Other Sellers on Amazon
Aerosmith Original recording remastered
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
|New from||Used from|
Vinyl, Limited Edition, Original recording remastered, April 20, 2013
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Track Information Available
Media Type: CD
Street Release Date: 09/07/1993
Top Customer Reviews
I can't stop listening to it.
There are some odd things here--for example, how come "Make It" is so good, even though Joe Perry's guitar solo is not quite in tune and is totally out of time? Is he playing along with a different song? And who did the lousy overdubbed lead guitar on "Somebody"? It's played bad and edited even worse. And what's with the goofy intro to the great "Walkin' The Dog"?
The real revalation, after years of hearing nothing but talk of coke addictions and internal squabbling associated with Aerosmith, is how fun and downright optimistic this band can be. "Make It," "Dream On," even "Mama Kin," all sound to me like declarations of independence and musical freedom from Steven Tyler. In it's best moments, this album doesn't just rock; it SWINGS.
"Dream On" is pure magic--and inspired, too, because there is nothing else here with the same level of musical sophistication--and it hasn't been rendered impotent by radio overkill the way that contemporaries like "Stairway To Heaven" or "Smoke On The Water" were.
I'm shocked to find that this record is carried NOT by Joe Perry--most gorups of the genre lean so heavily on lead guitarists--but by by bassist Tom Hamilton and (I spent years trying to avoid saying these words) the GREAT Steven Tyler.
I've spent two weeks listening to this, two weeks searching for the word to describe Tylers vocals, and I keep coming back to my initial adjective: MUSCULAR.
My god the guy can sing. He makes me feel strong and macho just listening to him. Trust me, that's saying a lot.Read more ›
1. Make It: Great opener, period. There is truly nothing wrong with this song. It's catchy and it rocks. 8.5 stars (out of ten.)
2. Somebody: The opening riff is original, the vocals soar above the istrumentals, and the guitar is killer. 8.5 stars.
3. Dream On: The only song that gains enough recognition it deserves. This is the second-definitive Aerosmith song, next to Walk This Way. Perfect. 10 stars.
4. One Way Street: An epic blues-rock bonanza. Love the guitar Love the harmonica. Love the vocals. Aw, heck, I love it all. 9 stars.
5. Mama Kin: Some of the best riffs Joe Perry ever made are displayed on this track. I'm so glad they added it to the latest greatest hits album (Oh Yeah!) 10 stars.
6. Write Me: One of their most underrated songs ever. The beat is rocking, and there isn't any better harmonica-wailing anywhere. It's a personal favorite of mine. 9 stars.
7. Movin Out: This is a very moody and out-of-place song here. It's not bad by a long shot. It just doesn't fit with all of the fast paced flurries the preceed it. It's still a keeper that I think would have been better on Get Your Wings. 8 stars.
8. Walkin' The Dog: One of their best cover songs.Read more ›
For anyone's first album, for it to be this good is amazing. And indeed it is. Everything is pure Aerosmith. It seems like no producers or executives got in there way. This is the way Aerosmith should have always been recorded. They sound like a gritty, fighting for their careers, musicians that always made them sound their best.
There are a couple of well done covers, and some nice original blues and slight jazz songs here. To call out the best song, I've got to tell you that seven out of eight songs have to step forward, if you like this type of rock and roll.
This is an album that will make all you younger guys say, hey, with a little practice, I can get real close to playing this stuff. And you can. Just keep working on your guitar solos!
But this will definitely motivate you to pick up your axe and start playing. Good, well defined, basic, good sounding rock music that came from a garage, and still can. Difficult category of album to find.
Enjoy, and play your axe off!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brilliant! Fantastic remastering is amazing on this debut from 1973. Highly recommendedPublished 3 days ago by BlakDogOz
Just got it today-12/20/2015!! I love it!! Awesome!! Fantastic!! Amazon is like a Xmas Wonderland!! I will be doing all of my shopping here!! Great music store!! Great!! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Thomas E Shelton
I blast the special songs and go driving down the highway! What a treat! Love it!!Published 2 months ago by LCarol