5.0 out of 5 stars No more sulfer in the nostrils, June 18, 2012
Busy Dad (Philadelphia PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
Our volunteer department has 10 sets of these and we use them at accident scenes. The police have commented that they look just like traditional flares and do attract a lot of attention. We love the different patterns and the magnetic base is great to mark a vehicles position on the road.

The charge lasts a long time - we have not had any lose their charge on the job. I would highly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright and can be left plugged in, April 5, 2013
Yobo1 "Webslave" (Clearville, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
I needed a good, bright alternative to regular roadside flares. We travel far and wide with a 5th wheel trailer and in case of a breakdown, I needed some warning method that didn't pose the risk of fire. After being out in the mid-west and west the last couple of years and seeing the wildfires up close and the damage they cause, I felt the regular flares posed too much of a danger to use.

After looking at a lot of the LED "flares", I settled on these. They are by no means cheap, but, they are heavy duty (yes you can drive on them; I tested it), they are bright enough in the daytime to be easily seen and impossible to miss at night. Most of the LED kits, IMHO, don't come with enough "flares" and the chance of having a dead batteries or having to carry spares was the limiting factors. The Aervoe kit has 6 "flares", an ample number, and they are tough as the dickens. The magnets to attach them to metal are the rare earth type and have a good "clamp" to any ferrous metal. The feature that really sold me? The batteries, once charged, will hold a charge for 90 days which is super, but, the case is the charging base for all six at one time and can be left plugged in indefinitely. In the storage area of my 5th wheel I have a 110v plug, it sits in the bay plugged in all the time, no fear of dead batteries. It comes with both 110v and 12v charger adapters and when we aren't traveling, the unit sits in the back of my Journey plugged in to the 12v socket back there. Again, always charged and ready to go. They aren't the cheapest, but, I can find no faults with them and will be getting another set so that both my vehicles will be outfitted with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
I.am very happy with this product. I've used them a lot of vehicle crashes where I was stuck for over an hour waiting for a row truck. Saves a lot of flares and is a lot quicker to deploy and have them set up. The flashing patterns grab approaching motorist attention and you see them merge earlier than I see with traditional flares. Well worth the investment. I have some co-workers and tow operators interested in buying them now.

5.0 out of 5 stars um...AWESOME, June 28, 2014
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
Love these things!! They are in our car for emergencies but I also will be using them in our 72 hour kits for lighting =0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 26, 2014
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
Work great and they have been fully charged in my car every time I've needed them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw a cop directing traffic and using these. Bought two sets!, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
The first time I saw these they were extremely visible. Bought two sets for myself and my wife. One of the best features is you can throw them so you don't have to step out into the road to set them up. Granted they could end up all over the place but it is better than risking your life.

If you have a toddler they will get a kick out of them too!

5.0 out of 5 stars what a product!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
I haven't had a chance to really use this, but I can see its worth. For a regular person like me, not in law enforcement and such, this is something good to have and you hope never use it. This is an amazing product, meaning you don't need to worry about getting burns and can be used even if you have a fuel spill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
I could not believe how nice this bad boys are. I charged them in their case and have been taking them to our functions to show them off. All of the traffic emergencies I have been to since I got them have been in the daylight, so I only used cones. Murphy's Law I suppose. As soon as I take one out of the case and turn it on, whomever I am showing it to, takes it out of my hand. They want them. I cannot verify the ability to be run over yet, as I can't make myself put them in harms way knowing that they will geet run over. I like the SOS setting best as many patterns get overlooked as drivers are approaching. It keeps their attention. What I didn't see in the photo, and yes it is there, is the DC adapter for the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to have, very bright and durable, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit (Sports)
Great option to use then flares themselves.... Very bright and last a long time then conventional flares. The recharge plugs for A/C and D/C (in car) are an excellent feature. The multiple flash patterns are great to alert other drivers and can be seen from a very good distance. I recommend this for all first responders or police departments to have, better then wasting money on flares all teh time.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED road flare, March 9, 2013
These work really well.

The only comment that I would have is even though it is obvious, mounting horizontal vs. vertical is much more eye catching.

Aervoe LED Road Flare Kit