1,607 Reviews
 (1,018)

5.0 out of 5 stars This works so well, it's INSANE
I just got the box from Amazon, pulled out my new Aerolatte, removed the protective cover from the battery compartment (yeah, it even comes pre-loaded with a pair of "aerolatte" double A's!), and put about 2 oz of NON-FAT (skim) milk in a glass.

Published on January 2, 2008 by Jonathan Sabin

I have owned this for about 5 years. I use a stover top espresso maker which works about as well as electric steam type. I have found that the electric pump type that are less than $250.00 don't work that well, and take up too much counter space in a small kitchen. This does work, but I found something that froths milk much better than this and much faster...
Published on February 9, 2008 by Lakeside Al

5.0 out of 5 stars This works so well, it's INSANE, January 2, 2008

I nuked the milk for about 20 seconds, pulled it from the microwave, stuck the aerolatte in the glass and pushed the switch.

DANG!!

Nearly INSTANT foam. GOBS of it. It formed PEAKS!! You could make small milk-animals out of it.

I really can't believe how well this thing works. The only thing that would ruin it for me is if it simply fell apart after a few uses, but frankly, with a little bit of care, it looks like it'll hold up. We'll see.

But in the meantime, call me Doctor Foam.

-Jonathan Sabin

UPDATE ***9 MONTHS LATER***

Notwithstanding the complaints of people who claim that their aerolatte lasted about 5 minutes, I just replaced the batteries for the first time since buying it back in January. (Yes, it still works, but I was disappointed that I was no longer able to make foam-animals!)

Well a couple of fresh Duracells later, and I sound like a deranged dentist with this thing in my hand. The "buzz" I had become accustomed to, is now a high-pitched whizzing sound, that actually made my molars uncomfortable.

But I'm back to making some seriously decent foam again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Pump, easier than Steam wand, February 13, 2008
Length:: 0:54 Mins

** below is my original review but I just wanted to add a quick note that I'm still using this exact same milk frother today (May 2014). It's been 6 years since I bought it! **

1st time, I didn't even know what I was doing but I was able to make high volume of nice foam (very fine bubbles and creamy) from Aerolatte. I own a Briel cappuccino maker with milk frother/steam wand. It steams milk well but require Barista level skill to make good froth! I also own a Bodum pump which requires way too much energy. Aerolatte is my most favorite tool to froth milk now. It works well with both cold or hot milk and very fast (10-15 seconds). Sorry about the lengthy video, that was my 1st time using it without prior practice. I can master it in less time now. Milk froth tastes a little airy (not as good as using steam wand) but still better than using hand-pump. This tool does not heat milk but I have no problem using it to froth hot milk :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee lovers dream tool !! Awesome !, July 30, 2005
I must admit, when I first heard of these immersion frothers, I was very skeptical. I had tried many frothers, cappuccino machines with built in frothers (work great first 2 times, then they always clog) and plunger frothers (can you say carpal tunnel syndrome??) etc. After much time AND much effort, there was very little reward, almost no froth and much frustration, not to mention cleanup. I tried the plunger types repeatedly to the point where I was sure I'd have blisters. Did I mention having to disassemble & clean all the frother parts after? :o)

So began my quest for an easy, effective way to obtain cappuccino style froth for my morning java. I searched java junkie message boards and decided to give the Aerolatte a try. I couldn't have been more amazed and pleased.

This little gadget runs on 2 AA batteries (included) and comes with a metal counter stand so it's easily accessible. I unboxed it and gave it a whirl, seemed sturdy and surprisingly fast. Now for the coffee test. Hmmm. So I brewed a pot (french press) of strong coffee and poured a little half & half in my mug and let 'er rip. All I can say is AWESOME!! I was totally shocked at how quick and easy the Aerolatte whipped it into froth. Seriously, comparable to the froth from Starbucks. I couldn't believe it.

The instructions recommend skim or low fat milk, which also frothed up just as thick and rich. Wow!!!! When you are finished, run the unit under under the faucet or in a cup of water to clean. Incredibly cool that you create the froth right in your coffee mug. Simple as that, no extra equipment to clean.

Be brave, experiment a little. I prefer heating my mug with sugar & half & half in the microwave for 30 seconds, froth for about 30 seconds & pour in coffee. Voila Coffee house quality cappuccino and no pots or tubes to clean. Pretty spectacular!

Details: Gotta admit, the stand that arrived with mine is cool to look at, very high-tech, but poorly designed & a tad annoying as you need 2 hands to remove the frother or put it back in. Ok, but not ideal. Luckily, Aerolatte must have realized this, as they have since redesigned the stand & replaced with an even cooler (hopefully more functional) design.

The battery life is excellent (at least 4 weeks of daily use), however I would recommend investing in rechargeable batteries and charger, as the unit is much more efficient and faster with strong batteries.

My first Aerolatte burned out after a little over a year of heavy usage. I loved it so much I purchased another. The price is reasonable as my unit was packaged with the unit, stand and matching shaker for toppings (cinnamon, cocoa, etc)

Highly recommended. You will not be disappointed! Bravo Aerolatte

5.0 out of 5 stars More than you expect, March 8, 2006
I bought this item in a store in Austin two years ago. I was regretting the purchase the moment I paid (I thought that $20 was too much for a milk frother, because all those cappuccino and espresso machines include a frother, but it never works as you expected, so, why this little thing was going to work better than those machines?). But then I tried it. I made a mess the first times but I loved it. Some weeks later, I went to a store to buy an old fashioned-Spanish style coffee maker. A perfect combination for my Aerolatte! I forgot about machines.

One sad day I found that the battery compartment was damaged. I thought that perhaps some water came in. I looked for another Aerolatte, which was difficult because I have not seen it in Mexico and I was not planning to visit USA soon. I found this item in Amazon, and I placed my order in October last year, when the cold and misty days make you desire a good cup of coffee or a well shaken hot chocolate... When I requested it I did not care about the problem with the batteries (I thought: "Well, I will keep it without the batteries"), so until I received it I noticed that this problem was corrected by placing the battery compartment at the top of the item (instead of on one side), and it also included a few extra technical features in order to avoid the water gets in, so I can keep it with the batteries inside all the time. The item was successfully redesigned. The stand is a plus (in my first purchase it did not come with a stand).

Recommendations:
a) Trust the instructions inside (very well written, not only grammatically speaking, but for a non expert coffee maker, like me);
b) Believe in the recipes included: yes, you will be able to make multicolor layered coffees;
c) It works better with non "low-fat" or "light" milks or products;
d) The hotter the milk, the better froth; and,
e) Change the batteries that come with the product, those are a nice courtesy, but don't have enough energy, and the Aerolatte works with strength. Low batteries cause that your froth goes away too soon.

I blindly recommend this product, I love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well when the batteries are new. But you can froth milk in French Press!, February 9, 2008

Use a small Bodum 4 cup French Press. Put your milk in the French Press (not the same one you are making your coffee in. Get a second smaller one) and rapidly work the plunger up and down for about 10 to 20 seconds. You have frothier milk in less than half the time and you won't need to change batteries every two weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, February 1, 2005
This works amazingly well. We've used it for a poor-man's latte by microwaving milk, then frothing it to simulate steamed milk, then mixing it with various coffees. We've also used it to froth hot chocolate. Doesn't work that well for making whipped cream.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Useless Product Guarantee!, June 26, 2008
Our aerolatte was pressed into domestic service to make froth for about 6 cups of coffee daily and it stopped working after only three months. The email address on the aerolatte 5-year guarantee policy is no longer in use and their web site doesn't accept product complaints once the boxes have been filled in. Their fax number listed on the aerolatte web site didn't connect despite many attempts. We bought a product with a 5-year guarantee only to discover that the company CAN'T BE REACHED, except when placing an order!?! In light of such poor customer care, I advise against buying an aerolatte product. As a byline, in 2007 we had bought three no-name China frothers at a very low price- they only lasted about 2 months each which is why we bought the "superior-original" aerolatte, which too, is JUNK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, frothy milk at last.........., April 20, 2006
This review is from: Aerolatte Milk Frother, Chrome (Kitchen)
Who needs the high tech stuff? This little frother couldn't be better! It works killer within seconds! It even works on my soymilk! I'm so impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Aerolatte is great ... rates 5 plus, plus, etcetera!!, November 11, 2006
I'm pleasantly surprised at the thick, firm, yet light, foam this product produces from homemade soy milk ... all that with my very first attempt! Now, I can experiment with some light flavors. Trust me ... this is a no brainer! My only regret is that I waited so long to give this little gadget a try. I'm at the bottom of my first large cup of coffee using this little frother, and the froth/foam had such staying power that I'm having to use a spoon to get the last it from the cup. Thank you Areolatte!!

UPDATE 12/22/06: Boy oh boy, how I love Aerolatte frothers!! I now own three of these little gadgets! I recently bought 2 more from the online Aerolatte distributor. The very newest top-of-the-line model is all stainless (even the handle), has a thicker stainless stem, and comes with a large stainless stand. Then, they have the black molded plastic one that comes with it's own sturdy grey, protective, plastic container with a cap on one end (not the one with the tin case) for on the road. I just can't seem to contain myself with how happy I am with this product! I hope this review is useful to some who might have doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Latte, December 1, 2007
This review is from: Aerolatte Milk Frother, Chrome (Kitchen)
I use this gadget for bringing sauces together, mixing custard and soups.
Perfect for when a sauce starts to break and you are in the middle of something else.

Submerge the tip and it mixes, partially submerge the tip and it brings air into a light sauce or makes whipped cream.

Aerolatte Milk Frother, Chrome