Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Grocery Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 8, 2013
Hi, I'm a twenty-two year old (female) college student. I gained twenty pound since I began college, most in the last year since I quit the sport I was involved in to focus on academics. I haven't gained more than an inch in height (so it's not that I'm getting too much taller). I'm not terribly overweight (5'9" @ 170 lbs when I started), but I don't appreciate the extra pounds and I don't have the time to running as much as I'd like (and I do like running. That's not the issue here.)

I've tried the Mango African Plus for a little less than a month (I'm ordering more right now. I just figured I'm write a review, since I remember spending a long time trying to find comparisons on weight loss products). I've loss about 6 pounds. So it is working for me. It's not amazing, but it's doing the job I want it to. I followed the instructions (during weekdays:) on taking one pill twenty minutes before breakfast and one pill twenty minutes before lunch. (On weekends I altered this by only taking one pill twenty minutes before lunch, since I don't need the extra caffeine on the weekends.)

About the side-effects...
- Caffeine: I felt VERY jittery the first few days, and occasionally a little jittery for the next couple weeks, but nothing outrageous or that I couldn't handle. The first couple nights it took me a couple hours more than usual to fall asleep and I woke up a couple times unable to sleep, but I'd crawl back into bed after 30 minutes. I didn't take any extra caffeine in the first couple of weeks (out of caution). Now (after 3-4 weeks), my body has gotten used to the caffeine and I've been drinking Starbucks and Monsters when I feel like it (more for the taste than the caffeine ha ha). At this point, yes I'm completely awake during the day (I can nap if I REALLY want to, but even if I do, I usually get up before my alarm). This is fine for me because I need to stay awake during my classes anyways.

- Stomach cramps: This is pretty slight and not very painful, but I figured I'd mention it.

Other than that I don't know what to say. I gave this product 4 out 0f 5 stars because it is doing (for me) what ti says that it would do. I usually don't give 5 out of 5 unless the product is absolute amazing, but I would recommend it and I am going to continue using it (I might eventually weed myself down to one pill a day and then to one pill only on week days, but I still have 14 more pounds before I have to worry about that). I'm not on my amazon account much, but if you leave a question, I'll do my best to answer it. Thanks.
on July 17, 2012
This supplement has way too much caffeine. I felt horrible everytime I took it and I only took one pill at a time.
on June 7, 2012
BEWARE - DO NOT buy this product from africanmangosystem.com 1-877217-0463. If you see this web address or phone number BEWARE - they sold this to my teenage daughter, started charging her $70.00 a month & would not refund her money when she realized that a "free trial" was NOT free.
on October 3, 2011
Tried this produst and the very first day I used it I felt my heart was going to jump out. There is 200mg of caffeine in it which is not listed. I'm not a coffee drinker so this was a shock to my systm. I only used it for a week cause I couldn't handle it anymore. I actually went to my local health food store and bought from them and it doesn't have the caffeine this product has. Wouldn't recommand to anyone.
on May 9, 2012
I felt way too much energy and the product seemed to accumulate in my system over the days I had taken it. After about five days I couldn't take it anymore and it took about two more to sleep as I usually do. I really did feel less hungry but the fast heartbeat made me worry. I cannot see how taking something like this is good. On the final day of taking the product I went to work and several people asked me why I seemed "off". I felt too much energy, like I couldn't relax. That was enough for me...I really did want this to work but losing a few pounds isn't worth hurting my body.
on June 22, 2011
So summer is here again and while everyone else strips down I cover up. I'm not overweight and thankfully never have been but I do have some excess fat that I would love to lose. Being pear shaped I have a bit more "junk in the trunk" that I would like. Tried numerous diets and exercises would gain a small success only to "fail" yet again. Never been much for pills so I tried to look at the most "natural" supplements available. Saw this, researched, read the reviews, and results. Thought why not after I blew my money on everything else. I ordered this from main website, thinking it would be better.

Finally got the pills and read the ingredients, yea....200mg of caffeine. In fact this product even warns that its about 3 cups of coffee. I don't drink coffee or anything with caffeine so I was kind of worried. During the first week I had the right to be so. I felt sick/nausea to my stomach and had a lethal headache. Obviously a side effect of the caffeine intake. I after a week of hell it started to subside after the eighth or ninth day. Although I have noticed my appetite has been curbed somewhat I haven't loss any inches, noticed a difference in my clothes (other than that they feel tighter.) (Also I try not to use the scale since I feel its not reliable. I much prefer size 4 pants compared to a number on a scale. )

Anyway its been about four weeks and I haven't noticed a thing. The only thing I lost was the $50 I paid buying these caffeine pills, I still have a 1/4 of pills left in the bottle so I will finish them. Maybe by then I will lose something.

So far I would not recommend these pills to anyone.

Amazon sells African Mango pills for about $25 cheaper and they seem to be legit. Going to try those after I finish these.
on June 26, 2012
This is just my review of the product. I bought a 4 month supply of this and after 2 months of taking it I did not see any reduction at all. This product does not work. Considering I started to eat smaller portions as well and cut out some food. This is a big scam. I used to take back in the day a pill called thermabutol and man did those pills work. I shed 55 lbs in 3 months. I used to weigh 220 and dropped down to 175 and it did not matter what I ate. Unfortunately cause of the ephedra it got banned but i had not after effects or did it mess up my body. If you are looking for a weighloss pill these african mango pills do not work.
on June 17, 2011
I looked over the description and details repeatedly. No where does it say that this contains caffeine. I am allergic to caffeine so I am not out $30 plus due to lack of information. Everything that is listed on the bottle should be listed on the description or details so you know exactly what you are buying. Buy the real stuff not this that has so many fillers!
on September 18, 2011
My sister recommended this product to me, so i figured that i would give it a try. I did some minor research before ordering and saw good reviews about how well it worked. unfortunately for some reason i failed to notice the amount of caffeine in each pill, especially for someone who is sensitive and gets the jitters.

one article i read said to take 2 tab 30 mins before each meal, and another article said to take 1 tab 30 mins before breakfast and before lunch, but not at dinner time... which is understandable as this pill can keep you WIDE awake. so since my first day of taking this pill which was yesterday... no major weight loss has occurred (ok I was not really expecting an immediate miracle) but the truth is that now i am wondering if i want to strive for day 2... believe me the jitters were not for the faint of heart...

new plan - i will take 1 tab in the morning and 1 at lunch time, just to see if that makes a difference (yes my first mistake was taking 2 tabs the first day and 1 in the evening - never again) as to whether or not this product works... i will have to let you know later African Mango Plus - African Mango Weight Loss Supplement Lose Weight and Burn Belly Fat with African Mango Diet Pill ~ 1 Bottle
on June 11, 2014
Good but too much caffeine!!!! It is like drinking 4 cans of Redbull. :S It makes you lose weight but even taking the last pill 8 hours before I am going to bed.. IT IS SUPERHARD for me to fall asleep.