5.0 out of 5 stars Let's clear the "Air"Bake
We make a lot of cookies. Consequently, the comments, about these cookie sheets, have been interesting. For the record, we do not own any stock in AirBake or any related company and just added 7 more AirBake insulated cookie sheets to our stash, although we didn't buy them here.
Published on June 4, 2008 by G. Hungerford

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful!
I bought two of these pans to replace Airbake pans that were bought when they first hit the market. The cookies I've baked in the two days I've had them have turned out well, with nice even browning and they don't stick to the sheet, as was happening with my old pans.

Published on December 10, 2012 by Loves Books in MD

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's clear the "Air"Bake, June 4, 2008
We've read the negative, as well as the positive, comments. Each is correct and each is wrong, to a different extent. Everyone seems to be missing the same points. A cookie sheet is a cooking vessel, just like any pot or pan.
You would not, for example, complain about a double boiler, because it wasn't good for making fried eggs; nor would you complain about a cast iron frying pan, because it wasn't good for making soup. The point is that different types of cooking vessels are made, for different purposes, just as different types of cookie sheets are made, for different types of cookies.
Let's see if we can examine at least some of the problems, then try to shed some light on some of the possible cause(s), maybe even suggest some solution(s).
Those who like crisp, firm cookies, such as ginger snaps, sugar cookies or short breads, should not be using insulated pans. For them, the best cookie sheet is the uninsulated one, since it crisps better.
Those who prefer chewy, gooey or cake-like cookies, such as chewy oatmeal, fruit-based or fruit-filled cookies or similar items, should be using the insulated cookie sheets. The insulated sheets create a cookie which is evenly browned, top and bottom, definitely best for thicker cookies.
Those who like a darker bottom, on their cookies or pastry, should be using cookie sheets with darker colors (insulated or non-insulated, non-stick coated or otherwise). Remember, the darker the pan, the darker will be the bottoms of the cookies or pastry, relative to the tops.
Those who like their cookies with lighter colored bottoms should be using cookie sheets with bright, shiny, light-colored surfaces, insulated or otherwise.
If your cookies are spreading too thinly, the fault is not the cookie sheet but the recipe. Cookies, which use only butter or oil, as the fat, will spread much faster, because oil starts as a liquid and butter melts at a much lower temperature, thereby giving up its water content, much sooner. Crisco or other vegetable shortening melt at a much higher temperature, thereby holding moisture longer. That, in turn, allows the cookies to rise, higher, moister and for a longer time.
So, if you like thin cookies, use butter or oil as your only fat. If you like thicker cookies, use only vegetable shortening. If you want something between the two, use a mix of vegetable shortening and butter/oil.
Those who say their cookies are burned and/or sticking, because they used butter, to lubricate the cookie sheets, are correct. The problem is the butter, not the cookie sheet. Cookies are baked at high temperatures, 400'F not being unusual. The milk solids, in the butter, burn, at much lower temperatures than that. If the milk solids burn, that will, also, cause the cookies to stick and burn. The solution is to grease the cookie sheets with a vegetable shortening (such as Crisco) or a neutral-flavored oil (even the spray oils work fine), such as canola, safflower or sunflower, which will not burn, at those temperatures. That applies, even if your only fat, in the cookies, is butter or oil. In fact, if you're making peanut butter cookies, try using peanut oil, as the lubricant, which will impart a more robust peanut taste to the finished cookies.
No matter what you else do or what recipe you use, you must lubricate these and all other cookie sheets, properly, to avoid sticking. We use the bright, shiny versions, without the so-called non-stick coatings. Scratching isn't a problem, because there's nothing to scratch. We've found that only "non-stick" cookie sheets, of anybody's brand, easily scratch.
Also, if you use insulated cookie sheets, do not allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet. The insulation holds the heat, causing the cookies to continue cooking, often over-cooking, if they're left on the sheet. Transfer them to a wire rack, as soon as possible. Then, cool the cookie sheets, before reusing them. Adding cold dough, to a hot cookie sheet, is not good for the cookies. You can quickly cool insulated cookie sheets, by running the back side under cold water or spraying the back side, with your kitchen sink spray attachment.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Bakers Secret, January 12, 2011
This review is from: AirBake Natural Cookie Sheet, 20 x 15.5 in (Kitchen)
I've owned this pan for about 8 years. Mine was warped and worn out. I ordered 2 of these new pans through Amazaon to replace my worn down old one. The new ones arrived packaged well and unblemished. They have a dimple design on the bottom which is a improvement over the old design. I've used mine several times since Christmas and they yield superb results. I always line my cookie sheets with parchment paper. This will greatly extend the life of the pan and ensure no accidental sticking. They are a large size that fits and fills both oven racks perfectly. No more wasted space in the oven with undersized cookie sheets! You'll save time baking on these pans that offer so much space. Always be sure to stand them at a angle when dying (one corner pointing directly down) so all the water from hand washing drains out thoroughly. They will not fit in the dishwasher, but it's easy and more gentle to hand wash them anyways. Be sure not to sit anything heavy on the pans or they will warp due to the weight. I hope you love using your cookie sheet as much as I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars I *love* my airbake (for most things)!, November 26, 2005
Amazon Customer (Gulf Coast Texas) - See all my reviews
Another point of view on Airbake baking sheets...

I do a TON of Christmas cookie baking for 'treat trays'. After trying my first Airbake sheet, I built my supply up to eight of them! Here are some things to consider:

*They work best on cookies with high shortening or butter content. Peanut butter, choco chip, Russian teacakes, all come out perfectly on these pans. DO NOT GREASE THE PANS. The pans do not handle biscuits (for example) well.

*You may have to increase the baking time (don't increase temp with a conventional oven)slightly when using Airbake.

*Never ever ever put the pans in your sink to wash. If they get water in them, the air compartment is destroyed. I usually wash mine (they clean up in a flash with rarely a need to use a scrubber) with just a dishcloth in the 'empty' sink compartment. To get them cooled off in a hurry (yes, I run out even with eight of them), just dry them off and stick them in the freezer for a few minutes.

*Mine have some scratches on them from use and stacking. It doesn't affect their performance at all.

*I just got a convection oven, and don't know how they'll perform in there (I chickened out & used the conventional bake on my first baking effort). I sent an email to Wearever, and within an hour got a reply: 'Our Airbake products are safe to use in a convection oven. However, you may find that you will need to adjust the cooking temperature by increasing it 10-25 degrees depending on what you are cooking.'

Treat the baking sheets with care, and you may find they're the FIRST sheets you reach for. Oh, and I won't make cakes or brownies in anything BUT my (5) airbake cake pans - they're sooooooooo much more moist!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 11, 2007
This review is from: AirBake Natural Cookie Sheet, 20 x 15.5 in (Kitchen)
The airbake works very well, there aren't any hot spots and cookies turn out great. The size is perfect, and shortens the time baking. The items were packaged well with no damage upon delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine two-loaf solution, January 10, 2010
This review is from: AirBake Natural Cookie Sheet, 20 x 15.5 in (Kitchen)
I am a baker of artican breads. For convenience in mixing dough I usually end up baking two round artisan loaves at a time and have had problems with too-small, insulated baking sheets. For years I have overlapped two smaller cookie-type sheets. That worked but it meant that one of the loaves had to be baked right over the step where the top sheet ended. The Airbake Mega product solved the problem beautifully. Now both loaves have flat bottoms. It is big enough for two loaves but not so big that air circulation is blocked. A perfect solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still LOVE this pan after years of use!, June 7, 2010
This review is from: AirBake Natural Cookie Sheet, 20 x 15.5 in (Kitchen)
This is an awesome pan! I bake a lot around the holidays, especially, and I love that I can typically bake a minimum of 18 cookies on these huge pans. They are big, but they fit perfectly fine in my standard 30" oven range. Even though this is not non-stick, it's a great pan and I highly recommend it for any/all bakers out there. (I also have this pan in nonstick, but it doesn't appear to be available on Amazon any longer.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful!, December 10, 2012
This review is from: AirBake Natural Cookie Sheet, 20 x 15.5 in (Kitchen)

I have two issues with the pans so far. First, they emit an odd chemical odor once hot that I've never noticed with any other bakeware. Second, after two days of very light use - a few batches of cookies - the seal at the bottom has somehow opened. It could be that I got them from the merchant this way (Bed Bath & Beyond - $14.99 each - sorry Amazon, but they were going to take 4 days even with Prime to get them because it was Friday morning and they weren't going to ship until Monday), but I'm really disappointed a brand new pan will now get water trapped between the two layers every time I hand wash them, which means I'll need to bake them in the oven @ 250 degrees for 20 minutes. This was one of the reason I replaced my old pans, as this was starting to happen regularly.

Lastly, these sheets are big - and they could present a washing problem for anyone who doesn't have a large sink - or a storage problem, as I have only one cabinet these will fit into. It is convenient to have one large baking sheet instead of the large and small sized sheets placed very carefully next to one another on the oven rack (I fill only one oven rack at a time to ensure even baking) - the but cookie sheets are so large they are a bit cumbersome to wash and store.

I like these cookie sheets except for the odd chemical odor - and I wish I'd stuck with the standard size sheets.

5.0 out of 5 stars The one that looks and performs like new says "AirBake" on the back, October 25, 2014
This review is from: AirBake Natural Cookie Sheet, 20 x 15.5 in (Kitchen)
I have two 'airbake' cookie sheets that were given to me when I got my first apartment years ago. I was told they were AirBake and assumed they were both the same. Over the years, one of the cookie sheets has worn really noticeably and everything sticks. It's almost impossible to get the brown gunk off. The other looks brand new. They have been used the same number of times, as I use both each time I make cookies. They have also been washed and cared for the same exact way.

When I went to order another pan to replace the browned one that sticks, I discovered they are not actually the same pans! The one that looks and performs like new says "AirBake" on the back. It has evenly-spaced, little round indentations over the surface of the back. The one that I'm going to throw out says "WearEver" and has fewer oblong-shaped indentations. It seems so obvious now how different they really are!

I'll be sticking with the real AirBake sheets from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baking sheet ever!, January 23, 2012
This review is from: AirBake Natural Cookie Sheet, 20 x 15.5 in (Kitchen)
I have been using this cookie sheet for about 2-3 years now and it is perfect. It does not have a non-stick coating, yet nothing I have baked on it has stuck on it, and everything has been easy to wash off. This mega sheet is great because it can not only hold lots of cookies, but it is large enough to cook a frozen pizza on (despite those directions that say to just place it directly on the wire rack in the over, what a mess that would make!).
The double later with air in between really does keep the bottom of cookies from browning, and I have even noticed that they are also softer. So if you are looking to get this for cookies and you like them crispy, this is probably not the pan for you.
I would recommend this sheet to anyone who uses their oven! The item is great, price is decent and it lasts forever! I was actually at the item looking to by more and decided to put my 2 cents in and review it so that hopefully more people can enjoy oven baking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, cookies and biscuits that aren't HARD, November 19, 2007
This pan does what it promises, even for those of us with finicky ovens. Cookies and biscuits no longer come out scorched on the bottom. Instead, tops and bottoms are both a delicious golden brown. This pan won't save you from overbaking, but it will make a real difference if you time the recipe properly.

AirBake Natural Cookie Sheet, 20 x 15.5 in
$16.49 $14.89
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.