Age appropriate Is this toy appropriate for a 10-year-old boy? He is in advanced classes, but he is not all that electrically-inclined. I think this looks like it may spark his interest, but I don't want to buy something that is going to bore him.
asked by KNKnight on November 30, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I'd say still good for a 10 yo boy. Most 10yos have no clue about electricity; that's ok. If he likes building legos and can follow a lego diagram he can follow the diagrams in the directions. Might need a parent to sit down with him and show him how cool it is if he's never seen or heard of it.
third time mom answered on December 16, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
KNKnight - did you end up getting it for him? Bc I wanted to get this for my 13 yr old nephew - he does nothing but legos!! and he's getting older now, so his parents should be trying to introduce him to new things - I thought this would be an awesome gift, but I am not sure if the SC 300 would be too simple - I can't afford the 750 right now, so I thought i would get the 300, and if he really likes it, get the upgrade the next time I give him a gift. Would appreciate your input, thanks!!!
Kathleen Carroll answered on February 1, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought the Snap Circuits Junior (100) for my four year old and am thrilled to see that with the accessory sets he will be able to grow with this product for many years to come. It will teach any kid who doesn't know about electricity some very interesting lessons. I'd bite the bullet though and go for the biggest kit I could find for an older child. And let me say, as a parent, I really enjoy playing with this with my son.
Levi's Mom answered on January 20, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes! The bigger kit might be better but this one will be fine too. We bought one last year for our 9 year old and all the kids have enjoyed it and we're buying the upgrade to the bigger kit this year.
Suzanne answered on December 16, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i think so... if you want something a little more interesting, get the 750 piece
REDNERD answered on December 7, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product