5.0 out of 5 stars great motivator
This was a great book to help get our team back on track and getting away from being afraid to lose and getting back to being aggressive and trusting to win. thanks
Published on November 9, 2009 by Lucas Hodgson

2.0 out of 5 stars Great books
Great book on new school volleyball. Good for club and high school ball. I highly recommend for all ages and skills.
Published 8 months ago by Marian Goff

5.0 out of 5 stars great motivator, November 9, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, June 25, 2009
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
In this book, Pete has given coaches and players of all levels a great perspective on the complete game of volleyball. The aggressive/competitive spin he has emphasized hasn't been addressed in other books on the market and makes for a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for coaches, also great for parents and players!, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
I am a true believer that knowledge is power! My daughter's high school volleyball team started the season with a new coach. Not just new to them but new to coaching varsity level volleyball. Early in the season, I could see areas where they needed to grow as players and he as a coach. One day I came across this book on Amazon and knew this was the answer.

I purchased this book as a way to help the coach and it worked! For instance, the section on using time-outs as a strategy, made a huge difference! The team went from giving up eight straight points to breaking a serve after only three points. The players attitudes and demeanor after time-outs changed as well. They went from a defeatist attitude after a time-out to one of jubilation and determination, all due to the teachings in this book.

The tips and strategies found in Agressive Volleyball are thorough in their teaching of not only the mechanics of volleyball but also the mental attitude needed to coach and play the sport. Just about every strategy is followed by graphics to help illustrate the concept presented, couple this with the book's 'Tip from the Top' insertions and you get a great resource for coaches, parents, and players.

Pat

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book for strategy's, March 2, 2011
charles (rhode island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
I purchased this book when I learned that the original book I wanted to purchase was on back order. It was a huge surprise!!! I didn't expect much, but was treated with content that was easy to read and extremely informative. It covers a vast amount of situations that arise in the sport. Great book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drills too, January 16, 2010
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
In addition to the comments by other reviewers, I'd like to note that at the end of each section there are a few drills that tie in to the chapter's theme. Overall I found the quality of the drills to be pretty good and fairly original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, June 9, 2009
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
This is a great book for both beginner and advanced coaches - lots of ideas about how to manage your team, how to motivate them, and how to encourage your players to communicate and motivate themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
I used this book over the past couple of years coaching 2-3 teams all season in rec ball. A lot of the information I worked to transfer over to the girls that had that look in their eye already to be the best they could be. I bought this same book about 3 years ago and gave it to another girl to use this year to assist her in coaching. She came up and asked me how I was so successful at coaching even though I hadn't played volleyball competitively. I told her this book helped me transition my competitive tennis nature to volleyball to help my daughter. I missed the book so much I bought another one. Still coaching during off club season too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, and keep it handy, July 8, 2013
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
This is an excellent book. Even as an experienced coach there was plenty to get me thinking. For an inexperienced coach, or even for a player, there is loads of very useful material.

I should say that the "aggressive" part of the title is more about being proactive and playing with purpose (as opposed being reactive) rather than being about hitting hard or serving for aces. To that end, there is at least as much philosophy as there is technical and tactical discussion in the text. This makes for some dense sections of the book, but ones which give the reader plenty to think about.

After the conceptual introduction, the book is broken into seven sections:

Assessment
Offense
Defense
Out-of-System/Transition Play
Player Competitiveness
Communication
Match Coaching

There are collections of drills at the end of most sections (and some mentioned in the text as well), They are of the "Here's how you can train the stuff I've just been talking about" variety. Where technical discussions are taking place there are also photos to provide visual support, and interspersed through the book are little stories from other coaches speaking to the importance of the particular subject being explored.

I honestly think this book has something for just about everyone. It is a great source of information and advice - maybe even inspiration - and reminds us of all the different facets there are to coaching volleyball successfully. It's easy to forget them sometimes in the heat of a season. I can honestly see myself referring back to it again from time to time.

In short, get your hands on a copy, read it, and keep it handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars volleyball coaching, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
This will inspire anyone who is coaching to help their team be a little more aggressive. There are some good drills and other things in it to help any team.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Aggressive Volleyball (Paperback)
So Good that I have to retrieve it from the Head Coach that I assisted this year at the college level. I HAVE NOT read anything that I have AGREED with MORE! Do Not be timid in the game, be calculating!

Aggressive Volleyball
Aggressive Volleyball by Pete Waite (Paperback - May 20, 2009)
$21.95 $15.66