5.0 out of 5 stars Not reviewing the gameplay
I'll let you research the gameplay at other sources and opinions you actually trust. I'm reviewing the deliverable here.

Published on July 17, 2011 by Adam W

3.0 out of 5 stars Old AoE Fan
Published on November 12, 2011 by Branden

5.0 out of 5 stars Not reviewing the gameplay, July 17, 2011
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)

Excellent box and quality installation DVDs. Includes manual and multiple discs. Only one disc is needed to play after installation (no switching discs during play). I'm using Windows 7 and have never run into any problems installing or playing it. Excellent bundle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game at a great price!!, September 13, 2010
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
I purchased Age of Empire III, Complete Collection in August, it's a fantastic game with great graphics and many different game senarios to choose from. Amazon's price was far less than any major retail gaming outlet...will always shop Amazon for other products before looking else where. Thanks Amazon!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Its been better, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
Well i really like this game is fun and a lot of the AoE 2 functions were simplified to make the experince smoother and faster, like the formations, they do it automaticall dependig on the type of unit you are using. I think that ater AoE2 this game started dying for the original fans of the original gameplay, its still good, dont get me wrong, but the creators made it in the way more casul people would like it.

3.8/5

3.0 out of 5 stars Old AoE Fan, November 12, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
I've played Age of Empires back when the first one was released. The second with the expansions was my favorite. Microsoft's third edition is nice except it feels like core content is missing. Single player is horrible in my opinion. Looks almost as if were rushed through development. As an old fan I expected a lot more from it than was given. A nice strategy game overall nevertheless.

1.0 out of 5 stars could not get it to work on win 7, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
I love the game, but I could not get it to works on Windows 7. I checked the web for a work around and gave up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game once you get used to all the functions, April 17, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
I had a hard time installing it on my Windows 7 computer for some reasons. However, once it got it installed, it works real well. Oh, and the actual product that I received is actually one DVD and a single sheet for installation direction, not multiple CDs and a manual.

I like that different civilizations have unique units as abilities. This makes game play for each civilizations really distinctive, which is an improvement from AoE II. What I don't like is the complications of different units, buildings and functions... I got really confused at first and the game just wasn't fun for me. But once I get used to it, it became really fun.

So for those who are playing AoEIII for the first time, I personally would recommend playing the campaign mode first in order to get used to all the different game play. Of course, you don't have to finish the campaign (or even start it, for that matter) to play the skirmish mode.

--EDIT--

Once you have completed the installation process, you don't have to insert the DVD into your drive every time you play. This is a wonderful feature because my financee can install the game using the same DVD on his computer as well. With that, we have been playing the multi-player mode together. It's really a lot of fun. Since we use the same internet connection, we connect to the LAN mode in the multi-player. Works like magic. If you have a decent internet speed, you won't have any problem with the multi-player mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars This game Rocks!!!, October 30, 2012
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
I recieved this game for Christmas and it remains the foremost choice of mine for RTS games. This game with all of it's expansion packs surpasses my initial expectations. I thought that the original game rules and these new nations and accessories do not matter. The complete collection offers things that amaze me even months after i bought it and the game itself never gets old. This game might be complicated at first, but it is a lot of fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my son, October 5, 2010
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
I bought this game for my son. He's currently 8, and loves playing Age of Empires III.

The game installed fine, had no problems playing it. The machine specs are moderate, but not "high end" and the game still runs fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic game with extra countries. Plays well on Win8 OS ., April 8, 2014
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
I like vintage games and with the first Age of Empires `98 Microsoft really set the bar for real-time strategy gaming. This is OK if you like older games. It plays very well on the new computers- there was a Windows 7 issue with this game but it plays fine on the Windos 8 OS I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Age of Empires III: Complete Collection (CD-ROM)
Bought it for our son. His birthday was Christmas day. Even though it arrived after his birthday (that was my fault for not ordering it on time) he is enjoying it very much. It was something he really wanted for his birthday. Thank you

Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection by Microsoft (Windows 2000 / 7 / Vista / XP)
$69.55