5.0 out of 5 stars You can combine cold brew methods with this excelent device
I have had my AeroPress about a year or more now. I bought mine to use at work and bought a second one for home. It is very soundly made, the only thing you need to watch out for is to be sure you use a sturdy, squat cup, not a tall thin cup, or you may tip it when pressing the brew out. It took some experimentation, but I would like to share what I have found...
Published on November 10, 2009 by Joe Tex

2.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressed, yet...
Well, after reading all the rave reviews, I decided to get a couple of these and see what the big 'brew-haha' was about.

Let's say I'm not giving up my moka pots and my french press, quite yet.

Mainly because it uses a boatload of coffee for what it does - two full scoops for what Aerobee calls a 'double-shot'. I call a single. Coffee tasted...
Published on August 23, 2011 by Garrick Berger

‹ Previous | 136 37 3873 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, July 1, 2013
This review is from: AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker with Bonus 350 Micro Filters (Kitchen)
I have been a coffee drinker for most of my adult life. I can tell you that I have tried the vast majority of coffee machines and systems out there - electric and manual. Prior to ordering the AeroPress I have been using a Nespresso machine and the select pods that you purchase for it. I do like the Nespresso system as their coffee/pods I believe are superior to most out there in the market, but they are pricey. However, I wanted an option that didn't require pods for the times I was either out of them or wanting a different taste/blend. The AeroPress is the answer. I wasn't quite sure at first how it actually worked, but once I received it I quickly realized the simplicity behind it. You can press it into a regular cup or it has the "adapter" for a demitasse cup depending on how much coffee/espresso you want. It tells you to make your water temp. 175 F for dark roast coffees and 185 F for lighter roasts. You then stir the grinds for 10 seconds while in the tube before plunging. I have followed the directions and by doing so I have a perfect cup every time - no bitter coffee ever! Very smooth and controllable to your desired strength by how many scoops you are adding to plunge. It really is an ingenious design and clean up is so simple and a matter of seconds. The AeroPress can accompany you anywhere because of its compact size and simplicity. The only thing you need to have in addition or be able to get upon your destination if traveling is ground coffee (unless you bring that as well), water (heated) and a cup. Highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a great cup of coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to make great coffee at home, July 1, 2013
This is the fastest, simplest, cleanest way to make great, clean and crisp espresso at home. Probably also the least expensive with the greatest taste results that can be had without using a high end espresso machine. Sometimes I use a Moka because I like its grittier, thicker texture and harsher flavor. I also have a Krups espresso maker that has a nice in-between result, but it and the Moka are both slower and messier to work with.

One possible downside with the AeroPress is that you may find you need to use a lot more coffee than you are used to using to generate the same strong, dark result. This is true of temperature controlled coffee making in general that doesn't use boiling water or steam. You get a much cleaner, crisper flavor but it takes more coffee to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I heart you, AeroPress, June 30, 2013
This little bugger now goes with me on every trip. You cannot make a better single cup of coffee. We just picked up some dynamite Peruvian beans from the good folks at Third Coast Coffee here in Austin TX where we are visiting, and made coffee for my friend and his wife who is from Peru. Suffice to say, they are now Third Coast lifers, and I'll be leaving my AeroPress with them as a gift if I cannot find one in town.

2.0 out of 5 stars Split decision, June 30, 2013
ELIZABETH CAMPBELL (Dixon, Wyoming U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
Okay, the product makes the coffee taste great, but it is messy.
Sometimes the filter lets the coffee grounds through and my cup of java is ruined or I have to re filter it with another/different application. The filter press does not hold enough water and I have to withdraw the plunger and add more water which means sometimes the grounds come up with it and go all over my and counter and sink.
Coffee does taste better with this press but since it is so messy and often lets espresso grounds sift through the filter I have to give it only two stars, sorry I was hoping for more too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than French press., June 29, 2013
Makes great coffee provided you can get your ratios of heat/beans/grind size and immersion time right. A ton easier to use and clean than French press with better results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the best cuppa' joe!, June 28, 2013
I used to make coffee with a French press, but the AeroPress blows it out of the water! No nasty coffee grains floating around in my cup, and I can make it as strong as I like! It's sooo easy to use as well!! the AeroPress is a brilliant little device for making the perfect cup of coffee!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE, June 25, 2013
THIS IS AWESOME- MAKES GREAT COFFEE! CLEAN IT EASY AND PEOPLE DIE WHEN I MAKE THEM A CUP O JOE!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best homemade coffee I have ever had!, June 20, 2013
Seriously! If I blindfolded you and had you taste a coffee made from here or an expensive coffeehouse you would not be able to tell the difference. Make sure to watch a couple of the YouTube videos to get down the technique but it is very simple to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cup of Jo, June 20, 2013
quick and easy to use and clean and makes an excellent cup of coffee. We are on our second one now, use it everyday!

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it literally every day., June 18, 2013
P. Wenzel (Hill Valley, CA, in the year 1985.) - See all my reviews
The Aeropress lets me make a cup of coffee to fit my exact taste profile. It's amazing. I use my Aeropress to make regular coffee, lattes, iced coffee, and cold press.

Tips:

1. Throw out the instructions and use the inverted method.
2. Pair with the BonJour latte frother (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000E170W)
3. Try all the recipes included the Aeropress timer iPhone app. You'll be surprised by the variety of methods out there.

‹ Previous | 136 37 3873 | Next ›