5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent patterns that I come back to again and again
Published on March 28, 2005 by Lady Atana

1.0 out of 5 stars Mistakes in the Patterns
I've started three different afghans in this book. Unfortunately, all three had errors in the directions! I'm a very experienced crocheter so I would suggest that novices not purchase this book unless they feel they can make the corrections on their own.
Published on November 9, 2010 by BarbieL

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent patterns that I come back to again and again, March 28, 2005
This review is from: Afghans For All Seasons Book 1 (Leisure Arts #100318) (Paperback)
This was the first crochet pattern book I ever bought, and boy did I make a great investment! I now have over 30 crochet afghan pattern books, but I always return to this one. The designs are varied and suitable for different skill levels. There is a wide variety of afghans from light aghans perfect for a picnic, to cute and cuddly baby afghans, to thick warm and cozy afghans perfect for cold winter nights. I have made several afghans from this book, and there are still several more I would like to make.

I highly recommend this pattern book as a classic reference to cover all your afghan needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crochet patterns for all skill levels., September 1, 1998
By A Customer
This book has different afghan patterns for every season. Personally, I have a couple of favorites in this book. The first is called "Spring Ripple". The picture shows this afghan in Mint and Peach. I made it twice in Kentucky Blue and White for my two sisters-in-law who are avid Kentucky Wildcat Fans. My second favorite is called "English Garden". the picture shows this afghan in Light rose, Rose and Green. I made it for my neice in Pink and two shades of Purple. The patterns work up really nice and I am very pleased to have this book in my pattern collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Patterns for Beginners as well as Advanced Crocheters, June 28, 2001
Wonderful patterns for a variety of themes and styles. The book is divided into sections according to season, which is great to browse for ideas, but annoying when you are looking for a specific style of afghan. Does have two of the cutest baby/child afghans I have ever seen! One is Rainbow Diamonds, which is granny squares worked with side joining (I've made 10 thusfar) and A Child's Very Own which is done in rounds and looks great not only in primary but pastels (I've made 4 thusfar). I've made quite a few others and have found the patterns accurate and appealing when completed. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars By far, my favorite book!, April 15, 1999
By A Customer
I have many pattern books, but the one I always go back to is Afghans For All Seasons. It has something for everyone. Most of what I made, I used the same colors the pattern called for. But changing the colors gives a whole new look to the afghan. I made "A Childs Very Own" which called for bold primary colors. I substituted light blue and white and had a very beautiful afghan for a new born boy! I've made many and have many more on my 'to do' list!

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great selection of patterns!, June 8, 1999
By A Customer
I have used this book again and again. I always find a new way to use the patterns. I have made "A Child's Very Own" by substituting alternating white and variegated jeweltones instead of the primary bands, and it makes a great baby's afghan. I especially enjoyed making the cover afghan, "Picket Fences", because the ease of the mile-a-minute technique made it work up fast. It's fun just to look through all the marvelous afghans pictured in this full-color book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect starter book, January 1, 2004
powwowhappy "powwowhappy" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I had not crocheted for many years. A friend recommended this book. After I brushed up on stitches, I found this book easy to follow. Well written instuctions and wonderful illustrations for every afghan. I completed at least 5 afghans from this book. Saddly, I have misplaced it, so I think I will order it again. It's worth it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful presentation, June 8, 2000
This is my favorite type of book. Each pattern has a full color photo on the facing page. A good number of them have a detail photo as well. This provides all the eye candy you need to thumb through looking for one that jumps out as the perfect afghan to make next. With over 50 afghans to choose from, that shouldn't be hard. The hardest thing is accepting that you can't make all of them RIGHT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pattern Review, January 13, 2007
This book has more beautiful patterns all in one book. Usually when you buy a book, it may have one or two patterns that spark interest, but I have never seen this quantity of unique patterns. I would recommend it to anyone who loves to create because these are truly creations.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful addition to your crochet library, March 7, 2005
This is an excellent book and I highly recommend it. It has patterns for everyone, from the beginner to the most experienced crocheter. The instructions are clear and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, December 16, 2003
"limhoff" (West Salem, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This book was very well illustrated, which really helps when selecting a project to begin. The patterns are very beautiful, and I actually had trouble deciding where to begin! I am a beginner, but found the directions to be very simple to follow. I have already completed two projects in the short time I have had the book. It definitely tops any others I've purchased thus far.

Afghans For All Seasons Book 1 (Leisure Arts #100318)
Afghans For All Seasons Book 1 (Leisure Arts #100318) by Leisure Arts (Paperback - April 1, 1993)
Used & New from: $20.81