4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Suspense Story from Kay Hooper!
Published on September 9, 2002 by Kristi Ahlers

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining
The book was entertaining but certainly not her best. I miss the books she writes about the psychics and enjoy them more.
Published 3 months ago by Shannon O'Brien

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Suspense Story from Kay Hooper!, September 9, 2002
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
Ms. Hooper has done it again. After Caroline is a story about a woman (Joanne) that dies at the exact same time as Carolina both in car accidents but on different sides of the United States. Only difference is Joanne is brought back to life and survives. After the car accident she starts to experience a dream that repeats itself every night. Haunted by the images in her dream Joanne starts to investigate her dream and follows the clues to a small oceanside town in Oregon. Here she meets people that knew Caroline and the picture that is drawn for her about this woman is distressing. She is not a likeable person and she has left behind her husband and a daughter.
Joanne starts to ask questions and this sleepy town wants to keep it's secerts. People start to die and it looks like Caroline's accident was no accident.
Plenty of page turning suspense and many twists and turns will leave you wanting to only put the book down after the story is finished. Well worth the time it takes to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars After Caroline Is A Wonderful Book That Is Hard To Put Down, November 5, 2001
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
Kay Hooper is one of my favorite female writers. I love all of her books and this one is no different. The story is wonderful-- the plot leaves the reader anxious to read more and before you know it you have finished another truly entertaining read. A Book Not To Be Missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Okay... So I bought this because of the cover, February 26, 2002
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
(Hardcover version) This has to be one of the prettiest covers and pages (inside) of a book that I have EVER read. Beyond that the story caught me from "go" I enjoyed this it reminded me of a Alfred Hitchcock Mystery and had enough pace to keep me enthralled, this was the first Kay Hooper I had ever read but after reading this one I went out and bought all of her back list to see how far she has come, wonderful story telling with enough suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, April 22, 2001
"intentaccess" (Boca Raton, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
Great book and kept me wondering on many, many levels. Joanne was a very realist person with unusual insight and instinct and willing to follow her mind-set no difference what the penalty would be. Both Caroline and Cliffside seemed to be just perfect but very compellingly was the levels of corruption revealed and put front. What a hero....Sheriff Griffin Cavanaugh. A great read!

4.0 out of 5 stars After Caroline, October 12, 2001
Rhonda (Windsor, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
When I think of Kay Hooper, I always think of how she takes a idea that could seem completely unbelievable and crafts it into an interesting, believable story. That's the case in this book when a woman, who almost dies twice in the same day, ends up packing up and heading off for a distant town to find answers to her strange dreams. Somehow, Hooper weaves a tale of mystery and romance and ends up with a twist at the end that maybe you should have seen coming. Sheriff Griffin is a great character and I would recommend this book to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best reads of the summer!, July 17, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
Excellent book. Kay Hooper kept me guessing on many levels. I liked this book because Joanne developed into a very real and likable person to me. She had an extraordinary perception/ intuition and was willing to follow her "gut feelings" no matter what the consequences might be. Cliffside and Caroline both seemed to be perfect, but Ms. Hooper very convincingly peeled away the layers of dishonesty and revealed what lay beneath. As for Sheriff Griffin Cavanaugh, who could ask for a better hero? Thank You Kay for the good read!

4.0 out of 5 stars My Thoughts After Caroline, April 17, 2000
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
When I finished After Caroline, I felt like I was saying goodbye to old friends. Kay Hooper kept me on an emotional rollercoaster with the heroine, Joanna Flynn, from the first page to the last. Several times during the book, I felt an almost erie sense of being right there with the characters. Since reading After Caroline, I have gone on to read Ms. Hooper's novel Amanda, and I enjoyed it just as much. I plan to read more of Ms. Hooper's books soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mix of romance and suspense!, November 8, 1999
R. Harden (Shelbyville, Kentucky USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
I just happened to pick this book up at the local library, and I'm thrilled that I did! Ms. Hooper did a wonderful job mixing suspense and romance, and kept me wondering until the end. The characters became very real to me through her description and believable dialogue. I'll definitely look for other Kay Hooper books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite read!, March 5, 2005
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
Kay Hooper has become one of my favorite authors. After Caroline was a great romance suspense novel. I enjoyed it from the first page until the last page! I am currently reading Finding Laura now by Ms. Hooper and enjoying it also. I do not think anyone will be disappointed in this book one bit. It was very hard to put down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked the Story, July 4, 2001
This review is from: After Caroline (Paperback)
I liked the story. There was enough mystery to keep me fairly interested, but the characters seemed a little flat. It seems either authors do a great job of either character development or story development. In this case, it is story development.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

After Caroline
After Caroline by Kay Hooper (Paperback - September 2, 1997)
$7.99 $7.19