Agasio A502W Wireless IP Camera with IR-Cut Off Filter 3.6mm lens 90Degree Viewing Angle, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- IR-Cut Filter for True Color Images (not washed out) - Wi-Fi compliant with wireless standards IEEE 802.11b/g - 640x480 Resolution;
- 0.3 Megapixel - Two-way audio communication with built in speaker and mic (Superior Audio to Foscam & EasyN)
- Features an Auto-Iris function which automatically adjusts the lens depending on lighting conditions;
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Item Dimensions||7 x 4.75 x 7.63 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Shipping Weight||1.35 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
Agasio is owned by the same parent as Foscam and, as far as I can tell, there's a lot of common technology between the two product lines.
- at least initially, the pan/tilt mechanism is whisper quiet, and seems reliable and responsive
- good video quality
- the wireless setup was a little vexing, but no more so than any other wireless IP camera I've set up, and better than some
- apparently, significant functions like, say, "Record," are only available in IE with the ActiveX plugin, not in Firefox or Chrome. This is a pretty significant feature gap.
- on Windows 7, I'm unable to set the video record path (where the streaming video is stored on my PC) to point to a non-public directory.
- in Firefox, the browser interface is extremely buggy, bringing up menus mismatched, usually not bringing up the "Browse" dialogs at all, and generally not working well.
- even though the web UI and Agasio's site both claim the camera video stream works with VLC plugins, it does not appear to recognize those plugins after I installed them.
- for each of these issues, I visited their website, which is incomplete (lots of pages like "Download firmware" and "FAQ" are marked as "coming soon") and lacking in any real support information.
- you cannot find a firmware update for this camera anywhere. Apparently Agasio's standard nonhelpful answer is, "every camera ships with the latest version of the firmware." Great... how long ago did my particular camera ship to the dealer? Any chance the firmware's been improved since then?Read more ›
I am using the Agasio 502W with the Synology Disk Station NAS that also has a surveillance software builtin. The Agasio 502W corresponds to the Foscam 8918W and the Agasio 612W with Foscam 8905W for the purposes of the configuration. Also this is an MJPEG camera and not a H264 - so audio is only possible through dedicated apps not through surveillance software like the Synology. Foscam's H264 camera's have audio but from what I hear is difficult to setup and disconnects often.
The Agasio 502W and Agasio 612W both were easy to setup and the web interface, while clunky, worked well enough. You MUST be tech savvy to know Dynamic IP vs Static IP etc. The presets in Agasio 502W are useful - however, they get messed up very easily by a cam viewer and once disturbed, it confuses the surveillance station. I have it setup so that when motion is triggered, it goes trough a preset patrol sequence and records the movie. This has worked well except when the presets are disturbed manually.
Also note that the Agasio 502W has a much wider field of view than Agasio 612W. Also while the Agasio 612W is waterproof, both are meant for freezing temperatures.
I have both Agasio 502W and Agasio 612W setup wirelessly through an Apple Time Machine Airport router to the Synology DS and they have worked well without disconnect. Recordings have also been good and motion detection has worked well.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Calvin connected my camera and it works well did a very good job Camera is wire less camera is very goodPublished 11 months ago by Don
Not as easy to use as I was hoping from the previous review. I didn't put the product to use right after purchasing it and then once I did get it hung, the hinge broke and I found... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Monica
Great Camera for the money, at this price point the Camera is a fantastic value. Image quality was good on my unit. Read morePublished 19 months ago by J. Harmon
I have seven of these cameras and only one works without problem.
Of the six others, the I.R. cut filters don't function at all while the infrared doesn't function on one... Read more
I have 9 Agasio PTZ cameras as part of my home security system and for the price they provide adequate video for both day and night coverage. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Dan the Man
CAN WATCH ANY WHERE . USE THIS IF YOUR AWAY FOR WORK OR PLAY.WILL BUY ANOTHER SON AS POSSIBLE. THANKSPublished on January 27, 2014 by WENDELL GRAY
I love this camera and all that it offers for this price! These are dirt cheap cameras that have some really great features. Read morePublished on December 23, 2013 by LIL BIT
Just got help from 'Harry Foster' at tech support setting up a new wireless camera. Excellent job. I'll be sure to remember to reset devices when I can't get them to work the... Read morePublished on December 11, 2013 by Amber Laird
Worked right the first time. Only took a little setup and it was up and running in no time. Followed the instructions and it took me through without a hitch.Published on November 30, 2013 by Richard Terry