5.0 out of 5 stars I'd do it all over again.
The AimPoint PRO offers a lot and that's why I purchased it for my AR. The PRO comes attached to a decent mount, has flip-up lens covers, offers several regular and nightvision brightness options, and has a claimed battery life of 3 years. In the box I received the optic, with flip-up caps and mount already attached, a battery, a battery replacement reminder sticker, an...
Published on July 26, 2012 by Dustin D

2.0 out of 5 stars When I looked thru the sight it looked like the red-dot was stretched up to the right (nort-east ...
I bought this less than a year ago (10 months). When I received it from EuroOptics the battery was installed in the unit in the box, and was almost dead. I went to Radioshack and picked up two new batteries and installed one of them. When I looked thru the sight it looked like the red-dot was stretched up to the right (nort-east if it was a compass). Something was wrong...
Published 1 month ago by Whatever

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great red dot, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
Aimpoint lives up to its reputation again. The aimpoint pro is great. I use it mainly for target shooting/home defense. The battery life is an absolute +. The covers are great and the glass is very clear and the 2 moa red dot is perfect for my needs. I was on the fence between this and the eotech 512- which a friend does have. The giant reticle seemed appealing however dead batteries are not. The ease of turning the pro on and off vs the eotech as well is a plus. After shooting with the pro there was no question I made the right decision. Highly reccomended for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars I prefer my Aimpoint PRO over my EoTech, August 22, 2012
yarb66 "yarb66" (Plano, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
I have both the Aimpoint PRO and an EoTech 557 (with BDC) and I have used both on my AR. For some intangible reason, I greatly prefer the Aimpoint PRO. I find it mush easier and quicker to acquire the target and use with both eyes open. It's the shooter's preference. Optimally, try both before you buy. I decided the single red dot was just easier than the big red circle plus the small red dots.

Also, the Aimpoint is much easier to use. Turn it on for three years and only one knob changes brightness through 8 settings. On my EoTech, you have to push the up or down arrow and scroll through 30 settings. Not nearly as quick and easy. Both are great products, built to last, etc. as you can read all over.

The only drawback I have found is purely aesthetic: the big knob for tightening the mount to the rail is BIG. But the mount is great and included in the price, so I'll live with it. A buddy decided to purchase a different LaRue mount for additional $$. To me, it's not That big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Aimpoint value, September 18, 2012
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
Bought this optic primarily for the battery life and Aimpoint reliability. If you consider that the mount for this optic is the M4 mount and sells normally for about $125 by itself... that means your paying about $285 for the red dot unit. That is a smoking deal when it comes to Aimpoint red dots. Nothing else comes even close to this value, and it includes night vision compatibility. After looking this unit over it appears to be a Comp M3 with a slightly less efficient LED which gives you 30,000 hours battery life instead of the Comp M3's 50,000. I can live with that at a $300 savings. The EOtech is a nice unit too so either choice is a good one. The EOtech is made in the USA too. Anyhow I would recommend this optic... its a great deal for the money. Be forwarned the Aimpoint no longer has a lifetime warranty. It is 2 years for professional use and 10 years for personal use, some websites incorrectly say this item has lifetime warranty. Very good qaulity unit. Durability you can trust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Red Dot Scope!, October 14, 2013
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
I already had an Aimpoint M4 and wondered why the PRO was half the price. After receiving it and taking it to the range, I am still wondering. I can't tell any difference between the M4 and the PRO. I realize that the battery life is longer on the m$ but doubt I will have a problem with 30,000 battery hours vs 50,000. The tube is also "just" aluminum instead of extruded aluminum on the M4 but again, for civilian use I don't see where that would come into play.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone trying to pick a quality red dot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny! Buy it!, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
I was on the fence about purchasing the Aimpoint Pro, Aimpoint Comp series, Micro T1 or just getting another site like the Vortex Sparc II. I researched a little too much. I am glad I made the decision to go with the Aimpoint Pro. This optic is fantastic. The price is just right on it. A little more than the Vortex Sparc II and a LOT less than the T1 or Comp M4. If you shop around, you can find it in the 300's. It is much smaller than I thought it would be based on pics and Youtube videos. It is built like a tank and easy to mount and take off my rifle. The mount is very good and the knob is on the mount is not that big and does not get into the way at all. The quality is unmatched. It has some weight to it, if that matters to you. But nothing you would really notice on your rifle and is not a deal breaker at all. The red dot is very crisp and scope covers are great. The 2 MOA dot is spot on and I would have regretted getting a 4 MOA. You don't need anything bigger than 2 MOA as it will interfere with long range shots. There is NO parralax at all. Target aquisition is very fast and this was one of my priorities. I was initially confused on the differences between the Pro and Comp series. I called aimpoint and they were glad to answer my questions. The only difference is the circuitry that control the battery life. Everything else is nearly the same and the Pro comes in a complete package with covers and mount. The Aimpoint Pro battery lasts for 3 years on level 6. More than enough for me. If you can't spring for a battery every 3 YEARS, then you are just too picky and should just pay $200-300 more for it to last 5 years. Makes No sense to pay any more money for that option when the Pro battery lasts for many years and is basically the same scope. The bottom line on this scope is that it is worth the money. I would have regretted buying something of less quality for $150 less than the price of this red dot scope. It will take a beating and is built like no other scope. If you are on the fence about this scope, don't be. You will be glad you made this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars aimpoint or strikefire, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
i bought this red dot after reading all the reviews.i had the vortex strikefire and its always compared to this aimpoint so i decided to splash out,everyone said that it was noticeable improvement..... if i had the hind sight i have now ide stick to the strikefire!!! its not that its bad,both are good red dots but as far as value for money the vortex cant be beaten.the difference between the 4 moa and the 2 moa at 50 yds are not noticeable.on the highest setting the aimpoint glows on the internal circumference. having said all that i like it ,but no more than the vortex.im not a label snob just a practical shooter who likes value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Optic, March 31, 2014
Mac 3382 "Mac3382" (Wilderness outpost) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
I researched optics for a long time. I compared many products and looked across a wide range of costs. I am sure that I missed some things, but for my application this worked out very well.

What sold me on this optic was:
1) It is an Aimpoint
2) It has a lifetime warranty. (Some optics are lifetime on the optical aspect, but not the electrical components.)
3) Already comes with a mount / riser which sets it perfect for an front A2 fixed site or flip up back-up.
4) Great battery life. (This was an issue if you ever needed to depend on it for home defense. No battery- no optic - better train on the BU sites!)
5) The above with the cost, just could not be beet for my application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
I had just bought the Bushnell $158 scope because I did not want to spend more money on top $2000 I had just spent on my rifle. A friend who is a police officer and avid shooter talked me out of the Bushnell and into the Aimpoint PRO. I returned the Bushnell never using it. I read a couple of reviews and decided to get it. I sighted it in at my Police Range in about 20 minutes. After that, I should about 1000 rounds. Always on point at 300 yards. Other selling points are 30000 hour battery life (3.5 years) and difficult to lose zero. The optic is incredible and I highly recommend it. Cheaper that EOTech and AKOG and just as good and reliable. I am using it with my FNH FS2000. Mounted easy and secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a better optic on the market., November 24, 2013
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
Not a better optic on the market.

Let me preface this by saying this is my personal opinion and from my experiences with other optics.

I was in the Marine Corps for 5 years. During that time I have used everything from iron sights, EO Tech 512, and a Trijicon ACOG 4x32 for my sights. I really wish I had the opportunity to use this optic while on patrols in Iraq.

I bought this optic to run on my BCM 14.5" AR15. The sight allows for super fast target assessment and shot placement while able to keep both eyes open and look for other threats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome sight, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Aimpoint PRO Patrol Rifle Optic (Sports)
I received this from my brother as a gift and it is a really nice red dot optic. This optic is identical as the Army Comp M2 (C68) this one just has a 2 MOA dot. I immediatly changed the QRP Mount to a ARMS 22M68 mount with full spacer. The ARMS mount provides absolute cowitness with your back up iron sights on a flat top AR 15. I also Installed the killflash and rubber cover. The rubber cover does need a very slight amount of trimming under the front of the sight where the rubber meets the 22M68 mount so the rubber will line up correctly with the front lense cover.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›