5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and powerful 3-speed wall-mounted fan w/remote control
Published on August 26, 2012 by Douglas Kramer

3.0 out of 5 stars deceiving description, way over priced
This fan is described as "Air King 9046 Wall Mount Fan With Steel Construction" - it is actually made of cheap plastic in china. The "Steel Construction" is just the cage that protects the fan blades. - i took mine off. I would be totally happy with it if it were priced at $25 - i don't think it cost more than $3 to manufacture, really cheaply made.

It took...
Published on July 2, 2010 by J. Dotson

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and powerful 3-speed wall-mounted fan w/remote control, August 26, 2012
This review is from: Air King 9046 16 Inch 1480 CFM 3-Speed Commercial Grade Oscillating Wall Mounted, White (Kitchen)
I replaced a floor-standing fan with this wall-mount fan in my bedroom. It freed up the floor space, giving us more room for a chair, and makes it easier to vacuum the floor. I mounted the fan about 5ft from the bed and from that distance is strong enough to keep the bed cool. The fan is quiet enough to not keep someone awake. I looked at cheaper fans before purchasing this one, but the reviews on those others were not very good. Plus, I'm have an electrical engineer background and liked the specifications listed at the end of this review.

The fan is straightforward to assemble and mount. Both the front and rear grills are metal. The trickiest part of assembly was using a screwdriver to tighten the band around the circumference that holds the front and rear grills while having the front label upright. I used a studfinder to find a stud and screwed the mounting brace into it. The fan is easy to point up or down at any angle and tighten at that angle. (The other reviewer who took the grills off must have upset the fan's weight balance.) It worked as expected.

It's a 3-speed oscillating fan with a good remote control. The remote control has four buttons: on/off, speed (press to cycle through 3 speeds), oscillate, and timer.
The timer will automatically turn the fan off after any 1/2 hr. duration up to 7-1/2 hours (that is, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5hr, etc). You press the oscillate button to start it rotating left to right, then press it again to stop it at that position. The remote control absolutely requires line-of-sight to work. When you turn the fan on/off, the fan beeps loudly.

I don't know why they call it 16". The diameter of the blades clearly measures 15" and the diameter of the grill is 17.25"

The motor's enclosure and wall mount's outer shell are made of very sturdy, solid plastic that won't crack -- it is not made of "cheap" plastic as another reviewer said. The construction underneath the plastic is metal.

Besides that, the fan and quiet is beautiful enough for a bedroom.

Here are its specs: (click on the photo "9046" -- it has three blades)
[...]

3.0 out of 5 stars deceiving description, way over priced, July 2, 2010

It took some modifying to get it to point down instead of blowing air across my ceiling. The spring holding it in the up position had too much tension and the lock nut to hold it pointed at a downward angle couldn't be tightened enough to do it ( in all fairness it could of been because of the weight difference when i removed the cage )

You DO need tools to instal!

I like that everything is controllable from the remote - on/off, timer, fan speed & oscillation and that if you take the cage off it's pretty quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, fast delivery, May 24, 2010
I am very happy with my Air King wall mount fan. It is in my 8x14 ft. greenhouse and has plenty of power. It was very easy to install and I love the remote, even though I thought it wouldn't be very necessary. It is so easy to change the speed without having to climb up to change it on the unit. The construction seems strong, and it is very quiet. I am very happy with my purchase and it was the best price I found for this particular model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fan, June 4, 2014
Great fan, pretty quiet on low setting, certainly quiet enough to sleep with. I mounted mine in a corner on a 10" wide board mounted in the corner of the wall. Works great, quiet, minimal vibration great nights sleep with this fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fan, September 7, 2013
SCC "Sergio" (Miami, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these and placed them over the laundry area. They are 8 feet apart and can control both with just one remote. Just get close, aim and choose. They are quiet and move a lot of air.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed, August 7, 2013
Fan works well and is quiet and easy to install. I plan to purchase another one for a different location.

5.0 out of 5 stars remote control and sleep features, July 14, 2013
allen blaylock (bartlett, tn United States) - See all my reviews
My last brand remote control wall fan siezed up after 2 summers. I dont know the longevity of this one but the features are great. It blows hard, rotates, has a remote, and a sleep timer. Perfect for my workshop and my excercise room

3.0 out of 5 stars It suffices, August 6, 2011
I purchased one from a supplier last year. It lasted about one year until killed by a blackout/surge. When working, it was great. The feature that attracted me was the remote control. I didn't need to have it on all the time, or struggle with turning it off.

The mount is sturdy if you know how to install it. One item I didn't like was the power cord. In order to reach an outlet it needs to be close, so most of us may need an extension cord.

When I ordered replacements after it was fried by the power, one of the two was defective out of the box. I could not adjust the tilt on it. I'm sure the unit would have worked, however I just repacked it and used the other one.

It's a toss up. I like it so I can mount it out of the way, and circulate air rather than just cooling one room with the AC in these hot summers. I'd give it more positive than negative remarks. In dorms or small houses, it doesn't take up real estate on your floor, and circulates air well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, October 22, 2014
C. Smith (columbus, ohio) - See all my reviews
Comes with a remote and our old stand up and remote happens to work with it too! Swivels, has 3 speeds, and a timer. Have had it for a month with no problems. Easy to install. I didn't give it 5 stars only because it could use a little more power to reach our bed from the wall (our room is 12 x 14). Manufacturers must realize that because it is mounted from a wall it needs a little more "ummph" for the breeze to make it to its destination.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL GOOD BUY !, July 11, 2014
Just what Doctor ordered ! Works Great ,nice and quiet on low speed. Love the remote - you can adjust it w/o waking up from sleep. sturdy and well built. I took the spring out to give the right angle to the fan. The cage take a little time to assemble ,but other than that - it's a good buy

$90.64 $77.00