Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 19, 2010 7:52:46 AM PDT
K. Maida says:
I have a 9 year old son who desparately wants to play this game - I have held him off for awhile b/c I don't really know the content - other than the obvious violence on shooting people - can anyone tell me about the language or other offensive items in the game?

Posted on Mar 31, 2010 9:54:32 PM PDT
Ian Lucier says:
The "S word" is used a few times in the story mode if I recall correctly. However most of the gameplay is in the online mode, which if he has chat enabled he will probably hear much worse things from other players. But the community being vulgar applies to just about any game with an online component.

Also, keep in mind that the game is rated M, which means it's intended for 17+.

Posted on Apr 22, 2010 11:15:56 AM PDT
Although this is an M game, and the campaign is bound to have some language, don't think your son will become a gunslinging, cursing maninac or anything. Your son is a bit young to be playing M games, but you can always mute people online. I suggest you do what you feel is right. Does your son already play M games? If language is the problem, you will encounter it in the campaign but can avoid it online.

Posted on Apr 22, 2010 4:53:02 PM PDT
i think trying to censor what you kids do is a waste of time as they will be exposed to it sooner or later anyways (through peers). it also gives the kid insight into how the world works and doesn't make him so sheltered. Teach them the difference, yourself, between right and wrong and you won't have to worry about the affects these games have on kids.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year Edition
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year Edition by Activision Inc. (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (304)