5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Publication! Great Ideas!
Published on January 31, 2008 by S. Friedman

3.0 out of 5 stars good book for what it does.
Published on May 6, 2009 by MR Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Publication! Great Ideas!, January 31, 2008
Love the book. Very detailed, great photo's. Great ideas! This book is very easy to read and understand because they are shown with photo's which really help. it is so well written that I will look at doing projects that I hadn't thought about doing. There are so many things that I do love and the book is so accurate. Page 194 shows a sink refinished with a coating and shows a before and after picture. My friend actually did this to her bathroom tub and tile and it looked NEW afterwards. The mirror trim is awesome too (mirredge) page 198.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful material, June 26, 2008
This is very useful if you are contemplating a remodel or at the planning stage. It has great photos, ideas and considerations for each phase of the remodel. It is only an overview of the process so you will need a different book if you want a how-to-manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful resource!, November 2, 2010
R L Snyder (Sunbury, PA United States) - See all my reviews
So many helpful ideas, and photos to make them clear! Even though we are actually building a home, I loved the author's first book "Building An Affordable Home" so much, that I wanted this one too. Although it's not a "how-to manual", it has many wonderful ideas for planning usable, affordable and pleasant spaces in your home, whether you are building new, adding on or remodeling what you already have. Incorporating only one idea in your planning will more than pay for the book, and there are so many included. Great value. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, January 9, 2008
I started out by using the book, Affordable Remodel for a redecorating/small renovation project. I wanted to turn a small, nothing room into a guest/office for myself and found it to be a wonderful resource. Well as the project progressed I noticed that I could use the photos as sources for my students' class research project on Homes/then and now. The photos are wonderful illustrations of how far we have come along!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book on a variety of ideas for the home, November 7, 2011
I bought this because we wanted to re-model two of our rooms and weren't sure if we wanted contractors or if we wanted to do this ourselves. The book gives some very useful pointers on how to give rooms a new look without going crazy with the budget. Not just a DIY, it's more of a set of ideas that we can consider for our rooms.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool book w/ lots of info, May 2, 2011
This book is a good read for those interested in remodeling.

While it hasn't given me too much info regarding my specific endeavors in remodeling, it has given me vast amounts of insight into the processes and ideas behind remodeling a house. It takes you through the entire house, offering ideas for specific rooms at multiple budgets and at the same time offers solutions to specific "popular" problems.

All in all, this book is a good read for anybody interested in learning more about home remodeling. It's definitely worth checking out, especially since you won't be spending a ton of money to get it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good book for what it does., May 6, 2009
This book is geared towards getting the most out of your contractor and ideas that are cost effective. I was hoping for ideas for the average person to do themselves or at least options, and it's not that. It's more about choosing between competing ideas, building and bid options and such. If that's what you're looking for then this is the book for you. If your looking for ways to reorganize a space or move an island, wall, ect. this is NOT the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of helpful tips and ideas., February 17, 2014
Another huge money saver. Not only are you getting a book with valuable information regarding all facets of home remodeling on any budget (save money, time, and mistakes), your getting it for a terrific price. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Infornation, May 3, 2014
Love this book. I've had it for years and keep going back to it.
Wish he would write another. Very practical information.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, August 30, 2014
Not really what I expected. I was looking for a book that would give the DIYer some inspiration to tackle projects. This book is more for those looking to work with contractors.

Affordable Remodel: How to Get Custom Results on Any Budget
Affordable Remodel: How to Get Custom Results on Any Budget by Fernando Pagés Ruiz (Paperback - October 1, 2007)
$21.95 $18.89