Published 22 months ago by Penumbra

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working
With most of the candle left and infrequent use, the candle stopped changing color. Pretty expensive white candle, and I would not recommend it or buy another one! I was thinking of them for holiday gifts, but forget it.
Published on October 30, 2012 by Cubsmom

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing novelty, conversation piece - and here's how it works, January 30, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Of course the name of the product included the information that the candle changes color, but I never expected it would be as pretty and impressive as it is. The candle seems ideally suited for use around the Christmas holidays, or perhaps as an accent for a patio cocktail party during warmer weather months. The changing colors can be distracting, so I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic, candlelit dinner.

This is a standard looking white candle in a frosted glass votive but once you light the wick there is nothing subtle about the light show. The candle base undergoes a transformation. Lit from within the wax glows in violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow orange, red. It's like an electric light show going on inside the candle itself. Even after you blow out the flame, the color changes continue until the last spark on the wick is extinguished.

Air Wick makes the color changing candle with several different fragrances; if this scent isn't for you there are several other choices, including vanilla or apple cinnamon. I'm a big fan of lavender scents, but this lavender / chamomile candle has far too much chamomile. It smells like a cup of chamomile tea, and the lavender is barely there. However, let's face it, the scent is *not* the big attraction with this candle.

This changing color candle is relatively new in the marketplace, which makes it a conversation piece with plenty of "wow factor" to impress your guests. But the "fad" potential is high with this, so get one soon before the novelty wears off.

SPOILER WARNING - DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT MAKES IT WORK:
There is an infrared activated LED kit at the bottom of the candle; infrared light and visible light are given off by candles or incandescent bulbs. You also can get the candle to change color without lighting the wick by placing it directly under a regular light bulb, or by pointing a TV/DVD/CD remote control device from above down into the candle. The trick with the remote may be even more impressive than lighting the wick.

4.0 out of 5 stars This candle is trippy man... smells good too., September 25, 2012
This review is from: Air Wick Color-Changing Scented Candle, Apple Cinnamon Medley, 4.23 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If these candles existed back when I did drugs I would've bought like 5000 of them. They are just a trip to watch! but really in all seriousness these are cool candles it's amazing that they can actually cycle the colors like they do. And the smells are really decent not too overpowering. But if you're throwing a party/rave at your house/warehouse these would definitely be a cool addition. If I ever take LSD again in the future I'll report back on how cool these things really are.

On one side note I gave them 4 stars because I like to see them for about $1.50 cheaper because I think you go through them rather quickly.

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how it works but it is cool....., January 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With the picture on the box I really wasn't sure how it would make a colorful rainbow effect, so I was anxious to get this candle out of the box and light it. It is a regular wax candle, but immediately upon lighting the candle turns colors, from red, to light blue, dark blue, green, purple, etc. It is not like any candle I've ever bought before. The scent is strong of lavender & chamomile, and it gives the room a relaxing scent and a pretty glow. The burn on the candle is about average, not the cleanest burn, but good.

My one caution is if you have pets or small children I would make sure that you watch the candle carefully. I usually burn candles often and the cat has no interest, but this one had her mesmerized. I had to move it into my kitchen so I could monitor the situation a little closer. My husband was was also taken with the candle and the constant color change and the relaxing scent.

I love candles and this one is one I definitely would buy. I've already told friends about it. It is a good value and a unique product. Overall, I'm very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars In love, September 10, 2012
I absolutely love this candle. If you like vanilla fragrences and colored lights like me, this candle is for you. It is bright in the dark but not blinding. It is very pretty as once it heats up the whole jar changes colors. It is a great accent to an already pretty flame. I reccomend it and would buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love this candle...but NOT AT HIS PRICE ($12), September 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Received this courtesy of Amazon Vine. We already had bought one and we love it. Unique color changing candle (real, not electric) that is totally awesome to look at. The fragrance is subtle, not overwhelming like many candles are. This candle can be purchased for half the price this merchant is selling it for. So, I love the candle, hate this price. For info, when I wrote this review, the sole vendor wanted nearly twelve bucks and another seven to ship it. Hope the price changes.....Buy it (elsewhere). You'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars color show, September 13, 2012
Anyone who loves bright colors needs to get 1 or 10 of these. They're amazing. And I was also suprised at how large the candle is! Air Wick did a sweet job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, October 30, 2012
Cubsmom (Cleveland Hts., OH) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Cool Candle and Smells Awesome, September 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So I must premise this with the fact that the glass holder the candle arrived in was totally shattered in the package when it arrived. I am going to chalk that up to a Vine item being shipped as cheaply as possible and hope that isn't the standard for this product.

But now to the product. Without the glass votive, the candle was pretty much just a candle. But in the bottom is some weird red thing that apparently reacts to heat and is VERY sensitive. Before I even lit the wick, just touched it with the flame, the candle started to glow and change colors. I am not sure what makes this happen, but it is really very pretty! It changes every 2-3 seconds in a gentle, gradual change between violet, blue, green and red (maybe a little yellow). Then add to that the gentle but pervasive scent, and this candle is a winner even without the votive! I am not sure what makes this change colors, but it is pretty cool!

2.0 out of 5 stars Burn out quick., July 11, 2013
These are very pretty but they burn out very quick. They are not worth the money that they cost. They would be fine for special occasions.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 dollars at your local super market :), August 30, 2013
Bought this candle for 5 bucks at Ralphs grocery market. Was looking into ordering more on amazon but realized its x3 the price increase.