5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sound...
I've never played a lap harp before.

Published on December 19, 2011 by J. J. Burtch

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy playing.....needs more music sheets.....
Really like... but now ready for additional music sheets... where do we find them? Only see Christmas available....that's why I am giving it only three stars... grows old playing the same things over and over..
Published 23 months ago by Jen2

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sound..., December 19, 2011
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I've never played a lap harp before.

I am always looking for new insturments to play around with. I grew up playing the saxophone, and ever since I sold it, I've always wanted one back. But because of the cost, I never can bring myself to actually getting one. So instead I buy inexpensive instruments and other things to just play around with to get that creative musical fix.

This app is exactly one of those purchases. For a couple of bucks I got an app that turns my Kindle Fire into a pretty solid music instrument. It works well, and it sounds absolutely amazing. I really wasn't expecting it to sound as good as it did. With headphones on, it's simply astounding. Even with the stock speakers on the Fire, it still sounds great.

I found the assortment of songs that came with it to be adequate, but just playing around and creating is where it's at on this to me.

I'm giving it five stars, but I would like to see some things in an update. First, sometimes the touch response isn't that great, but I BELIEVE this to be more of a software issue with the Fire itself, not this app. So I'm hoping the upcoming Kindle Fire update will take care of that. If not, then I would like to see the response of the harp turned up a bit. It tends to get a bit "lost" when trying to string together fast and up tempo notes. Second, I would LOVE to see it have a record feature, so that you can hit record and then just play around on it, then go back and see what you came up with.

Overall, though, I think it's a great little app, and definitely worth the cost!!

4.0 out of 5 stars sweet sounds, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
very nice sound on Kindle Fire. Very soothing. Wish they had more music sheets. I have purchased all they have and they are very well done. I do wish they would omit the sound of a page turning -- totally not needed in such a beautiful sounding instrument. Also the music has multiple pages for some of the songs. They did not just give us like the first 5 measures or something but the entire song. I like this very much. Minus one star because of the sheet turning sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly easy to make nice melodies, December 24, 2011
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
This is a fun app, perhaps even more fun (and easier) than similar play-it-yourself piano apps. And I can see why it's for Kindle Fire only (or at least, tablets only) - there's almost no way you could press the notes correctly on a smaller smartphone screen.

Air Harp displays part of a lap harp on the screen. You can play it like that, or you can overlay a note guide and play. I don't read music or play any musical instrument, so I chose one of the seven songs (the product description says there are ten, but I only found seven) included and played it by touching the notes. Surprisingly, it sounded pretty nice, even better with a little practice.

I was able to hit the notes with my fingers, but for some folks, a stylus might be easier to use.

If you want more songs, from the app, you can go to the Air Harp store and purchase more music.

Air Harp is a nicely designed, visually attractive app that was fun to play around with. The harp sounds are very melodic if you have half an idea how to play the instrument.

An enjoyable app for just about all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally I'm starting to learn to read music with this app, May 5, 2012
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
I've always enjoyed singing and wanted to learn how to play an instrument but have never been able to wrap my head around reading the ants on the pages. I sing by sound and listening only,fwiw.
This app gives me the instant "aha moment" of what note is what, the differences in full vs quarter vs eighth note,etc and in just a short time has given me the confidence to plunks the keys on our piano that has intimidated me for years with its simple melodic tunes to choose from.
The sound on my Fire is very close to a real harp and it works very well with not only fingers but iFaraday SALT stylus pen as well.
For those wanting a no nonsense music playing app without a gazzillion options this is a good one to try out.
It's also very good for kids, whether 48 like me or 4 like my youngest daughter, trying their hand at learning to read/play music. The fact that it has such a relaxing sound helps not become intimidated if I hit the wrong note.

5.0 out of 5 stars What fun! Looks good, sounds great, impressive!!!, January 10, 2012
MonaLS (Hayward, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
Air Harp comes with 7 songs: "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", "Are You Sleeping (Frere Jacques)", "I'm A Little Teapot", "It's Raining, It's Pouring", "Morning Has Broken", "Bach - Menuet in G" and "Aura Lee" and three selection screens (the other three "songs") "Air Harp Instructions", "Note Guide" and "None".

There are three music packs available for purchase for 99 cents each: Relaxation Music Pack #1, Christmas Music Pack #1 and Christmas Music Pack #2. The relaxation pack has 5 songs, the Christmas packs each have 3.

The instrument itself is beautiful, is easy to play and sounds lovely. The instruction sheet underlays the strings and gives you the basic instructions on how to play the Air Harp. The note guide underlays the strings on the right side of the instrument and lists the names of the notes. None is just what is says, nothing under the strings, just the lovely instrument.

The song sheet underlays the strings and all you have to do to play a song is touch the strings over each note. Some of the songs continue over multiple pages, and to move to the next sheet of music you click on a button on the left hand side of the screen. This is the only thing that is slightly annoying - when you change sheets, there is a clicking sound that interrupts the flow of playing the music.

Very enjoyable and well worth the price. Eagerly awaiting more music packs. (Maybe it's time to drag out my old college music...)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy playing.....needs more music sheets....., May 13, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App for Music Lovers!, May 5, 2012
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
This is really a lovely app with great sound. It's easy to use and produces a very soothing strumming, much like that of a real auto harp or lap harp. It's fun and very much worth the the few cents for the developer. If u can't bring an instrument with u at all times then u should have fun with this app. Very Nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun product, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
This item is well worth the money. I've had lots of fun with it and am looking forward to ordering more music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun little app, December 29, 2011
K. Graham "gray5164" (Quitman, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
Fun to play around with. Has a nice tone. May not be playing it in concert, but I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, December 26, 2011
This review is from: Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition) (App)
Always wanted an Autoharp when I was a kid. This app was all I expected. Downloaded the rest of the songs and have been playing them over and over again. My only hope is that they provide more songs.

ARRAY(0x9f77cb70)

Air Harp (Kindle Tablet Edition)
$1.99