4.0 out of 5 stars cute book
I enjoyed the book, it was a great story. It would have been 5 stars for me if there had been no religious intrusion in the story. Both lead characters were fun to read, and I was definitely rooting for them to get together.
Published on April 28, 2011 by C. Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it was billed to be
I typically read only Christian fiction because I don't want to have to worry about if it has illicit sex scenes. But that's exactly what you get in this book! The description was explicit and not only that, but against Biblical principles. Also the inclusion of spiritualism crossed the line. I would not recommend this book to anyone!
Published 9 months ago by Nancy Hoopingarner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars cute book, April 28, 2011
C. Williams (Northern California, United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly One Terrific Love Story!!!, July 6, 2011
D. "D. D. Scott" (LA PORTE, IN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Kindle Edition)
I truly loved this book and think it could be one of the best all-around "love stories" I've read to date.

I luuuvvv that the Hero and Heroine must decide if their love for each other is worth compromising on all other aspects of their lives.

In addition, the herbal healing element is terrific and the pig-farming prospects are a stitch...although quite a smelly stitch at that! LOL!

Tons of great heart and a few great laughs too in this little gem!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars My first ebook - loved it!, May 8, 2012
lriuqs (Cedarburg, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Kindle Edition)
My first experience with an ebook and was most enjoyable - good story line - loved the characters. Just wish the book was longer and the characters and story line more developed and in depth. All in all a good clean read. Will look for more work by the author.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it was billed to be, April 20, 2014
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ain't Love Grand a cut above for Romance novels, February 18, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Paperback)
I almost hate to see this book placed in the Romance Novel category, because I think it should be billed as a great romantic comedy. The characters are wonderful. It's one of those books that you find yourself in the last pages and wishing you didn't have to finish it. What a great first book for this new Oklahoma author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average romance novel, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Kindle Edition)
This is a story about how Persephone and Jason fall in love, but it's not just a romance novel. It's actually quite funny and I truly enjoyed meeting the characters and watching their personalities unfold before me. I loved Persephone's herb and earthy personality pitted against Jason's Corporate and Finance. This is not your average dime novel with nothing but S-E-X. It's a great story and Dana tells it well, with just enough spice thrown in to make it interesting. Looking forward to reading her other books.

4.0 out of 5 stars aint love grand should be everyones motto, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Kindle Edition)
I felt I could relate to the lady. I am so glad there are men out there who still need the strength of women. thanks for the book

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it is!, September 11, 2013
Sue Cross (Hilton, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Kindle Edition)
This is an easy and entertaining read. The main characters are well written and grow on you. For us baby boomers, the story will bring back memories of those feminine flower child persona who seemed to almost dabble in witchcraft but were really the front runners of spiritualism and holistic living. Conversely, the male love interest is of the very corporate legal world filled with the sterility of leather, chrome, and glass. Throw them together and see the fun ensue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice contemporary love story, May 12, 2013
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Kindle Edition)
Neat story of how opposites can attract. I did no find the religious under tones overbearing, but a part of contemporary life as one woman really tries to live the christian life - be kind to others and love God - and not just how some contemporary people think a Christian should act, I liked the racial characters in the book. I especially liked how the main characters didn't stop being who they were - but made compromises for the sake of their relationship.

One I would definitely read over and I do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable for the most part, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Ain't Love Grand? (Kindle Edition)
The reason for the low star count is really one of my personal pet peeves. Any real vegan would not eat meat of any kind. Perse claims to be vegan yet she cooks and eats meat products, eggs and cheese. She went to the Dew Drop Inn and had beef stew, eating around the meat, she prepared spicy chicken soup when Val was sick and the family enjoyed it and she ate around the chemical laden chicken Kiev at the memorial party. Of all the vegetarians I know they would never eat around meat because they would never be eating anything with meat in it.

I read this story and it was fairly good, kind of predictable but not all bad. There were a lot of references to religion and God but those were manageable and not highly over bearing. The idea that even though Perse seemed to be one of those people who were at the church any time the doors were open she still seemed to have many non-religious actions and didn't really preach a lot. I felt the reappearance of the ex-wife was really convenient, the reaction to Isaac going to the hospital was contrived but it did bounce up a really boring part of the story and the final chapter concerning the pig farm was funny.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›