Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Afterglow AX.1 Controller for Xbox 360 - Green
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 2, 2013
First off let me say, I've been reading the reviews for the past two days. Bad and good. I did tons of research for a few days, online reviews to written reviews.
Yesterday, I set off to buy this controller from Gamestop and not Amazon "Because I feel the chance of getting it straight from the seller i.e. Gamestop/Walmart/Best Buy without it shipping and possibly getting a damaged or a broken controller is very low".
So I asked the guy about returns blah blah blah, I get a 30 day return policy via new accessories so just in case. I came home and took it out of the tough packaging "Yes it's tough, It's unstealable" and then plugged it in.

Let me say first that I'm no stranger to the Xbox controller, I've used the Xbox controller a good portion of the 7 years as well as the PlayStation controller. This Afterglow controller is roughly 10-15% smaller than the Original 360 controller. The "Select & Start" buttons are diagonal at the top of the controller above the big X. Second, I wasn't expecting it to be this bright, wow this sucker is bright.

* The Controller

The Controller.. Feels great, awesome resistance from the analogs and the buttons work fine as well as the D-Pad.
I first tried this off in a Emulator, worked fine with 0% issues. All buttons are hard and work excellent. However.. I put on Left 4 Dead 2 for the "Test" everyone has dreaded before they bought this, is the right analog really that horrible?!
To put it right, No. Honestly, it's completely fine. At first I had some trouble with it, it kinda feels like I'm using a One-Dimensional cross-hair, you go up, down, left, right. Feels as though you miss the entire 360 fully rotational analog we usually are use to. However, it seems after some test runs and re-calibrating the controller AND breaking it in, it seems to work alot better than out of the box. Is it great? No not at all, is it something you can use for FPS games? That's hard to answer, after using it for quite awhile the rotation got alot better. It could be fact you need to break in the rotation.

I bought this as a Pc Joystick replacement as my previous Joystick is about to bite the dust. I wanted something sleek, like a game console Joystick and in-expensive. This was my offer.

* The Good

- LED Lights, perfect for night gaming. "Can easily turn them off too"
- Small, lightweight and a decent cord length.
- Clear coating, easy to detect malfunctions etc.
- Buttons work fantastic.
- Plugs right in and you're ready to play, no software.

* The Ugly

- Right Analog stick could be better out of the box. "100% still playable though"
- LED's are too bright sometimes.
- Little too small for taste.
- X "Guide" button is a knockoff. Maybe for legal reasons (Shrugs)?

* Verdict?..

Well, if you want a Pc Joystick and aren't strapped to the balls with Cash then this might work for you.
7.5/10, the right analogs knocks it off 2 points while being slightly over-small "For me" takes the 0.5. Maybe the analog will get better after some wear & tear. I didn't really buy it for New Generation games anyway. This was really a strictly bought Joystick for Emulators as the New Generation games are a bonus.

* Should YOU get it?

Depends on the person honestly, if you're a core gamer and you just enjoy playing game then this controller is most likely for you. I considered myself a relaxed gamer. If you're a hardcore "Underground" player (FPS) Mainly, then I'd probably skip this one unless the analog wouldn't bother you. For 32.47$ at Gamestop it's better than paying 59.99$ for an official controller. The LED's "Various Colors" to choose from, are really nice for nighttime gaming and the Small architecture "even though complained about" can fit in more places for cover.

It's up to you, a real review from a real gamer who wants to help other people out.

P.s. If you can buy this from a Local Best Buy or Gamestop, buy it from there. Just take assurance out that it should be working and didn't get banged around or mistreated where you bought it online.

******UPDATE******

I still have the controller and it IS still working just fine. However the Directional Pad seems to have messed up or become damaged in some what. Buttons are really loose now or at least 'A and B' are anyway. Both analogs are broken in and still work fine. Both have the Dead Stick thing going on. The right analog is still the same, kinda hard in FPS games but nonetheless still works. It has fallen off high things and has been crushed lightly while slightly being mistreated. Overall this is worth the bucks if you want it.
on June 22, 2010
The afterglow controller looks cool and has a cheaper price point but you end up paying for it. The buttons are great and the feel is too but the joysticks are terrible. The sensitivity is messed up and does not allow for precision, and no you can't fix it by adjusting your settings on the xbox. Save yourself the anger and spend the extra 10 bucks on an original.
on August 13, 2013
Bought for PC us. No problems with sensitivity at all like some say. The vibrate feature can blind you in the dark. Feels very sturdy and strong.
on November 19, 2012
Now don't get me wrong, I really appreciate this product. I like the design and LEDs and it is identical in shape and function to the well deigned normal XBOX360 controller. Now it is cheaper than said controller even though it has all the added LEDs, this is because it is not made as well. If you're looking for a cool, cheap, xbox controller that you just need to be a little more gentle with, this is the controller for you. If you're looking for a cool gift for a child, this is not the gift for you (I had no problems with the controller for about 8 months but in two days of letting a child use it, one of the buttons was broken).

shortened version:
Pros: Cheap, works fine, lights up, didn't experience any of the sensitivity problems others complain about

Cons: Can't handle as much abuse as a regular 360 controller
on April 9, 2014
The controller worked great for awhile…it was my go-to controller for all my gaming. I have never been rough on any of my electronics. This controller started randomly disconnecting from the Xbox. It didn't seem to be an issue with a break in the wire, it didn't matter if I had the lights disabled, actually there was no consistency. I assume something when wrong on the circuit board. Anyway, I was forced to put it away as it was unusable.

It possibly could have just been a lemon as I got my wife the pink one and we have had no issues. She definitely has not played anywhere nearly as much as me, but if this is an issue of inconsistency then that is the problem that should be addressed.
on April 8, 2013
We got this as a special thing since we were putting an old xbox in my son's room and loves it! It glows really bright (the first night we caught him using it as a night light) and it is a nice green- I really thought it was going to be more green tinted but yes! green! It's a steal of a deal compared to the other xbox controllers we have gotten, I know it was way nicer than I had thought. Nice weight, feels really study compared to the game stop ones.
on October 27, 2014
Affordable and stands up to regular usage, but beware of letting any friends with a fiendish grip from using it. The rubber cap on the joystick isn't super robust and may begin peeling.

However the main thing about this is how awesome it looks when playing, and it does that flawlessly.
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2013
I purchased for my son who unfortunately doesn't work and therefore has no understanding of the value of money.

He had located a similar unit which was triple the cost and was disappointed that I purchased this one.

After he put it to use he has been very happy.
on February 13, 2013
I bough several of these in different colors over the years. What can I say, I am a sucker for shiny things.

It seems they have been updated with this last one I bought (though amazon). Previous afterglow controllers I bought (at gamestop over a year ago) were incompatible with headsets what required you to plug a cord onto the controller. For some reason the plug-in on the bottom of the controller was not the X-box standard shape. But with this last one my back up head set now plugs in perfectly.

So if anyone has been disappointed by this in the past, know that at least if you get a newer model controller, plugs will now fit in the bottom of it!
on January 2, 2013
If you want to game in style for both PC and Xbox360 games, and wanna look like a badass when you do it, then these kinds of controllers are what will fill the bill, they're light, but that is also because they're corded, but with a cord long enough, most people can game from across the room without worry of some one tripping over the cords. I personally selected the Green back-lit controller, because it has a toxic feel to it, which fits my play style, my only thing I don't like about this and it's something so little it doesn't even deserve a star removal, Some of my Games for windows games on my PC had a bit of difficulty picking this controller up, I don't know why, but after a little restarting and resetting controls it works like a charm. I am very happy with my purchase. The shipping was quick and right on the spot, package only had one little ding on the side, but hey it became recycled when I opened it. So what? I love it, and will recommend this to all of my Gamer pals