Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Size: 0.31-ounceChange

on May 7, 2011
There really should be an ingredient listing for this on Amazon. I received this bottle thinking that it would be mostly Argan Oil but it turns out it's surprisingly low on the list.

Ingredients: Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance.

First off, it does seem to make my hair silkier. But I wonder if it's simply because of all the silicones (all those ingredients listed before the argan oil are silicones) coating my hair and making it slippery. I kind of wonder if there is enough argan oil in there to do my hair any real good.

Also, I don't know why all the reviews rave about the smell of the product. I kind of hate it. It's a little musky and strange. It makes me sneeze actually.

All in all, it does what it says it's going to do: make your hair shiny and soft. But I have a feeling that it's because your hair is basically getting its surface coated and it really isn't nourishing inside your hair or anything like that. But that's what I want from an argan oil based product, nourished hair, so I won't be repurchasing this once I use up my bottle.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2010
This product smells heavenly and works great. I have fine hair, and it did not weigh my hair down. I was also worried it might make it look oily...but it only gave it shine and smoothness.

I would recommend this product if you have damaged or frizzy hair or just want extra shine, and smoothness.

The Con: Since I have to purchase 1x month ...I wish it was a little less expensive. I also buy the regular oil too. ($38.00) to put on wet hair before drying. So buying both products can eventually get expensive. But in the long run my hair looks 100x better.

DO NOT BUY OTHER NAME BRANDS!! They dont work near as well as this product.
on May 15, 2012
After reading a couple of other reviews, I thought I'd give a couple of things that I do that make me really love this product.

1. You will not notice results after one use. Your hair will be silky and tangle-free the first time, but you won't see the healing. Use it a couple of times a week for several weeks before giving up on it.
2. I wash my hair and then squeeze out the extra water. I apply the masque and then get out of the shower. I let this stuff sit in my hair for a while (up to an hour) while I putter around the bathroom (cleaning the tub, wiping counters, shaving legs, etc.) Sometimes I even wrap my hair in Saran Wrap while I let it sit. This really does seem to make this work even better.
3. This masque has a strange, gelatinous texture. To work it through the hair, first get a scoop of it in your fingers. Rub it well in the palms of your hands to warm it up and make it more pliable. Then rub it into your hair. I use a big comb to work it all the way through my hair. I put a little extra onto the ends.
4. After letting it sit on your hair for a while, rinse it out and finish with a cold rinse. I haven't noticed any trouble rinsing it out - it just slips off the hair and leaves your hair very silky.
5. Follow up with the Agadir spray product after you towel-dry your hair.

I have been highlighting my brunette hair for over a decade and it was beginning to look very damaged and "bleached". This masque and the spray have made it look much healthier. It doesn't weigh down my hair or make it look greasy like other similar products I've used in the past. My hair is now very soft to the touch and looks less frizzy. I'm very happy with it and will continue purchasing the product.

The only thing I would change about this is the odor. It smells a bit like suntan lotion with a faint coconut odor and perfume. I'm not a fan of the coconut smell no matter how faint it may be. The good thing is that the smell goes away after I blow-dry and flat-iron my hair.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2009
My hairstylist used this on my hair, and now I'm addicted. I had bleached my hair blonde for eight years, and recently went back to a dark chestnut brown. Needless to say, I had destroyed the condition of my hair. However, Agadir oil has brought it back to looking amazing. It leaves my hair with a weightless shine, has a wonderful scent, and after using it for the last month, I can feel a definite difference in my hair. It lessens the time it takes for it to dry, and if I spritz a bit on my hair and then pull it up, when it dries and I let it down, it is full and shiny and healthy looking (and feeling!). This is the miracle product I have waited years to find!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2010
This is an excellent product for all hair types. I like it even better than the Moroccan Oil brand because the smell is lighter (a little sweeter and less musky) and the spray bottle makes it easier to apply. Because it is a spray application, the formula itself is lighter than what you would find in the original bottled form. I prefer this because it doesn't make my hair feel greasy or weigh it down in uneven sections (like Moroccan Oil did).

The spray is also great for using with a flat iron. Unlike other glossers or moisturizers (like Biosilk, for instance) Agadir Argan Oil is not a silicone and won't just cling on to the surface of the hair strand. Spritz it onto each section before you straighten (or curl) and your hair will absorb the oil, protecting it from being fried by heat tools. This spray is well worth the money for me. Give it a try!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2011
I'm the worst. I buy hair products like it's my job; I truly do. I have drawers full of gels, volumizers, shampoos, shine sprays...etc. I'm always looking for the Next Best Thing. Typically I am disappointed and end up giving it all away.
This stuff, however, I will guard with my LIFE. If my house were on fire, I would grab it on the way out--ok maybe not, but it is pretty amazing.
First no alcohol--major bonus. Second--no disgusting greasy hair--awesome. Third--after a week, my hair has never looked or felt healthier in 36 years. Ever.
I have color-treated hair that was falling out from flat ironing, too much product, etc. In one week, my hair became silky and fresh again. The damage. Is. Gone. It's nuts. I'm obsessed with this stuff.
I spray it on my hair before I dry it and then again after it's styled. (FYI-It smells amazing.)
If you are desperate to get rid of that 1980's dry over-processed look--give it a shot.
You will love.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2012
Per The product can be used on any hair type. It's free of alcohol and enriched with Vitamin E, antioxidants, and 80% unsaturated fatty acids. Since consumers tend either to see lists of chemicals and scream, "Cancer!" or revert to helplessness and consent to bathing their tresses in embalming fluid, I'm going to break down the ingredient list for the sake of informed decision-making, including brief description and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) rating of each chemical.

Cyclopentasiloxane (a liquid silicone; MSDS Health Rating = 1), dimethicone (a silicone polymer; MSDS Health Rating = 0, cyclomethicone (a liquid that adds a silky, powdery feed to cosmetic products; MSDS: no known hazards) , argania spinosa kernel oil (argan oil; MSDS: non-toxic/pharmaceutical and food-grade item), caprylyl methicone (liquid silicone that reduces "tacky" feeling of oils; MSDS: not determined but determined that product contains no suspected or known carcinogens), phenyl trimethicone (conditioning agent; classified as not expected to be toxic or harmful by Environment Canada Domestic Substance List), fragrance

Is it safe?
Yes. All chemicals have been tested on humans and are classified as posing no threat beyond minor skin or eye irritation. Agadir Argan Oil Treatment is as safe if not safer than the chemicals in the air you breathe or the sudsy stuff you use to wash your baby. Furthermore, none of the chemical ingredients are known to produce toxic byproducts when heated (by hair dryers, straightening irons, etc.), which is not the case with keratin conditioning/straightening treatments, even those that claim to be organic.
on November 25, 2011
I've been using this product for two weeks now for my bleached hair. Due to the nature of my job, my hair was exposed to some harsh chemical fumes and started breaking badly. After my stylist and I tried about everything, I decided to try the masque to my Agadir Oil I loved so much. I noticed that the hair breakage seemed to start slowing down. By the second week, I went from gobs of hair breaking off to no hair in my comb! This was the results we had tried so many products over the past month and a half to achieve. This product is saving my hair. It's kind of thick and gooey feeling but if you can get over that definitely use it. My hair seemed to soak it up the first use.
on May 1, 2011
I am very happy with Agadir Moisture Masque that has transformed my aging hair from fly-away into manageable, silky and shiny hair.
on April 15, 2012
This product hardly contains any argan oil. Main checmical is Siloxane (such as cyclotetrasiloxane).
I wouldn't have bought this if ingridiants were listed.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse