Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Agri-Fab 45-0320 42-Inch Tow Lawn Sweeper
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 1, 2005
While my neighbors are driving their mowers to a dumping place and getting off of their mowers, I'm just mowing along. After I finish I drive back over the parts of the yard where the grass clippings are visible. Their mowing takes 2 to 3 times longer! Our yards look the same. If you have leaves on the ground this thing is a dream come true! I could not recommend this device any higher. It is the best father's day gift that I ever got. No more bagging clippings anymore!
33 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2007
It took me about two hours to assemble this item. The intructions are quite straightforward but it does take time to get it all together. This isn't a half hour project. Every nut and bolt was in the bag of hardware which always makes for a pleasant experience. I hitched it up to my Sears garden tractor and took it for a spin around my one acre lot. It picked up leaves and grass like a dream... much much better than those vacuum pickups. I did my entire acre with room to spare in the bagger.
I merely pulled on the emptying rope and voila! To those people here who complain about quality, I can only say it's a great value for the money. It is well constructed and perfectly suited for the job. For those who complain that it doesn't do a good job, all I can say is that you probably should check your assembly. It's virtually impossible for it not to work properly if you assembled it correctly. And to Amazon, I can say another perfect transaction. I have bought everything from books to flat screen tv from Amazon and have always been totally pleased. If only Sears and HomeDepot could perform the way these guys do. I am a 100% happy customer of this AgriFab lawn sweeper and of Amazon.com.
on November 30, 2012
The wheels have a plastic-toothed gear that drives a metal gear attached to the shaft that turns the brushes. Metal gears meshing with plastic gears reduces the life of this product to months. Since both wheels are gear-linked to the shaft that rotates the brushes any turns causes one wheel to attempt to move faster than the other thereby causing tremendous wear on the plastic wheel gears. Since turning is inevitable, the accelerated wear on the wheel gears is also inevitable. The teeth on the plastic wheel gears are "eaten away" by the metal gear attached to the shaft and in a short time, the wheels will not turn the brush shaft. Purchase this product knowing that you will replace the wheels every few months.
on August 25, 2005
After reading the first two reviews I wasn't sure who was right. I bought the sweeper at Lowes for $200 and it's just fine. There is no aluminum tubing,it's carbon steel painted and/or galvanized. I can't envision getting any rope burns as it is easy to unload. The material for the catcher could have been made from a different material to make it a better unit. All in all I feel that it is a good sweeper for the price and will last for a several years of normal use. The unit comes with nylok nuts which was a plus.
on April 14, 2014
I generally don't write poor reviews, however, based on this product I need to warn others. I received this item to add to my lawn and landscape business. The problem started with the instructions. No instructions printed, just diagrams and poor one's at that. Difficult to identify what and where the nuts and bolts went and no narrative to help. The diagrams attempted 3D diagrams to little help. The box had a couple of key pins and bolts missing, but I was able to go ahead with my own from pieces I had on hand. I could not figure out why the "hopper" kept hitting the wheels when pushed forward. After 4 calls and 3 calls received from tech support it was determined a support bar needed to be slid into a pocket across the bottom of the hopper. This remedy fixed the problem but looking at the instructions it was nowhere to be found. Next, getting the fabric hopper attached to the rest of the sweeper. Clearances' were so tight I needed to ask assistance from a neighbor to get the fabric of the hopper onto the aluminum frame. The next step was unbelievable so I checked and checked and it was found to be a need. The instructions directed that a hole be cut into the fabric on the lower side of each end. The hole was to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inches into the edge of the fabric. A pin with slip went through the hole and was held in place by the cotter pin. The area where the hole was terribly thin and the nearby edge was not re in forced so I am sure it would unravel in no time, that and there was such a tight stress, it was immanent for both sides. After piecing this sweeper together it felt very flimsy but I went with it.

I arrived at the site and performed my de thatching. After approximately 20 minutes of sweeping, the inevitable happened. Not at the sites I earlier predicted, but at the border where the hopper seam held the channel of the aluminum frame began to unravel.
That was it for me. Now I have been at retailer's such as Sears and Ace Hardware and Agri Fab is the predominant brand of this kind of tool. But I say the hopper was made of very cheap material (very similar to a cheap tarp which would disintegrate if left in the sun). The one star I gave this item was for the courtesy of the tech support person "Mike". He was patient, polite and professional. No go for my money. I will pay double for a good quality machine, however I have no lawn sweeper at this time.
on June 7, 2008
I just purhased this new sweeper to replace the Agri-Fab sweeper that I had purchased back in 1999. The 1999 unit was great in a lot of respects. It lasted almost nine seasons. It did a superb job sweeping the lawn. Who knows if it would have lasted longer if I hadn't started to use it as a lawn trailer to haul debris. So, when the old unit finally broke down, I did not hesitate to buy a new Agri-Fab unit to replace it. As one positive, the new unit is far easier to assemble than the old one as promoted on the box. During assembly of the new unit, many significant design changes were seen that simplified assembly. Assembly took about an hour and a half. The old one took about twice that, mainly due to the difficulty of fitting the bag onto the mostly assembled bag frame of that former model. Some of these changes for the new model might be questionable as to how long they might last in the field. An example are the two plastic pins used to hold tubes of the bag frame together. These are a soft plastic that likely will be under shear. How long can they last under the stress of a full hopper? If these pins were to break, short quarter inch bolts with a lock nut ought to hold things together nicely as an easy repair. Perhaps keep some handy. However, I can't comment on the durability, as I don't plan on using this unit again . To what purpose? It does a terrible job sweeping at any setting I've tried. Whereas the old unit picked up grass, twigs, leaves, etc. pretty comprehensively in a single pass, this new unit leaves a significant amount of debris on the ground at any setting. You do a pass, look behind you and it looks like you accomplished nothing. Multiple passes do not work, and who has time for that anyway? Too bad, because I really liked the performance of the old sweeper. Frustrating overall, because I can't find my receipt to return it. The new unit is a disappointment.
on June 24, 2015
The old design was better with the brush height adjustment bar being in the center. Mine lasted 8 years. I bought this new one and it lasted 1 year.
They moved the adjuster to one side of the unit and the other side is held in place by a bar that goes across. The bar broke off at the weld.
review image
on March 12, 2013
Wonderful equip. gave it 4 stars because it lacked a guard to keep leaves and yard debree from flying up on you. My husband is a welder and fabricator and easily fixed this but not all people could. most come with a guard. Maybe it was left out?? But the overall working is great.
on January 12, 2007
I am very pleased with the lawn sweeper I purchased. It makes leaf cleanup so much easier since our home is surrounded by trees. Great price and quick delivery make it a best buy!
on November 22, 2015
This is my third piece of Agri-Fab lawn care equipment. I have a thatcher, an aerator and now this sweeper. All three are great! Before I purchased this I read the negative reviews but took my chances due to experiences with other equipment as mentioned. I'm totally convinced the people that review this negative are experiencing an operator malfunction. As as the other equipment this was relatively easy to assemble. Took about an hour and that was while my 2-1/2 year old "helped"..... Fathers understand what I'm saying. Anyway used for the first time today on my acer lot mostly manicured lawn. This thing is fun to use when enjoyed by comparison to raking or trying to pick up the leaves with your lawn bagging system. Throw in a little moisture and it's a bust! I smile at my big oak trees now, bring it on!