- File Size: 120 KB
- Print Length: 28 pages
- Publisher: Autodidactic Press (November 1, 2011)
- Publication Date: November 1, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0062OWKCE
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,550,246 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Aging Existentially: Getting the Most Out of the Fall and Winter of Life Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Promoting the idea that education should be thought of not as something you get but as something you take, Hayes' work has been featured in The L.A. Progressive, USA Today, and the UTNE Reader, on National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation and on Alaska Public Radio's Talk of Alaska.
Praised for his remarkable depth of knowledge across numerous disciplines, Hayes affirms through his work that active, continuous learning is what makes life worthwhile. His books encourage the kind of thinking that can transform human relations on a global scale, urging us to continuously examine our values, motivations, and common beliefs. He inspires us to acknowledge our mortality and live authentically as a result, taking deliberate action to leave the world a better place than we found it.
"The temporary nature of our lives may be a reason for unavoidable despair," says Hayes, "but such is the price of intelligence--it doesn't render our lives meaningless. To the contrary, the opportunity to live a life as a human being makes us the most fortunate creatures on the planet. We should be experts at being human and creating a world where humans can thrive."
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Aging
- Books > Self-Help > Death & Grief > Grief & Bereavement
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Aging Parents > Aging