Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 6, 1999
In my opinion, the author, Darryl Reanney, offers a colossal advancement in the field of human consciousness, succeeding to open a new dimension for the bold and the brave. He calls for the death of the ego-self as the way of moving into another realm, the breaking of the time continuum of today's perception into the liberating space and unity of the Super-consciousness. If one word can characterize his endeavor, it is "Freedom". For it is the conquest of death through death that Reanney is advocating, aligning himself with the well-known immortal figure of our culture: Yahshua, or Jesus, as many know him. It is the exalted state of the human condition that he is able to describe using the latest advancements in science and thought.
If Jesus had to live as a testament of our future, Darryl Reanney comes along, twenty Centuries later to start the process of becoming for the average intellectual mind.
The title, I think, is the only minus about this work. It might put off some people due to the title-induced perceived message of the book. I would have rather preferred to be called: "Our future: Now".
Every person that sincerely desires to transcend the present primitive condition of the human perception, should not only read this book, but make a point to study it out. I know of no other work that would help us to increase the awareness of our potential more, the critical need for spiritual growth for the preservation and advancement of the living condition.
on July 5, 2002
Darryl Reanney was already dead by the time I discovered his book. I read it on the inside back flap before I had even purchased it.
That fact I suppose set a curious mood for my reading of his work. But the spell of Reanney's poetic prose and erudite musings on the nature of time, space, consciousness and the possibility of immortality would have held no less power for me had I not known of his untimely death.
Reanney, an Australian molecular biologist, was a gifted writer able to combine compelling personal anecdote with insights from biology, physics, cosmology, philosophy, religion, literature, poetry and art into a dazzling narrative that searches ultimately for the answers to the 'big' questions: who are we? where did we come from? what is the meaning--if any--of consciousness?
Reanney wisely stops short of providing answers he could only invent, eschewing any overt or unsupported mysticism; yet he pursues the tantalizing clues that modern cosmology suggests we follow and makes poetry of it: we are the stuff of stars, truly made from dust--and in the sense that matter can never be destroyed but only converted into energy--eternal as those ancient stars.
I have rarely been so moved by a work of nonfiction; it is filled with insight and compassion and wonder.
So while those readers looking for pat explanations or easy comfortable conclusions would do better seeking out the quantum quackery of Deepak Chopra, this book was an awe-inspiring mind-expanding experience for me and will always have a place on my shelf.
For admirers of the work of David Darling, Paul Davies, et al... but superior, I think.
on January 1, 2001
Consistent with his perspective on consciousness the author attempts to unite scientific knowledge with mystic thinking. The build up of the argument emphasise scientific thought while the conclusion builds more on mystic thinking. The first part of the book is thought provoking, creating an eagerness to see where all the threads will be leading. The author challenges the illusionary securities humans has created for themselves. What made the book worth reading were the different perspectives on time in relation to human consciousness. The author indeed draws from a wide and multi-disciplinary base of knowledge to develop a compelling argument that human consciousness must face.
The disappointing part is that the author fails to draw all these awesome arguments into a fundamental self-consistent resolve. The end-argument is not convincing and the reader has to struggle through a muddle of vagueness in the latter part of the book.
In the final analysis the book is recommended for those who dare to challenge there accepted views on reality. The author does not really give the answers but your view on life and death will be stretched beyond their current boundaries after reading this book.
on March 25, 1998
I agree, in part,with the only other review. I did rate this higher due to the novel way the information was explained and the transformation of the author's perspective over the 10 plus years he took to write it. He explains that he left out many of the opposing views to the foundations of his theories and as a lay person I found it diffcult to accept many of his compelling points on face value alone. I admit to a bias for this type of speculation and would love to find further critical review of this material or perhaps a book with an opposing viewpoint.
on July 14, 1997
I thought this book gave me some interesting things to contemplate regarding life, and why man has created "God" to protect himself from the ability to forsee his own death. However, most of it seems written in a very sketchy manner that makes me feel that at least half of the assertions are not well founded or researched. Not that I've bothered to follow them up myself.

I also found the discussion of germs and their competition for survival very interesting and insightful to human lives in general.

I just wish he had written the book in a more controlled, directed, and researched manner. It left me with tons more questions than it answered completely.

I hope someone has written a book that elaborates on these topics as they relate to human life and everyday living. But it was interesting.
on July 8, 2000
If this book was not read by Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Marcus Borg, et al. who like to compare religious teachings and explain the metaphysical of our daily lives, they should. Their views seem a little late and not as well articulated.
on March 13, 2003
Here's a guy who spent a great deal of energy figuring out how to document the one-ness of all. Say what you will about the specifics, looking for one-ness is a noble task. I applaud Dr. Reanney's efforts, smarts and conclusions.
on May 15, 2006
This book completely changed my outlook on life! If you are lost and are searching for some answers, this book pretty much sums it up.