5.0 out of 5 stars a very good read
this is the first book in the series that I have read to my 6- year-old. He just loved it and I must confess, so did I. The book isn't too long and the story has a fast pace which holds the child's attention. I like the illustrations too. All in all highly recommended. I've just ordered 5 more
Published on April 16, 2000 by michael germain

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool Book
Do you like the rain forest? If you do then this is the book for you. It is about a brother named Jack and a sister named Annie.They both travel to the rain forest. It is a really good book. Some parts are funny and some aren't. If you love the rain forest and want to know more read this book . Recommended for people who love suprise endings. Does Jack and Annie survive...
Published on April 11, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good read, April 16, 2000
This review is from: Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, No. 6) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting adventure, February 26, 2001
A Kid's Review
I like this book because it is an adventure book. I believe it is a good book for kids that like adventure. The book is about two kids named Jack and Annie. They go on a trip to the amazon rain forest. When they get to the tree house they find a mouse. The mouse helps them through the rain forest. So they find a canoe on the river side and get in it. When they get down the river a monkey starts throwing red fruits at them. After it stops doing that piranhas started to eat the boat. Then after that Jack grabs a snake. So after that they back on the river side. When they get on the side, a army of ants come after them. When they get away from the army of ants they can not find the tree house , so they put the mouse on the ground and it finds the tree house. But the jaguar finds them and starts running after them. Now you need to read the book to see if they find what they are looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Adventurous Story, January 30, 2000
Amy (California) - See all my reviews
I like books by Mary Pope Osborne but I think this is probably one of best books she ever wrote. I think that because it is filled with adventure. My favorite character in this book would be Morgan Le Fay or Annie. I recomend it for people who like adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was very good!, March 1, 1999
By A Customer
The book was exciting and fun to read [I read it over lunch at Tatnuck Booksellers].
Jack and Annie travel to lots of cool places but this was the best because of all of the bugs. Jack and Annie are very lucky to have found the magic tree house.
This is the tenth Magic Tree House book I have read and I can hardly wait to read the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting book about the Amazon, December 3, 2001
Johnathan Bogart (Boise, ID United States) - See all my reviews
This is a teriffic Magic Tree House book about the Amazon. It had a lot of scary parts, such as the army ants and the vampire bats. This also had some really interesting and exemplary information on the Amazon. I definitely think that any Magic Tree House fan shouldn't miss this one. Happy reading!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cruising down the river, April 7, 2007
These tiny Magic Tree House books

Promote imagination

Reading's better for your kids

Than games on a PlayStation

A tree house filled with many books

That's like a time machine

To travel to another place

Just wish, and choose a scene

This book takes on the Amazon

Upon the mighty river

Snakes and ants and crocodiles

May make your backbone shiver

They have to find a special thing

To take back to Frog Creek

A furry friend helps them to find

The object that they seek

Through the eyes of these young kids

The reader soon discovers

Learning can be lots of fun

Just open those book covers!

Amanda Richards, April 7, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic journey, January 25, 1999
By A Customer
If you want some adventure mixed up with a little magic, then read this book!I think readers of all ages will enjoy it even though it is at a reading level for ages 7-9.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was wonderful, delightful and delicious, October 18, 1998
By A Customer
I read this book for summer reading and it was one of my favorites. I love the Magic Tree House series, and I have read every one of them. In this book Morgan Le Fay was turned into a mouse by the wicked Merlin. Jack and Annie had to get four M words to rescue her. In the Amazon they got a mangoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Afternoon in the Amazon, February 22, 2005
A Kid's Review
Afternoon in the Amazon was written by Mary Pope Osborne. This fiction book contains 63 pages and is the sixth book in the Magic Tree House series. The illustrator is Sal Murdocca.

In this book there is a boy and a girl named Jack and Annie. They find a magic tree house. In the magic tree house, there are tons of books. They open one book that is called Afternoon in the Amazon. They wish they are in the book, and then they are at the Amazon. They go though some dangerous events throughout the story.

This author wrote fluidly and made this story easy to follow. I think this story would be interesting for young readers who like adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was an exciting adventure story., May 25, 1999
By A Customer
I liked when they went into the tree house and spun around and all of a sudden were in the rain forest. My favorite character was the monkey. I didn't like how the author always described how the characters talked. I would recommend this book. It was fun to read. Logan (age 8)

Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, No. 6)
Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, No. 6) by Mary Pope Osborne (Paperback - August 29, 1995)
$4.99 $4.49