Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $22.72 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Air Vent Inc. 24" Whole House Fan 54301 Attic & Whole House Fans
|Price:||$229.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$68.34 (23%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Air Vent #54301 24" Whole House Fan
- AIR VENT INC.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Quantity: 1
Top Customer Reviews
Now for my personal notes and experiance with this product.
I'm going to mention this first because I think its very important -
The fan requires allot of attic ventilation to work well, I have an older house with only 2 small gable vents. This was not enough I needed allot more, I installed several large vents onto my roof so now my fan works great but....Read more ›
Only two complaints.
1. The sheet metal opening at the top of the fan had 4 random dents in it. If you look at the picture, the dents were on the raised rim that circles the top of the fan blade. The installers were wondering if I should send it back because it may have been knocked around in transit. I told them to test the fan motor and continue with the install if it worked since the dents were pretty much cosmetic and only visible from up in the attic when installed.
2. My other complaint is the cheap louvers/shutters, while they work well (open and close) with the fan being on or off, are very flimsy and make random rattling noise when the fan is on. This prevents me from turning the fan on at night on the timer and falling asleep - I am a very light sleeper. I can sleep with the steady hum of the fan running but the random rattling comes and goes which drives me nuts as I try to sleep. Fortunately, the way I mostly will use the fan is to turn in on an hour or two before bed to cool the upstairs and then turn it off and go to bed.
I plan to look around and if I can find quality louvers that exactly fit this fan I'll buy and switch out in a NY minute.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's the recommended size for my house but I don't feel the pull is very powerful. It brings in a breeze on a windy day. Read morePublished 18 days ago by capricorn76
This is a great product. Love the way it works. I'm really confused about how they picked the outside dimensions to build the frame to. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Eric
I have this in the ceiling of my 2 car garage and use it to remove the hot (Arizona) air before switching on the mini-split A/C unit. Read morePublished 3 months ago by William G Burke
The local big box stores only carry the bigger whole house fans, Thank Goodness for Amazon!
I received this 24" version in two days as promised and installed it that... Read more
Instructions are weak. It's relatively quiet, IF you place foam/rubber between joists and fan frame. It works like a charm. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Shadow
Easy to install. Works great. Cools house fast. Highly recommended. Decided to go with pull chain. Sending back on/off switch. Not worth the extra work just for the switch.Published 4 months ago by Denise Vaughan Gomes
Went in very easy where other fan was. Love the lower electricity bills.Published 5 months ago by Turtle