Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Air Wick Color-Changing Scented Candle, Apple Cinnamon Medley, 4.23 Ounce
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Scent Name: Apple Cinnamon Medley|Change

on January 30, 2013
Scent Name: Lavender and Chamomile|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Of course the name of the product included the information that the candle changes color, but I never expected it would be as pretty and impressive as it is. The candle seems ideally suited for use around the Christmas holidays, or perhaps as an accent for a patio cocktail party during warmer weather months. The changing colors can be distracting, so I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic, candlelit dinner.

This is a standard looking white candle in a frosted glass votive but once you light the wick there is nothing subtle about the light show. The candle base undergoes a transformation. Lit from within the wax glows in violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow orange, red. It's like an electric light show going on inside the candle itself. Even after you blow out the flame, the color changes continue until the last spark on the wick is extinguished.

Air Wick makes the color changing candle with several different fragrances; if this scent isn't for you there are several other choices, including vanilla or apple cinnamon. I'm a big fan of lavender scents, but this lavender / chamomile candle has far too much chamomile. It smells like a cup of chamomile tea, and the lavender is barely there. However, let's face it, the scent is *not* the big attraction with this candle.

This changing color candle is relatively new in the marketplace, which makes it a conversation piece with plenty of "wow factor" to impress your guests. But the "fad" potential is high with this, so get one soon before the novelty wears off.

SPOILER WARNING - DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT MAKES IT WORK:
There is an infrared activated LED kit at the bottom of the candle; infrared light and visible light are given off by candles or incandescent bulbs. You also can get the candle to change color without lighting the wick by placing it directly under a regular light bulb, or by pointing a TV/DVD/CD remote control device from above down into the candle. The trick with the remote may be even more impressive than lighting the wick.
Scent Name: Apple Cinnamon Medley|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If these candles existed back when I did drugs I would've bought like 5000 of them. They are just a trip to watch! but really in all seriousness these are cool candles it's amazing that they can actually cycle the colors like they do. And the smells are really decent not too overpowering. But if you're throwing a party/rave at your house/warehouse these would definitely be a cool addition. If I ever take LSD again in the future I'll report back on how cool these things really are.

On one side note I gave them 4 stars because I like to see them for about $1.50 cheaper because I think you go through them rather quickly.

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed myself.
VINE VOICEon January 24, 2013
With the picture on the box I really wasn't sure how it would make a colorful rainbow effect, so I was anxious to get this candle out of the box and light it. It is a regular wax candle, but immediately upon lighting the candle turns colors, from red, to light blue, dark blue, green, purple, etc. It is not like any candle I've ever bought before. The scent is strong of lavender & chamomile, and it gives the room a relaxing scent and a pretty glow. The burn on the candle is about average, not the cleanest burn, but good.

My one caution is if you have pets or small children I would make sure that you watch the candle carefully. I usually burn candles often and the cat has no interest, but this one had her mesmerized. I had to move it into my kitchen so I could monitor the situation a little closer. My husband was was also taken with the candle and the constant color change and the relaxing scent.

I love candles and this one is one I definitely would buy. I've already told friends about it. It is a good value and a unique product. Overall, I'm very happy.
on March 20, 2014
The scent of the candle is not overpowering and as described. The colors of the candle are soft and change at a relaxing pace which allows each color to be fully displayed before it transforms to the next. I love these candles and know I will be buying more.
on September 12, 2015
Mannnn.. Everything about this candle is just beautiful. It turns bright different colors and its simply mesmerizing and hypnotizing. The smell is delicious and the way it just murphs to different colors is beyond soothing and gorgeous.
review image
on January 7, 2015
These candles are absolutely the best and beautiful when burning. Purchased many for Christmas gifts and to keep for myself. Will continue to purchase for as long as they are on the market. Would definitely recommend to all, especially candle lovers!!!
on February 15, 2015
Love the scent...not overpowering, but still noticeable. The Color Changing feature is the kicker. I don't know how the light works as it is on only when the candle is lit. I assume it to be LED as there are no visible signs of batteries - and the light seems to be in the 3000+ color range. It changes in a smooth fashion from red to violet to blue to green to orange and back to red.

I have these set up on my "Subscribe and Save" as I like them so much.

I had issues in the past with candles purchased on Amazon. There were images and prices indicating a six-pack, but ended up being a single candle. That has not been the case with these beauties. Each time my subscription arrives, six glowing new candles arrive.
on September 10, 2012
I absolutely love this candle. If you like vanilla fragrences and colored lights like me, this candle is for you. It is bright in the dark but not blinding. It is very pretty as once it heats up the whole jar changes colors. It is a great accent to an already pretty flame. I reccomend it and would buy it again.
VINE VOICEon February 6, 2013
I did not expect to rave much about a small, affordable candle that is readily found at Amazon, grocery stores, and drugstores. After all, it must just be a candle?

However, that is not the case with this product. Air Wick's Color Changing Candle in Lavender / Chamomile fragrance is a fun product indeed. It comes in a frosted glass votive, but there is a bit of magic inside. As soon as you bring a lighted match near the wick, the candle's color changing feature activates and remains activated until the candle is blown out. The color changing effect adds a beautiful ambiance to any room. Unfortunately, as the candle burns down, you get the effect, naturally, on a smaller piece of the votive as only the solid unburned wax has the color shine through.

Nevertheless, in addition to the color changing feature, it's a great candle as well. It has decent burn time for the size, and the fragrance is quite lovely. It's light and peaceful, not harsh and districting. Furthermore, the value is fantastic. It is priced like a supermarket candle, but yet has a high tech feature in the color changing and a scent that smells anything but budget.

Candles are certainly a fun extra item to enjoy from time to time or for a special occasion. It might not be a must buy on a regular basis, but this Air Wick Color Changing Candle is a great option to add some unique ambiance to a room without hurting the wallet too much. Recommended product!
on November 3, 2015
These are my favorite candles around this time of year. Really sad that airwick discontinued them- Happy I was able to get a few more here. I had one that came broken and the company rectified it immediately. They don't really put off that much of a smell, but the glow is just amazing and totally worth the extra money