5.0 out of 5 stars If you were exposed to infidelity, please purchase this book
Published 18 months ago by Brian

3.0 out of 5 stars good but too commercial feeling
This book is for people who had affair for long term or in love with their secondary person. There are other types of affairs which this book does not cover. Also the examples does not sound real but perception of many people.
Published 17 months ago by muratb

5.0 out of 5 stars If you were exposed to infidelity, please purchase this book, February 8, 2013
This review is from: After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful, 2nd Edition (Paperback)
If you're looking into this book and reading this review, chances are you have been devastated by infidelity recently. This book is straight forward and has helped me realize that my feelings towards my wife's infidelity are not only normal, but are something that I can overcome. I was absolutely shocked how the author hit the nail on the head with real world examples of exactly how i feel. I'm not done with the book yet but so far I have not been able to put it down. My wife and I are working on making our marriage work so I am having her read this book with me each night so she can understand my emotions and help herself deal with what lead her to cheat in the first place. This book is perfect- it helps both the hurt partner and the unfaithful partner understand their actions, their reactions to themselves and each other, and how to cope with ending or continuing your marriage.

I was hesitant to purchase this because just reading the title stings a little. It's a terrible reminder of something that should never happen between two loving people. I feel like it takes a bold person to purchase a book like this because it seems so much easier to not think about the things that hurt us. I'm just a regular guy, not endorsed by the publisher or amazon, but I can tell you that the best thing you could do for yourself or your marriage is to add this book to your amazon cart and start healing the right way. Realize that your feelings are common and you're not crazy, irrational, or undesireable as you might think.

What do you have to lose? The book was under ten dollars, cheap in regards to what I believe it's worth. Be strong enough to seek guidance because you are not alone. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives new meaning to "Self Help" books, May 8, 2013
My husband and I went to couples counseling after his affair and this book was required reading. One of the biggest helps from the counselor. It helped me to see issues of this magnitude from another point of view. The greatest help for me is to know and understand my feelings on his betrayal and to start the healing process. I found that I HAVE CHOICES.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read if there is an affair in your life, June 6, 2013
"after the affair" is excellent. Hard to read because of the emotional stress, but required reading if there was an affair in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Couples Who Want to Work Through It, August 20, 2013
It gives both sides of the story, and it does it clearly. Helps you put a name to what you're experiencing, and let's you know it's normal to feel this way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book well worth the cost. ., April 21, 2013
Everett Knell (Los Alamitos, CA) - See all my reviews
As good as a marraige counselor if you execute its instructions on how to talk and listen to each other without shouting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read This For a Healing Experience, January 31, 2014
This was a very common sense practical book for healing the heart after a devastating affair in a marriage. It changed my life and let me heal.

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening, May 2, 2013
This was just what I needed , it opened my eyes up to things I would have never looked at or thought about before. If an affair has occurred in your marriage I recommend both husband ans wife read this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but too commercial feeling, March 24, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars After the Affair, November 4, 2012
Very helpful for the spouse who has been cheated on... Helps you realize what you are feeling is normal.. Points out what the cheater needs to do to help the spouse rebuild the marriage

4.0 out of 5 stars it covered everything I needed to understand., May 17, 2014
The book covered both sides of the affair, the hurt partner and the unfaithful. Being the hurt partner, it helped me understand that I'm not losing my mind; that the things I've experienced are perfectly normal given the situation. It also helped me understand my unfaithful partner and what she may be going through. There is a long road ahead of us and I'm not sure where it will lead, but this book helped me understand some if it.

$14.99 $11.51