5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Simulation
I recently purchased Agricultural Simulator 2011(AS11). There are many reviews out there that compare it to its competition, Farming Simulator 2011(FS11). I have played both extensively and have all of the patches, DLC/addons that are available. FS11 has a TON of independently-made FREE mods and, as of today, three addons which include ProFarm1, DLC packs 1 & 2. The...
Published on August 9, 2011 by Kurt

3.0 out of 5 stars This is an FYI. READ before you buy!
FYI: You have to have the FULL version, before this EXTENTION will work! (I saw all the bad reviews and realised that a lot of people didn't KNOW that) Hope that helps!
Published 22 months ago by Miriam Gaddis

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon agricultural simulator 2011 downloadable version, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended Edition [Download] (Software Download)
My 7 year old son bought this version amazon with his own money. I completed the transaction and download myself. After installing the game completely, it would not let us do anything. I tried to inquire about what I could be done to fix this. I was sent an email to fill out this survey on my experience. Wow! That really helped my son understand why he spent his money on a game that did not work.

1.0 out of 5 stars STAY AWAY FROM BY ALL MEANS, June 3, 2012
I still can't comprehend how I could possibly be fooled into buying this horrible game. But I did buy it, and I really regret doing so. I really do. This game is terrible, it's not even worthy of existence. There are so many bad things about it. For starters, the camera angle is impossible to work with. Unlike Farming Simulator, which has one of the best camera angles I've ever seen, this one is fixed to one area. So you can hardly see what you're actually doing. The inside view is not much help either. When I first played the game, I noticed this right away. It's annoying!! I spent more time fighting with the camera than actually farming.

The graphics are very nice, however the way they load is bad. As soon as you click "Load Game" they come up. Most games have a loading screen, because no decent graphics engine pops up right away. I have a powerful computer, but still the graphics lag, all because of the fact that they don't load like a normal game. While some graphics are really nice, like the trees, water is hard to look at. But overall the graphics are great. But, a little too demanding of your system's resources. But in many ways, the graphics are the least of the issues with this game.

The bugs are unbearable. Even with the updates, they are not fixed. Sometimes I end up having my equipment flying in the air, unable to come down. I've spent far too much time tangling with the bugs without success.

The AI is horrendous. If you go into the Farming Simulator village, there are cars driving around, and even pedestrians! But when you go to the village in this game, it's a whole different story. Not only is the village itself not so appealing, but it is void of any life, making it boring and useless. And out in the country, there are hardly any cars. You might as well say you're the only person in the game, the only vehicle.

The fuel usage is awful. You will find that you can't even tend half the field without running out of fuel. Trying to get to the gas station is a nightmare, because you can't even drive down the street without using a significant amount of gas. It's really aggravating, and makes no sense. And fuel is not cheap either. In Farming Simulator, the usage is much nicer. And you actually have a gas tank at your farm.

There are just so many other things in this game that don't make any sense or are cheap. I'm not gonna waste my time on something like this. And please, don't waste yours by buying this horrible game. It DOESN'T matter who you are, what you're looking for, or whatever else, don't but this. It doesn't matter what any other reviewers say. It's a terrible game.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, April 5, 2012
Horrible game. worked fine at first for a little while. and now all my vehicles are stuck in multiple places. (have latest update). and is a german company and theres not info on anything unless you know German

1.0 out of 5 stars A bad game, February 19, 2012
The game is far too buggy. The workers are inept and freez a lot. This has caused me to reset the game and loose progress multiple times. The fields are almost always incorrecty rendered (this resembles an off-by-one error).

Worst game I ever bought on steam.

1.0 out of 5 stars Game Does Not Work, February 5, 2012
My son wanted this game badly and we bought it for him. Unfortunately, after teching this game for two days it still doesn't work. I wish I had read the reviews before I puchased and I never would have bought it... lesson learned. My husband and both work in technology and used to work as technicians. Neither of us have had any luck getting this thing going after using all the troubleshooting tips available and many others. DO NOT BUY - WANT MY MONEY BACK!

1.0 out of 5 stars boring, February 14, 2013
did I mention this game is boring? Hours of "play" just to get a field plowed. Oh yeah, and then it must be cultivated before seeding. Dumb. Cultivating is done after plants have started to grow. The idea is to remove weeds from between rows of crop plants. Oh, and hiring a guy to work one of the fields.. takes 3 days to plow 10 hectares. And BTW, the description doesn't mention it's in Europe. So paying for everything is in euros not dollars. And gas is bought in litres no gallons. ETC. And did I mention it's boring?

1.0 out of 5 stars Game does not work at all Says encountered a problem can not load, November 19, 2012
I would like to be refunded. This game will not work at all. I get error messages every time I try to load it. All updates are up to date and everything. Unhappy with this situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good farm sim with lots of details/better physics, November 1, 2011
First off let me mention that I have played every farm sim out there, the simple fact is that farming games are a niche market. Most people find it relatively boring which I can understand takes a certain type of person to keep interested. The companys have limited resources so theirs not going to be activision or ea quality, which some people expect. Agricultural simulator does a good job of being a lot more detailed than the competition aka farming simulator etc. What always drove me nuts about farming simulator was the physics and bland graphics, sure its got mods but majority of them are buggy or don't interact with the game very well.

Agricultural simulator to me feels more realistic graphically and physics are more believable. Weather is implemented real well, along with a help section that pops up with f1. Tracks show up behind the tractor as well as dirt accumulates makes the vehicle interact with the enviroment. It is a headtrip at first starting out might feel a little lost, if you do check out forum section at agrar-simulator.de theirs an english section their or use the in game help menu. From what i read when it was first released it was very buggy but from my experience playing everything works fine. When i first installed the game a large update was applied which i assume fixed what plagued it early on. I had zero problems installing the game and don't see why anyone else would.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, January 23, 2013
good good good good good good good good good good fun fun fun fun to play play play play play and for you kids

1.0 out of 5 stars Whats wrong?, August 23, 2011
I just have a question. I downloaded this game off of amazon and installed it. When I open the file it opens but at the main menu the screen only shows the word but the rest of the screen is like gray fuzzy and its slow. Any suggestions?