5.0 out of 5 stars Tired of Sex, Gore and vulgar language try this
If you enjoy late Victorian novelists and mystery stories this series is for you. Keeps your interest all through the book.
Published 22 months ago by David Dunagan

3.0 out of 5 stars Afternoon Tea Mysteries Vols 1 to 3
Published on October 23, 2012 by D. W. Webber

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tired of Sex, Gore and vulgar language try this, February 17, 2013
David Dunagan "Davo" (Illinois Valley, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Afternoon Tea Mysteries, Volume Three: A Collection of Cozy Mysteries (Afternoon Tea Mysteries Collection Book 3) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars afternoon tea mysteries, vol.3, September 28, 2012
This series is great and I love the fact that I was able to purchase all of them at a reasonable price. there is always suspense in the two sisters trying to figure out "who done it" and how they include all the other characters to help and how they try and stay out of trouble with Mama. I can not wait to finish the series. I hope that there is more to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars Afternoon Tea Mysteries Vols 1 to 3, October 23, 2012
Being in my 75 th. year, I have had considerable experience with the older forms of writing. As long as one remembers the time period when these stories were written, they can be quite interesting as stories and as a window into the social mores of that time. Anyone who has read any of the Agatha Christie novels will see where her attitudes came from. The upper class were 'Gentle men and Ladies'. Servants seldom had any brains and 'Foreigners', other than Poirot, were not to be trusted. I waded through almost all of the stories and enjoyed some, was neutral on others and couldn't wait to get to the end of the rest. A very mixed bag and, thus only three stars.

D.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough Read, November 6, 2012
I am having difficulty finishing this book, and I NEVER quit mid-book. The issue for me is the somewhat stilted language and too much mindless detail. I was excited to find another "tea" book because I have enjoyed others in this cozy mystery genre. This would be perfect since it was a collection of short stories, and I have a problem putting a book down once I start it. Unfortunately, it is not a favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first two!, October 2, 2013
I really enjoyed it more than the others. Unexpected treats by G.K. Chesterton and Wilkie Collins jazz up the mixture a little.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect read to enjoy on the patio with a glass ..., July 17, 2014
Patricia K. Arndt (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Light, entertaining, "fluffy" stories, perfect read to enjoy on the patio with a glass of iced tea after an afternoon of gardening. I would not categorize these as true mysteries, but they do get your mind working to find out "who done it." Anne Katharine Green's "One of My Sons" was, as usual, wordy but kept the identify of the culprit undecided until the very end. G.K. Chesterton's "The Trees of Pride," also had an ending that was not easily arrived at. The only disappointing selection was that of Wilkie Collins; it was boring, tedious, the plot, and some characters, unbelievable. The only thing mysterious about "Poor Miss Finch" is why I continued reading after the first few chapters. Thus, I could not give the collection five stars. The other four stories, however, are well worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Afternoon Tea Mysteries, Vol 3, June 27, 2014
If you like the really old mysteries, these books are for you. They are filled with oddities and very accurate descriptions. I like the three volumes of the Afternoon Tea Mysteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Afternoon Tea Mysteries Vol. 3, May 28, 2014
Afternoon Tea Mysteries are easy reading, interesting and clean.
Sex and foul language are not necessary to get a point across.
I will recomment these to all.

Keep writing Ms Green.

Maggie

4.0 out of 5 stars poor miss finch, May 24, 2014
Good story.I thought it could have been been more informative as to the dynamics of the family and how the children accepted their "Blue faced farther" and their blind mother. Left the story unfinished.. I have not read any other selections. I like stories to be 300-350 pages long.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't expect so many British terms., April 18, 2014
K. Cunningham (Spicewood, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I've only read about half of the book so far. First couple of mysteries were pretty good but at times I had difficulty knowing just what they meant since there were a lot of British terms that I didn't know what they were talking about. One story was so bad that I skipped it. Another story was really really long but I stuck with it as curiosity made me wonder how it would end. I don't think that I will finish reading the book as there are more exciting and easier to read books. If you "get" the British language then you'd enjoy it more than I did.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›