Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Item Package Quantity: 1|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 27, 2011
This bow is really cool (this is coming from a 13 year old, I know amazing right (: )

It shoots far and has pretty good accuracy. If you are 10 to an adult you can probably shoot the bow its maxium distance but i know my sister who's about 8 cant pull it back far enough to shoot more then 2/3s of the distance. One of my favorite things about the bow is that you can shoot it at people and it does not hurt (unless obviously you hit somebody in the eye or something) so you can shoot it at your siblings or friends! The one reason i gave this bow 4 stars is because one of the arrows the one with the plunger on it does not shoot far at all so pretty much you only get 2 arrows that actually work. Therefore i suggest getting an extra ammo pack. I gave this bow 3 on education because it teaches you how to shoot a bow more or less. Really cool bow, great to shoot alone or with friends!!! Great deal!
1010 comments|228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2015
My 5 year old got this bow for last Christmas, overcame the initial frustration with grip/aim/etc within a few days, and has since thoroughly enjoyed playing with it. It is one of his precious toys that he proudly lets his cousins and friends try out when they visit him. Even though it was used mostly indoors all winter, it took direct sunlight when left near various windows/doors and had to live through the dry heated interior climate, both of which contributed to rotting and breakage of the rubber tubing, disappointing my son big-time.

Early this spring, I replaced the broken tubing with a new 1/8in OD 1/16in ID Micro Latex Rubber Tubing available here on Amazon; a 10ft costs under eight bucks with shipping. You can experiment with thicker tubing but this one met my needs. At least three feet of tubing is required to replace the entire tubing on both ends of the bow. A 10ft tubing is good for three full replacements, bringing the overall repair cost to under $2.66/replacement. No special tools are required other than the 1 to 2mm flat & phillips screwdrivers and a piece of string/thread to fish the tubing through the tiny peg holes. The replacement procedure also available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86W5hZDyrEE

My son's eyes lit up, and a big smile followed when he saw his bow fixed. All of the suction cup arrows that were lying around the house in sorrow are now back in action; number of pretend targets continue to grow everyday, and his archery adventures have returned. It's amazing to discover that a small repair task can bring back so much enthusiasm.

Let me know if you have any questions.
66 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2011
I bought the Air Hunterz Z-Curve Bow for my 5yr old nephew. He's had it about a week &reports say he loves it and is showing it off to everyone. I looked for 2 weeks for a safe bow and arrow set for him and read every review on the web about all of them. I'm going to wait till he's 7+yrs old before I buy him a real bow and arrow for safety's sake. In the meantime he's going to get a general idea of using a bow and a whole lot of fun from this one. From what I've gathered you should NOT leave this bow or the arrows outside at all when not in use as changes in temperature will affect it. It's not made of iron so some common sense and care are needed to keep it in good shape. The BIG smile on his face in his pictures are all the proof I need that it was a great gift for him. That and the fact he hasn't hardly put it down! I also bought the arrow refill pack for him at the same time. I called the company to be sure I ordered the right ones as Amazon has some misleading/incorrect info about them on their site that confused me. I ordered the Air Hunterz Red X Refill pack. This set is a lot of bang for your buck!
0Comment|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2015
My kids loved this toy. My son (almost 12 at the time) and daughter (9 1/2) received them for Christmas, 2013. The problem is that in about 9 months the stretchy orange and dark grey rubber (silicone?) tubes dry-rotted and broke, rendering the bows useless. We live in a year-round warm climate and they were kept indoors.
review image
on February 18, 2013
I ordered this bow for my 7 year old for Christmas, and it exceeded our expectations by FAR! First of all, it is powerful. It easily shot all the way across our 1 acre yard. Secondly, it is safe. It hit my window with some force and didn't break it. It might give a kid a bit of a bruise if shot directly at them close range, or something, but it isn't likely to do permanent damage. Thirdly, my son has spent literally hours outside playing without getting bored! Older friends from the neighborhood are all begging to try it out! This bow is cool enough for my son, but safe enough to satisfy mom! I can not imagine a boy from 4-8+ years that would not love this bow!
on December 8, 2014
Toy was awesome, well constructed... and the boys will love it. But did not know I ordered in Frustration FREE Packaging and now I am frustrated LOL because I bought this as a Christmas gift and realize it is important TO READ what you ordered so you get the right packaging for your needs. Do not order in FRUSTRATION FREE for a gift the you want to wrap and mail... cause you will be out of luck! The box is came in flimsy and cheap.
review image
on May 16, 2014
Bought 1 of these to try as well as 2 Zing Air storm Z tech bows. My boys like the latter better, the quality of the arrows is better as well. Worth it to spend a few extra dollars. They are loads of fun, kids of all ages love them - including the adults! Hoping they will last a long time. We have owned them for 3 weeks so far.
on December 30, 2012
What a bummer. Our 5 year old son really loved this toy and had a great time with it until the "bow string" broke. It is made of a rubber tubing like surgical tube, but is thin and broke easily. Otherwise the toy is well made and the darts fly really good (right up onto the roof in fact) but it is so disapointing that now the toy is trash as a result of this one fault. Worse yet, I can't yet find replacement parts or a way to take it apart or and fix it without breaking it. This can't be the first time this has ever happened.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2013
So Santa brings this to my 4 years old son, he likes it just fine. The real kicker is my teenage boys also love it. Now keep in mind that my 18 year old is in the National Guard and he, along with his 15 year old brother, have at their disposal real bows, a real crossbow, AK's, AR's, SKS's, and hunting rifles in calibers from .17 to..... sorry, rambling here....in other words not kids that have never been exposed to this type of stuff. They have played with it just about nonstop for 2 days now and they are playing with it right now.
It is constructed fairly well, they are surprised the arrows have taken the abuse they have. They sometimes just shoot the straight up to watch how high they go and come down with a thud on the deck or roof none the worse for the wear. My son was out shooting my wifes wire reindeer just a minute ago and was nailing them from 50 feet. Already got our moneys worth, the rest is just gravy.
on October 13, 2014
This is an awesome product. The kids enjoy playing with this indoors and outdoors. As an adult I also find it fun to use. I was pleasantly surprised by the distance the arrows will travel!!!

I really enjoy that it does not allow my children to use other miscellaneous items as arrows. Do not need them shooting sticks, etc. with a bow!