Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Air Buddies
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon January 4, 2007
AIR BUDDIES is another take on the longstanding Air Bud franchise Disney DVD has pumped over over the last few years. Air Bud was a dog (a Golden Retriever, no less) that could play baseball, soccer, football, volleyball, and basketball. It only stands to reason that his offspring would be simply amazing as well. This DVD tells their stories, and there are a lot of laughs along the way.

Patrick Cranshaw and Don Knotts were two of Hollywood's finest character actors, and they were good in this film. They were joined by Richard Karn and Cynthia Stevenson, also veteran character actors and second bananas in top-rated shows like HOME IMPROVEMENT and DEAD LIKE ME.

The movie starts out with a bang, bringing the viewers into Air Bud's life as a dad with five incorrigable puppies that share his love of sports and his ability. However, the puppies are too much for the family, as shown when they gang up on the nanny and tie her up. At the same time, a villain sets his sights on their famous father, intending to bag Air Bud and sell him to a millionaire's spoiled son. When the puppies run away from home to escape being separated and given away, they're used by the bad guys as bait. Then, when their parents are dognapped, it's up to the puppies to save the day.

The humor is great, definitely jokes and physical comedy that keeps the younger viewers in stitches while providing an entertaining romp for the adults in the crowd. This is one of those DVDs to buy for road trips in the family van because kids will want to watch this one over and over.
on December 11, 2006
If I could split my review, I would give it three stars from an adult's perspective but--based on the reactions of my sons (9 & 11 years old)--five from a kid's. And I don't think it's just because we own a golden puppy.

Unlike the previous movies, the dogs talk in this one. A couple of the puppies are really annoying when they talk (and will sound incredibly dated in about ... well, now), but the new conceit works pretty well for freshing up the series.

The best part of the movie, though, was the pleasant surprise of hearing Don Knotts' voice one more time. He voices a (what else) deputy dog and it's like getting to listen to Barney all over again. Half expected him to call someone "Ange"!

Buy it for the kids, listen to it for the Knotts!
on January 3, 2007
Rosebud is my favorite, cannot figure out how they got those puppies to do

everything they did. All AirBud movies are my favorites, but this one

with the "talking" is great. It may always have the same story lines but

it is interesting to see how they get out of the "fixes" they are in.
on September 4, 2013
Great family fun for this auntie and her beloved nieces and nephews. Looking forward to the next installment on our watch list. Good, clean, wholesome family entertainment featuring the family's favorite domesticated animal(s): dogs & puppies!
on November 22, 2013
My 5 year old daughter love the Buddies movies. As we went through the whole series, we found this one and she liked it. Still can't get her to watch the original Air Bud series though. She likes when they talk and the multiple dogs.
on December 13, 2015
This dvd arrived quickly and without damage. We got this as a birthday present for a coworker's son since he loves watching the Air Bud movie series. Needless to say, he loved this movie as well. He just turned 10.
on March 1, 2007
This is the fifth movie in the sag. It takes place shortly after either Air Bud World Pup or Air Bud Spikes back I'm not sure which because I never saw all of spikes back. There is a flash back at the beginning and we learn that Buddy fell in love with a female retriever and had 5 feisty mischievous puppies all of which except Rosebud are male. In addition like in the 1960s version of one hundred and on Dalmatians the dogs are capable of talking which was not capable of doing in the earlier movies. When air bud and his wife are kidnapped to be a gift for a snobby rich man and his son it's up to buddies four son and one daughter to save the day can the succeed find out in the hilarious heart warming conclusion.
on September 24, 2012
My son (3)saw the Treasure Buddies and fell in LOVE with these guys. I bought this one to see if it was a fluke or what...but no he loves this one also!

Good thing is even parents like these. They are cute and not at all corney!

I had to make him watch the movie at first as it seems to always have 'people' in these at first to lay the ground work and my son doesnt want that. But after a couple minutes he was glued!
on August 8, 2012
Just got this in for my daughter , she's 22 and has Down Syndrome , so we have to b very careful and get family dv's for her . i thought i'd b bored watching another one of them , but they r all so cute and what a deal !!! i can afford to get her the collection one month at a time . My daughter Autumn says thanks !!! and what's more i didn't have to spend a day lookin for them !
on June 3, 2015
Its okay, & not a bad start for the beginning of the Buddies. AirBud already was the proud father before these guys of another litter from Airbud world pup.
It was funny watching them give the baby sitter a hard time. Miss Niggles or something like that. So someone kidnaps the world famous airbud, not only Buddy but Molly as well? That's true golden retrievers are worth a lot of money. But not worth near as much as going treasure hunting on the travel channel, What were those 3 goofs thinking? I mean give me break! The adventure starts off as the Buddies come up with a plan to rescue their parents. & start with Deputy Sniffer, (Don Knots). Who has got to be in his mid 80's, 30 years or so since he starred in the movie (The apple dumpling gang). RoseBud tries reviving him, but he's too lazy. They go to the movie theaters, nice of them to drop by, eating their fill of snacks, but not much on the soft drinks. & then find their way to the farm where they meet a funny looking goat, & stop their pursuers. Who also get captured & caged by a goat? Weird! Those 2 bumbling idiots were supposed to capture the puppies too. But fail, & I wouldn't call them the luckiest 2, getting treated like losers! I would have loved to have seen them get sprayed by a skunk. But that's not in the script! After getting skunked Deputy Sniffer is on the trail again, Pew wee!! I'm glad I didn't. & tracks his way to where Buddy & Molly are. They manage to escape on their own. But return when the Buddies themselves are captured shortly upon their arrival. & before too long the bad guys are all washed up with grape juice.
& of course in the end all of them B Dawg, RoseBud Budderball, Buddha, & MudBud all find homes. They were just determined to be the ones that matched their personality, which is understandable. This ones worth the watch, & most families will & should gain a lot of laughter from this one.
Absolutely Hilarious!!
Just so you know, parts of it are pretty stupid. The goat looks pretty corny to me. 2 dorks that nobody cares about.
& looking at the cover of this one when I saw it on the shelf at Wal mart for the first time I had my doubts that it was worth watching. I'm not use to seeing pups with sunglasses or one wearing a pink bow behind the ear, I sort of wonder how they make that thing stay on there, is it kind of sticky or something? Or does it fit like a hairclip. & It took a little time getting to know all 5 of them.