Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on January 23, 2010
I used to play Age of Mythology all the time. Then with the addition of the Titans expansion a great game became even better! Unfortunately I lost/inadvertently tossed out those game disks long ago. With an ever present desire to play them again i purchased this disk set from amazon. About $25 bucks after shipping for aom plus "Bonus Titans expansion!" was a small price to pay for the hours of fun I knew I would be enjoying later. Once the package arrived i excitedly installed, started the game, scrolled past the campaigns and single maps that i had played to completion many times before,all the way down to multiplayer mode and tried logging into Ensemble Studios Online(ESO).Happily leaning back,about to sink into the world of widgets and hoplites, a window popped up that read "YOUR CD KEY CANNOT CURRENTLY BE VALIDATED" I was crushed! after a little research i was very angry to find that microsoft had sold the rights to aom to other companies and that those companies (i.e. valusoft,...)had been stamping all age of mythology games and titans expansions with THE SAME CD KEY!that way only ONE person that bought these identical sets at a time gets to play online! Ridiculous! Online was the most fun part! now i dont know where along the process that was overlooked but WOW. So unless you absolutely never want to play online, or you want to wrestle with the company that sold you the game for a unique cd key, then >>>>>DO NOT BUY<<< this set
on October 12, 2007
This is my favorite game of all time. It consumes a massive amount of time, and keeps you interested the entire time.

I play it all the time with my wife, we both enjoy it.

And remember, when playing, press "ENTER" and type in "ISIS HEAR MY PLEA" ;)
on February 24, 2010
This game is being published by all sorts of companies now and depending on who published the game you get is how you will be able to get online. The CD key that comes with the game does not work. If you google playing this game online it will tell you how to fix it. The game I recieved was published by "value soft" and on their webpage they list a address you have to mail your booklet too and then they mail you a working CD key. I can't even email for the CD KEY, very high tech huh? Now I have to wait to play the game, who knows how long.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2007
It keeps me playing, both story modes are really cool. You are able to play as the Norse, Greek, Egyeptions, and the Titans. The only down fall is you can't make your own maps. And since it comes with Titans expantion pack it is a good deal.
on September 6, 2007
This game plays fairly well until........you try to use the internet for a multi player game. Then, they keep knocking you off to validate your cd-key. What a ruse. I own the game. I have the cd-key and it still won't let me play. I have heard that Micro$oft issued a number of the same cd-keys so they look like invalid or duplicate keys. Still trying to resolve.
on January 2, 2009
I am very surprised at all the negative reviews for this game. I bought this game several years ago and played it a little. I have recently become more interested in mythology than ever before and have had some spare time to play games so I got it back out. It runs perfectly on my system not to mention I have not had one problem playing it online other than getting my rear end whooped every time. The story lines are fun and as far as a real time strategy game it is up their with the best. I am no expert but I have played Command and Conquer Generals and Warcraft III and this game is just as good if not better than those... and it has a mythological theme with all of the gods, heroes and beasts you could ask for. If you are a mythology fan and a strategy game fan you will like this game
on December 17, 2008
The seller on Amazon is ripping everyone off, and the reviews aren't correct...

This game is amazing. It's by far the best of all of the Ages series. I wish they would make an AOM II.

I am in college... I still play it for hours on end with my buddies on Local Area Network... that's right I'm a super nerd.

I highly recommend this game. Try the jewel case version for $9.99 first. Titans expansion isn't that different, so for $20+ more it's probably not work it.
on November 12, 2014
This game is awesome, I love it. Playing it on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with no problems. I have all the Age Of Empires series but this game is by far my favorite. What I really like about Age of Mythology is that once you install it and the Titans expansion you don't need to put the disc ever again to play it. Also the updates went very fast, like 40 seconds. No problems with the serial number either. I recommend this game.
on May 8, 2012
I have always been a fan of strategy games, especially the ones made by ensemble studios (the makers of age of empires). The campaign is good but the actual single or multiplayer random map is what I like the most. Another thing that I like is how the game has so much information on mythology. You can look at nearly any mythological unit or building and see a paragraph about the lore of that unit or building. It's certainly nice for those who are interested in mythology. The graphics are good and the gameplay has stuck to the age of empires roots with some minor changes that were on the plus side. Another great feature this came carries is that it runs fine on windows 7 64-bit. Age of empires took me a while to figure out how to make it work but this game booted right up after installation. Again, a great game that's intriguing and allows you to learn at the same time.
on February 2, 2010
My 12 year old son discovered Greek Mythology through a set of books written by Rick Riordin. He quickly read through the series and started checking out more mythology books from the library. He absolutely LOVES this game. We have "Age of Mythology" as well as the "Titans Expansion". Although there is quite a bit of battling, you have to build up your cities before you start creating your armies. The flying pegasus and other cool effects are very entertaining to watch.