Adobe® Creative Suite® 4 brings together two powerful animation tools, each of which has its own specialized features and workflow. Learning to integrate Adobe After Effects and Adobe Flash Professional gives you more options for your animations and effects and the power to integrate video and motion graphics into a richer user experience. In this book, authors Richard Harrington and Marcus Geduld lead both types of users, those who are more familiar with either Flash or with After Effects, on using the programs together for maximum efficiency and creativity.
After walking you through the core features of both programs, the authors then explore advanced uses for each application. Each chapter focuses on a particular function of the program, teaching you how to create content for Flash with After Effects, enhance your projects using 3D environments, create professional-looking video with Adobe Media Encoder, and add interactivity, accessibility, and searchability to your video. You’ll also get hands-on experience using the project files on the accompanying DVD.
Within these easy-to-follow, step-by-step lessons, you'll learn to:
- Seamlessly exchange projects and assets between After Effects and Flash
- Shoot green screen material correctly, work with Keylight, and utilize embedded alpha channels
- Create dynamic text, vector-based animations, and “animated” video using the tools in Adobe Creative Suite 4
- Work with 3D cameras and lights and create 3D environments
- Convert Flash to broadcast and DVD standards with After Effects
- Use Adobe Media Encoder for professional results
- Create interactive controls and use cue points in your video
- Optimize video for accessibility and use Adobe® Soundbooth® for video transcription
- Use ActionScript in your projects for more innovative animations
Richard Harrington is a certified instructor for Adobe, Apple, and Avid, and an expert in motion graphic design and digital video. He is a regular contributor to Creative Cow, ProVideo Coalition, and numerous industry blogs and magazines. He also owns the visual communications company, RHED Pixel (www.rhedpixel.com) in Washington, DC. Rich is a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals Instructor Dream Team, chairs conferences for the National Association of Broadcasters, and has written numerous titles including Understanding Adobe Photoshop CS4, Photoshop for Video, and Broadcast Graphics on the Spot.
Marcus Geduld is a freelance programmer who teaches programming, design, animation, compositing, and video editing in New York City. He is the author of Premiere Pro Editing Workshop and After Effects Expressions and is the co-author of After Effects On the Spot. Marcus speaks on technical and artistic topics at numerous conferences and is an Adobe Certified Expert, a Macromedia Certified Developer, and an Avid Certified Instructor. He is artistic director of Folding Chair Classical Theatre, a New-York based company which he runs with his wife, actress Lisa Blankenship.