5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly great quality at a reasonable price.
While I neither own, nor play, any of the modern game systems that this device is targeted for, I do have quite a lot of experience with headphones and with consumer electronics. I looked at the sonic qualities of them in use as a traditional headset and I did not evaluate the microphone at all. If you are looking for a review from a gameplayer, this is not it, but if the...
Published on October 9, 2012 by Gregory Madore

2.0 out of 5 stars Discomfort and buggy controls taint this headset's versatility and great sound quality
After over five months of using the Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset, it's time to find something else.

I purchased these after the battery in my Logitech Wireless Headset H600 Over-The-Head Design (981-000341) stopped holding a charge. The initial reviews, feature set, and reasonable price of this set made it appear to be a fine choice. It's also a...
Published 17 months ago by John W. Trainer IV

‹ Previous | 14 5 649 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars sound really good but not manufacture, May 19, 2013
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
the sound is great I could even say very close to bose, but sadly it did not last to long. Before six weeks one the sides stop funtioning just like the crapy brands that on of the sides stop working and you just dont hear it anymore and is not because the volume was all the way up cause it was not .Hope you have one better

2.0 out of 5 stars sent this back- wouldn't work, May 18, 2013
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
This was a huge disappointment to my 17 yr old son, for whom I bought this. There was static on the line, chat volume very difficult to adjust. We downloaded new drivers and tried every tech trick I know to get these to work. In the end we decided to send them back. We had been hopeful for a set of headphones that would work on multiple platforms. That seems to be extremely rare-- I do not have a good alternative pair to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first headset and they are awesome!, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
These are a really great sounding headset. And look cool too. Can use the with iPhone/pad anything with a headphone jack. U can use them to watch tv wireless. The 3D sound is great for shooter games. This headset is well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect wireless headset, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
Let me start by saying I'm a pretty avid FPS miltiplayer gamer and I truly enjoy being completely submersed in the game environment. Never underestimate the importance of sound in your games, it can add so much to your gaming experience. My top priorities for a gaming headset would be clear precision sound reproduction, accurate directional ques, quality microphone, and easily adjustable volume/communication controls. These actually do most very very well, please see my pros/cons. I've owned and still own many game headsets. For the price point these are at, in comparison to other wireless brands, they are exceptional. I'm very excited to see another company enter the somewhat limited market of console headsets. Especially one that has put out such a great quality product, at a very reasonable price.

Pros:
- Amazing accurate sound quality
- Very good 3d surround sound (not as a good as ax pros but very close to px5's)
- Volume adjustment is easy and quick to get too.
- Crystal clear mic with adequate noise cancellation
- Universal, works with everything. Plug and play in win7
- Mute mic button
- Very reasonably priced compared to other high quality headsets
- Super easy setup
- Very good range (blows my TB's away)
- Battery Life is very good possibly longer than stated with all lights shut off.

Cons:
- Inner headband should have a little bit looser tension.
- Would be nice if the headphones could power up in the same state as when powered off. They reset back to default when powered off and on.
- Not to fond of the LED headband. Honestly, this could be pro for some but it is a con for myself. I can stand the lights in the ear cups but really just seems like a power waste to me.
- The volume controls while they do work their a little strange. You have one master Volume wheel and one wheel that balances game volume and chat volume. If you scroll the wheel down it lowers the chat volume and increases game sound, scroll up and chat decreases. I would much rather have one wheel for game volume and another for just chat.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy them, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
Dont understand why all thenegative reviews. Well built, directions easy to comprehend, performance outstanding which very thankful. Got these to match the halo 4 console with the halo vanguard. Bunch of whiny babies out there. Besides young ones call their gaming times - games -- while adults recognize this as our anger manag session.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!, January 27, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
Wow words cannot express my utter disappointment. I had an afterglow X360 controller that I got from GameStop which was okay but I decided to go ahead and try the headset as well. Turtle Beach is really the big name in headsets with Tritton just behind them but these were on sale so I decided to take a risk. Boy was that a bad idea.

First things first these headphones hurt my ears! My head is a little bit bigger than average but its not so big that these should have been so tight and painful

Second after only one month the the cables on the wireless dongle stopped working in spurts and then the next day it just died completely. Wow that sucks, no more Xbox live with this thing.

So I was resigned to making this an overpriced PC headset because I can just plug it in usb. NOPE! That stopped working too. Or it will turn on for a few minutes and then turn itself off again. There must be a major fuse blown in this thing.

So to sum it up these things are totally cheaply made junk. Get yourself a name brand headset from Senheiser, Turtle Beach or Tritton and stay away from flashing shiny stuff that is on sale.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cool concept, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
I was really excited to get this headset in the mail. Got it, and it looks really cool. But then I tried to put it on my head and it just would not set flat on my ears no matter which way I adjusted it or the ear pads. I think that this headset might be great otherwise, but I suppose my head is shaped too oddly for this headset.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ehhh...Great idea and features but lacks QUALITY, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
I spent a lot of time reading reviews before replacing my broken Turtle Beach x31s (which I loved). The Afterglow headset looked cool and was highly recommended. When I finally tracked one down I wasn't able to use it because my TV only has an optical out for audio. PLEASE BEFORE YOU BUY ANY HEADSET CHECK TO SEE THAT YOUR TV HAS AN RCA OR STEREO JACK OUT FOR AUDIO, BECAUSE IF NOT YOU WILL NEED AN ADAPTER FOR ANY HEADSET YOU PURCHASE. Afterglow support is kind enough to provide you an adapter to make the headset work for free, and with free shipping. The adapter will only plug into your Xbox though, rendering it useless for anything you don't watch/play on your console or plug directly into it. Now that I've got that out of the way.......I got the adapter and made it all work yay! Other headset manufacturers WILL NOT provide you with a free adapter meaning you will have to go through the fun task of locating one.

PROS: The sound is most definitely amazing, believe me as I work in live sound. They are very responsive and crisp, but the gain is limited, probably as a design feature so people don't push the drivers too hard. The ability to plug music directly into them versus other headsets where you have to plug it into the transmitter base is a great feature. The mic is retractable, which is almost as good as detachable, but definitely helpful when not needed. They headset looks cool I suppose, and being able to turn the glow feature off is helpful. There are no batteries needed this system plugs into your Xbox when not in use and charges USB, which is hands down the best feature you can get in a headset. Also, the base unit is only the size of a USB thumb drive which is great. They include 3 different audio settings which allow you to change the sound response depending on what you are listening to or playing.

CONS: There only ONE volume control for both chat and game audio...BOO! The plastic glowing frame piece that connects the ear cups is gigantic....meaning if you wear them out of the house you will look psychotic. I really don't believe anyone over the age of 21 is going to appreciate the massiveness of this headset, unless they are going to a rave or still have a black light in their room. There is no separate volume control for external audio (music) while you are playing. And the biggest con is that this headset broke on me within an hour of use and playing with it. What broke was the main volume control. This meant I could not play a game online without the game volume and chat being full blast, which causes an echo for everyone in the lobby (to those of you who do not play games online). These volume rotary knobs feel very cheap and not made to last. I truly feel that too much emphasis was put into the design and look of the product, versus making a quality product built to last. The frame and earcups seem well engineered, but I'm more skeptical of the inner parts used in construction.

Resolution: I took the headset back to Gamestop where they were kind enough to let me exchange for the X32 Turtle Beach headset which I previously owned for two years problem free, until my bulldog got hungry. Check out the X32 or the Tritton Primer if you are looking for something the same price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good construction, just dorky, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've got to say that I'm so glad I'm married. These headphones definitely are in the geek-cool category but as a single guy, it might be hard to date and show these off.

Right out of the box, you've got some very detailed instructions. The headphones are heavy duty and not cheaply made so far as I can tell. The instructions show that to use the headphones, you have to plug the receiver into a USB power source. So consider this choice wisely. If you plan to use the headphones to watch TV, you need to make sure that the receiver has power. That's my only negative point on these is that there's no external power adapter for the receiver.

But as far as installation goes, I basically plugged the USB receiver into the front of my PS3, connected up the cables, registered the headset and I was off to the races.

The blue light... lets talk about that for a second. The headphones have a blue neon light on both the ear pieces and across the top. I found that while I was playing in the dark, the headphones did tend to light up the room. Fortunately, you can dial down the light show by just turning off the lights.

There are three different sound modes and they do work quite well. I've enjoyed the extra bass settings.

Overall, I've been quite happy with these. The fit of the ear pieces work well. They have replaced a Seinheisser pair of headphones that are foam and were squeezing my eyeballs out my face. I've found that I can play Borderlands 2 for hours and not have the excruciating ear pain that I've had in the past. Other than the USB power issue, I can't find a reason not to highly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue (Video Game)
I got this headset for my 13 year old. He loves how comfortable it is and the sound quality, I love the value. He says he likes being able to control the volume and loves that it lights up. He had no problem setting it up on his own, and after using it for a while now the battery is still strong. Overall a great product and we're both happy he has it.

‹ Previous | 14 5 649 | Next ›

Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue
Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Blue by PDP (Mac, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3, Windows Vista / XP, Xbox 360)
Out of stock