Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi) 2012 Model
Used & New from: $84.99
After two weeks, battery still weak It's been two weeks and still I have to charge my Tab 2 every day after only about a daily one hour of web surfing and downloading (and installing) apps. Is this weak battery life expected or does it get stronger in time? I did all the setting tweaks suggested by a poster here but still the battery drains fast after an hour of moderate use. I really like this tablet and Im actually seeking reasons to KEEP it rather than return it. Please advise. Thank you.
asked by RoundhouseDude on May 14, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
I'm getting much longer battery life than that, around 6-7 hours I'd guess.
I think you might have a defective unit.
Steven Pledger answered on May 14, 2012

A
votes
From what I've read, although Li-ion batteries don't suffer from "memory" issues like Ni-cads did, they still require several drains/charges to be properly conditioned. After that, it should store more power. However, some apps don't play well with Android systems when it comes to battery life. And then, there is also the issue of settings.

If you've installed a bunch of apps and widgets, chances are one or more of them is killing your battery. You can use the task manager to see which apps are running in the background, and get rid of unnecessary widgets on your home pages too. Also, make sure screen brightness is set to 50% at most during indoor use and check to see if you might have Bluetooth and GPS enabled. If you do, switch them off to minimize juice waste. Finally, I recommend you install an App called Juice Defender. These tweaks should give you more longevity.

Worst comes to worst, you have a bad battery. But I kind of doubt it.
J. L. answered on July 6, 2012

A
votes
Mine is more or less the same. If you reduce screen brightness as well, enable power saving feature,
you get a lot out of it.

Can you guys check ram manager see if it lists 687mb? Thought it was 1GB ram tablet.
kaori answered on May 18, 2012

A
votes
From day one I get 7 hours heavy usage but the one thing with all these tablets is not to allow it to go into the red because it 'll take longer to charge I use it in the day and it charges relatively quicker than some other tablets . I have no problems with battery on this device, I did on Google nexus 7 , this is much better.
Amazon Customer answered on December 5, 2012

A
vote
I guess youre right Steve. I may have to return my Tab 2 over the weekend but Im not sure if Ill be getting an exchange for the same.
RoundhouseDude answered on May 14, 2012

A
votes
My battery ok, do you've external battery for samsung tablet 7 inch
Fernando V. answered on June 21, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›