4.0 out of 5 stars This is compatible with the US PS3 but...
Published on June 9, 2010 by Michael C. Rupp

3.0 out of 5 stars UK port works on my US ps3
So first off the UK version works on my US ps3, and if you are wondering nintendo ds and psp also can play UK and Japanese games, just in case you wanted the fourth agarest that came out in japan for the psp.

Published 20 months ago by Bradley P. Haller

4.0 out of 5 stars This is compatible with the US PS3 but..., June 9, 2010
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
This game is compatible with the US PS3. If you are having a problem, the problem is either with the TV you are using or the cables you are connecting your PS3 to your TV with. Since this is an European version, it will not display on an old SDTV with the standard AV cables that come with the US PS3 system. I have not tried component AV cables, but I doubt that would work since it outputs at standard NTSC as well. It does work with HDMI cables linked to a HDTV. If you do not have a HDTV, get the download version off the Playstation store.

Update: Another difference I have found is with the download-able content available from the Playstation store. The extra content including item packs and extra dungeons will only work the the download version of the game from the Playstation store. It is not compatible with the physical European copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gameplay, Artwork, and Value, August 11, 2011
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
It was the best investment I have ever put in a game. I was able to get over 200 hours of gameplay in this game just to beat it the first time. And the game has a very interesting New game+ that keeps it interesting to repeat in order to get all of the trophies. I have already bought Agarest Zero and Can't wait til Agarest Senki 2 comes out in English (IF it comes out...). Wonderful Game!

Note: You need an HDTV with an HDMI Cable connected to the PS3 for this game to work. This disc IS compatible with the U.S. PS3 Consoles.

4.0 out of 5 stars For those who hate downloads, October 10, 2010
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
this version of Record of Agarest War is for you. For a mere $5 more than what a PSN download would have cost, I got this physical European copy of the game. The game has English subtitles, so PS3 gamers who hate to read might want to pass this one by. The game comes with a black-and-white game booklet in English. It works awesome on my 1.5-year-old fat PS3 and Samsung digital TV using an HDMI cable. I've only invested a couple of hours into the gameplay and am having a bit of difficulty getting used to how the combat system works, hence I've removed a star. For anyone seeking out an RPG strategy game, this should satisfy until the next one comes along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, May 8, 2010
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
Works with the US PS3 and has english subtitles. Like the other reviewer, I rather buy physical copies of games and not have to download the game off the PSN. If you don't own an Xbox, get the ps3 version!

3.0 out of 5 stars UK port works on my US ps3, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)

So as for Agarest goes I like this game when I wanted to love it. The idea of having multigenerations and picked what of the 3 anime girls you want to marry and have a kid with, and who you pick and how much they like you changes there stats and what weapon they will use. Just as an example if the girl you marry has the love rating for you on ever generation at the 5th generation there is a possible 74 stat and weapon combos you could end up with depending on who you married and remember that is also saying the girls have the love rating if they don't love you that changes stats so the 5th generation there is really close to 500 possible kids with different moves and skills.

The game play is kind of slow I do agree but I say play it on easy the first time though and the game will feel 100x less of a grind, I started on normal and moved to easy and now I am a lot more satisfied with the game though it still feel slow when it only gives you new senses every 2-5 fights. Also I find it best to go to agarest wiki and follow the true end guild or you could miss some senses you don't want to. When I was on normal and just played with out the guide I missed like 6-7 senses and when you feel there are not that many as is you don't want to miss them. So first play, play on easy and follow the guide you still get to choice what girl you want to be with that is not forced but this way it ensures you get all the senses and it feels like less of a grind. After that you can do new game plus and then make the choices you want in the game and see how many senses you would have missed.

So all in all this game is fun with so much potential but falls short, and with a 100+ hour game if it held up to its potential it would be legendary I still find this game fun though because I like games that make it so you don't feel you are having the same play though as everyone else even following the true end guide I get to choice who I have in my party and who I marry and that changes everything in a game like this.

Oh and one more quick thing. When you make a new weapon and equip it the weapon in your characters hand changes. This may not sound like a lot but to me that little thing makes games for me. So to rap it up if you like JRPGs this game is another one with a lot to offer that falls short but if you can look past its short comings it is a good game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased it and game was never delivered, June 21, 2014
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
I purchased this game through this website in April. I live in Puerto Rico and have had international orders from the UK without problems before. However after a month of waiting for the game, I contacted the seller to inform them that it never arrived. The seller claimed to have sent a replacement order which I waited for yet another month and it also never arrived. After a third communication, I lost all hope of ever receiving my order.

The seller claimed that it could not justify acquiring tracking information for a game of this cost so there was no way for me to make any claims at the US Post Office for either of the packages. In short, I did not receive anything.

I got a refund through Amazon but sadly this is the only store that apparently sells this product, so I likely will never get it. I don't like online downloads, which is why I purchased it from the UK, seeing as it is compatible with US PS3s.

It is for this reason alone that I am giving this a low marking. I have Agarest War Zero and Agarest War 2 and believe that this original is just as terrific a game as those follow ups.

5.0 out of 5 stars wish i knew i needed a hdmi cable for it to work on my ps3 but otherwise no complaints, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
Not much else to say, the game is only as hard as you want it to be. A good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars DLC incompatible, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
As their description says, this european disc *will* play on the american console. What their description fails to mention is that you can *not* use any of the american DLC packs.

4.0 out of 5 stars dont listen to the review below, April 21, 2010
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
I ordered this unit, works great on my 20gig ps3 (fat). ps3 is region free, i dont know what this guys issue is, only thing that kind of bugged me was no trophy support. but i refuse to buy dl games so this was a great alternative. first import for me. i just wish i understood japanese so i didnt have to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i wanted, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Agarest: Generations of War (Video Game)
my friend had this game on psn, and i came over his house to try it out, after about 4 hours of playing it, i pretty much got hooked up to it, but im very paranoid about having physical copies of anything that i buy, so after looking long and hard i found it, it is the same exact game on psn. The only downfall is the DLC on psn does not work and i dont get trophies, but in my opinion, i think having a physical copy is much more worth it

Agarest: Generations of War
Agarest: Generations of War by Ghostlight (PlayStation 3)
$30.14