5.0 out of 5 stars to put it simply, i love it
Published on July 25, 2011 by Christopher Cisneros

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for FPS's
Well I got this controller because my batteries kept dieing while playing MW2 and this controller looked cool.
The feel was OK, looks were nice but there are some major issues. The joystick clicking is a lot harder and the bumpers are a bit awkward, neither of which had a huge impact on my decision to return it.

The main problem I had with this controller...
Published on May 25, 2010 by Jerry T. Mosher II

5.0 out of 5 stars to put it simply, i love it, July 25, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
before placing my order for this controller i did a lot of research. i looked at video reviews and read online reviews about this product; and what it all came down to was the joy sticks. everyone said that it was difficult to aim when playing fps's. i play halo and CoD and i have to say i noticed what they were talking about. the sticks aren't as sensitive as Microsoft's controllers where just a slight push of the stick will move your reticle very slowly. this doesn't bother me. maybe i have to push the stick a little further but as long as you do it slowly there is no problem. i have zero problems sniping with this controller. i am also in LOVE with the active setting. the LEDs flash whenever the controller vibrates, so whenever you shoot or get shot. the lights indeed are bright but are not distracting at all. i give the PDP AfterGlow a solid 9/10

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for FPS's, May 25, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

The main problem I had with this controller is the joystick sensitivity. And not the kind you can fix by changing the sensitivity in your game. The problem is when you try to move just a little to the left when your aiming down the site about to blast some poor guys head off... you move the joystick just a little and your sites don't move at all, WTF. So you move the joystick a little farther and it jumps to the other side of the guys head and now your back where you started but on the opposite side.

If you don't play FPS's. And the games you do play don't require you to move ever so slightly in any direction then this controller just might work. Or if you ever play against your friends on the same console you could let them use this one while you use a controller that works and destroy them. =P

4.0 out of 5 stars Not to Shabby.., February 2, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Afterglow AX.1 Controller for Xbox 360 - Green (Video Game)
First off let me say, I've been reading the reviews for the past two days. Bad and good. I did tons of research for a few days, online reviews to written reviews.
Yesterday, I set off to buy this controller from Gamestop and not Amazon "Because I feel the chance of getting it straight from the seller i.e. Gamestop/Walmart/Best Buy without it shipping and possibly getting a damaged or a broken controller is very low".
So I asked the guy about returns blah blah blah, I get a 30 day return policy via new accessories so just in case. I came home and took it out of the tough packaging "Yes it's tough, It's unstealable" and then plugged it in.

Let me say first that I'm no stranger to the Xbox controller, I've used the Xbox controller a good portion of the 7 years as well as the PlayStation controller. This Afterglow controller is roughly 10-15% smaller than the Original 360 controller. The "Select & Start" buttons are diagonal at the top of the controller above the big X. Second, I wasn't expecting it to be this bright, wow this sucker is bright.

* The Controller

The Controller.. Feels great, awesome resistance from the analogs and the buttons work fine as well as the D-Pad.
I first tried this off in a Emulator, worked fine with 0% issues. All buttons are hard and work excellent. However.. I put on Left 4 Dead 2 for the "Test" everyone has dreaded before they bought this, is the right analog really that horrible?!
To put it right, No. Honestly, it's completely fine. At first I had some trouble with it, it kinda feels like I'm using a One-Dimensional cross-hair, you go up, down, left, right. Feels as though you miss the entire 360 fully rotational analog we usually are use to. However, it seems after some test runs and re-calibrating the controller AND breaking it in, it seems to work alot better than out of the box. Is it great? No not at all, is it something you can use for FPS games? That's hard to answer, after using it for quite awhile the rotation got alot better. It could be fact you need to break in the rotation.

I bought this as a Pc Joystick replacement as my previous Joystick is about to bite the dust. I wanted something sleek, like a game console Joystick and in-expensive. This was my offer.

* The Good

- LED Lights, perfect for night gaming. "Can easily turn them off too"
- Small, lightweight and a decent cord length.
- Clear coating, easy to detect malfunctions etc.
- Buttons work fantastic.
- Plugs right in and you're ready to play, no software.

* The Ugly

- Right Analog stick could be better out of the box. "100% still playable though"
- LED's are too bright sometimes.
- Little too small for taste.
- X "Guide" button is a knockoff. Maybe for legal reasons (Shrugs)?

* Verdict?..

Well, if you want a Pc Joystick and aren't strapped to the balls with Cash then this might work for you.
7.5/10, the right analogs knocks it off 2 points while being slightly over-small "For me" takes the 0.5. Maybe the analog will get better after some wear & tear. I didn't really buy it for New Generation games anyway. This was really a strictly bought Joystick for Emulators as the New Generation games are a bonus.

* Should YOU get it?

Depends on the person honestly, if you're a core gamer and you just enjoy playing game then this controller is most likely for you. I considered myself a relaxed gamer. If you're a hardcore "Underground" player (FPS) Mainly, then I'd probably skip this one unless the analog wouldn't bother you. For 32.47$ at Gamestop it's better than paying 59.99$ for an official controller. The LED's "Various Colors" to choose from, are really nice for nighttime gaming and the Small architecture "even though complained about" can fit in more places for cover.

It's up to you, a real review from a real gamer who wants to help other people out.

P.s. If you can buy this from a Local Best Buy or Gamestop, buy it from there. Just take assurance out that it should be working and didn't get banged around or mistreated where you bought it online.

******UPDATE******

I still have the controller and it IS still working just fine. However the Directional Pad seems to have messed up or become damaged in some what. Buttons are really loose now or at least 'A and B' are anyway. Both analogs are broken in and still work fine. Both have the Dead Stick thing going on. The right analog is still the same, kinda hard in FPS games but nonetheless still works. It has fallen off high things and has been crushed lightly while slightly being mistreated. Overall this is worth the bucks if you want it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks don't add up to great!!!, June 22, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
The afterglow controller looks cool and has a cheaper price point but you end up paying for it. The buttons are great and the feel is too but the joysticks are terrible. The sensitivity is messed up and does not allow for precision, and no you can't fix it by adjusting your settings on the xbox. Save yourself the anger and spend the extra 10 bucks on an original.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, February 13, 2011
Overall, its a good controller. It works well, and looks pretty cool, especially in the dark. The only big problems I have with it are; the xbox logo is a sticker, pretty lame. the d-pad is still a bit soft, but thats the case on all controllers it seems. The plastic case has a raised seam, and has cut my hands on just the first use, but thats fixable with a little sand-paper. All in all, its a good buy that will save you a lot of money on batteries, and last a good while.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more running out of batteries!, January 11, 2011
I purchased this for my son and he loves it! The glowing feature is very cool and has different option such as "on" where it is always glowing, "active" where it will only glow when the rumble (vibration) motors activate and of course off, which will turn off the glow feature. The best part is my son no longer runs out of his room freaking out that he needs new batteries and that if he doesn't hurry some body is gonna kill him in his game! lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Blinding., August 13, 2013
Bought for PC us. No problems with sensitivity at all like some say. The vibrate feature can blind you in the dark. Feels very sturdy and strong.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for most games, July 4, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
i play MW 2 alot and my batteries for wireless controllers always ran out. so i got this one. it looked pretty cool at first but when i play certain games like silent hill or condemned it will sometimes just randomly shut off and i have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. it is rather annoying when it happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't break!, July 14, 2013
I have owned this for a very very long time and it has outlasted all my other Xbox controllers. Now I know why it is rated so high!

5.0 out of 5 stars Aftergrow controller BLUE, December 30, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This thing is great! I love the triggers so much more then the original xbox controllers! And its alot brighter then I thought it would be...I would deff recommend this product to friends and family

Afterglow AX.1 Controller for Xbox 360 - Green