Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aerobed Adventure Inflatable Bed with Battery-Powered Flashlight Pump, Queen
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 26, 2008
I purchased this bed based on Aerobed's excellent reputation for air mattresses. Almost all of their other air beds actually plug into the wall all night, which is how they stay firm all night long. This bed is intended for situations where you might not have electricity - say, when camping - though the instructions tell you that the bed should "only be used inside." I suppose a tent counts as inside, right?

The pros of this bed: Stayed more firm overnight than any other camping air mattress I have used (Coleman, and a no-name). Bed was clearly made of quality, thick plastic. Air valve had a little thingy to block air from rushing out when you open it. Battery-powered pump was pretty strong, and also would suck air out of the bed when you want to take the bed down. Flashflight was weak, but serviceable. Came with two patches.

The cons: The pump ONLY WORKS when horizontal. If you're setting your camp up in the dark and putting the batteries in the pump for the first time, make sure to put the pump in the horizontal position before turning it on, or it won't turn on. The first night we had to use our friends' pump, which was subpar and only pumped our bed up halfway. This bed was also a little expensive.

Tips: Fill up the bed halfway and let it sit. Then finish pumping it up. This prevents leaks. Keep your pump horizontal, or it won't work.

Verdict: I'm glad I made the investment in a slightly nicer air mattress. This thing should last longer than two or three uses. There's nothing worse than a slowly deflating mattress... and hopefully I won't have that issue with this baby.
on September 5, 2009
We had this bed less than a year and used it only a few times when it developed a very slow leak. We finally figured out the seam had split very slightly - be enough to make the bed useless. The bed was gently used so I really see no excuse for it to break. It was comfortable and worked fine until the seam broke. Considering our old Coleman mattress lasted years with a lot of abuse (from kids who jump - who are old enough to not do that now) - I expected a lot more from a more expensive bed.
on March 5, 2010
This is a really nice sturdy mattress, but don't expect much from inflater. The inflater takes 8 c batteries and has poor power (even with new batteries). If inflater had AC/DC adapters to plug into car and standard outlets this product would be 5 stars. I think product description is mis-represented as it states the "included dual-purpose Air Light Flashlight pump, which plugs into your car's DC power outlet" is wrong. The inflater does not plug into car DC as it comes (it only takes batteries). I were rating mattress alone score would be much higher. I'll probably give charger to goodwill since its inefficient, but still think product is a good deal with mattress alone.
on December 26, 2010
The aerobed mattress was fine but only used two times within 6 months and the 0-ring broke. Now the company will NOT send me the 0-ring, I must buy the whole big part for 10 dollars and then pay 12 dollars shipping!!! Heck might as well buy a new bed. Company needs to stand behind product better. So, I need one little 0-ring and can't get it. So bed is worthless.
on April 7, 2010
Just want to repeat what another person said - this has completely false advertising. It is does NOT have a DC power adapter, and so you MUST have 8 C batteries to be able to inflate the product. I can't tell you if it works well once you've inflated it, since I trusted the advertising and do not have batteries in the house. It's an incredible price for an aerobed, but the batteries might off set that mightily!
on December 18, 2008
Air Valve is poorly designed by the time you remove the pump and reach in to pull the flapper valve closed the mattress has gone soft. and this was done in a well lighted room, how you are supposed to do this after dark while camping or in the back of a car i don't know.
on June 8, 2009
I bought this bed as a replacement air mattress for camping. I wanted to make sure that the new bed worked with my car's DC adapter, since my old bed had that functionality and I LOVED it - no need for batteries! Only problem is - this bed cannot be used with your DC connection! The description is incorrect!!! I got stuck up in the mountains with no way to blow up the bed, since I did not bring batteries along. Had to call a friend to bring batteries to me!

Once I FINALLY got the bed blown up, it worked well. Held air nicely and was as comfortable as you can expect from an air mattress. Someone PLEASE fix the description though!! This is major false advertisement!!
on October 26, 2012
This was a perfect addition to our bedding. We had a guest come to visit and I needed an extra mattress. I have had several blow up mattresses in the past with the pump that was attached. somehow they would never hold the air. I think gaps would start around the pump and mattress. This pump was great. The bed kept the air for days. It felt soft under the sheets and not cold like the vinyl ones.
on August 11, 2013
I had an older model Aerobed Sport for years that I loved. When it finally needed to be replaced I thought I'd just get the latest model of same thing. This model has a smaller, junkier valve. While the original model automatically sealed when the pump was disconnected, this one requires massaging a flap to ensure it aligns correctly, and then quickly replacing the cap while the air leaks out. The pump is also not great. It requires 8 C batteries, as opposed to the original model's internal rechargeable battery. The pump has a built in flash light with a push button switch in a dangerous position. More than once I've taken the pump out of the bag to find the light had inadvertently turned on and depleted the batteries. Now I'm in the habit of taking one of the batteries out when I store it to avoid this. The pump has a 'reverse' to suck the air out of the mattress when you store it. The previous model would deflate quickly on its own by simply opening the valve, but this one requires you to jam your finger or something in the valve if you want to deflate without using the pump.

All that said, the mattress itself seems of comparable quality to the older model. Once you manage to properly inflate and seal the mattress, it won't leak. It's somewhat toughened on the bottom so it should be a bit puncture resistant.
on May 12, 2010
I've used aerobeds consistently for 10 years now and they are the best brand for air matresses! The aerobed adventure is a little mushy but you dont feel the ground so its doable....the pump didnt work...but i had a regular pump that worked just fine(thank goodness!)...also the pump that came with the bed has no attachment for your car lighter as stated in the description :( ....ive had this bed for about 4 weeks now and so far so good...i use it daily...so i hope i get at least a year of use as with most aerobeds....the longest an aerobed has lasted was 3 years! and that was awesome!

See 1 answered question