Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.12 shipping
AirLink101 AWLL5088 Wireless N 150 Ultra Mini USB Adapter
|Price:||$22.61 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Based on Wireless N technology, upto 3 times faster than 80211g WPA2, WPA, and WEP enhanced wireless security provide fully protection for your network
- The smallest USB adapter: Super mini size and compact design for greater flexibility Fully compatible with 80211b/g/n network devices
- Frequency Band: 24GHz Standards: IEEE 80211n; IEEE 80211b; 80211g Interface: USB 20/USB 11 Data Rate: Transmitting - Upto 150Mbps; Receiving - Upto 150Mbps
- Security: WPA2/WPA-PSK (TKIP & AES); WEP 64/128-bit; 8021x Antenna Type: Built-in 1 chip antenna
- LEDs: Link/Power Quality of Service: WMM Certification: FCC, CE
- Based on Wireless N technology, upto 3 times faster than 802.11g WPA2, WPA, and WEP enhanced wireless security provide fully protection for your network
- The smallest USB adapter: Super mini size and compact design for greater flexibility Fully compatible with 802.11b/g/n network devices
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First off, the driver that comes with the USB adapter SUCKS. The two adapters I purchased were both used on Windows 7 x64 desktops. While Windows 7 easily detected the device and installed drivers for it, the stock drivers made for a very difficult time getting a reliable connection to the network. The drivers found on the included CD were no better.
Turns out you need to download the RealTek drivers for the 802.11b/g/n Single Chip RTL8188CUS chipset from RealTek's website, as this AirLink adapter uses the RealTek chipset. Once I installed that driver on both desktop computers, my signal strength was much higher and did not drop a connection. Surfing the net was every bit as fast as my wireless-G connections (as expected), and intranet transfers were very quick.
I imagine that many reviewers who gave bad reviews for this adapter did not attempt to update the drivers for it. To really give this adapter a fair shake, do yourself a favor and use the RealTek drivers to avoid headaches or unneeded returns. I'm using this adapter with an Asus RT-N16 router--one computer is about 40 feet away (through two rooms), and the other computer is 2 floors upstairs on the other side of the house, neither are showing signal issues.
So far this is 5-star wireless-N adapter... my only knock is that I just wish the included drivers were a little better for easier setup.
Installation was normal- installed it on a low-end Compaq laptop running 2GB RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate. Put it in the USB port, popped the CD in when Windows asked for a driver and it did it's thing.
The reviewer that reported a poor speed hopefully got one from a bad batch, because mine was right at 150Mbps when one wall away, and fluctuated between 54-105 when three walls away. Throughput was a steady 20Mbps or more [this is file transfer speed, etc., a different spec than connection speed]. I was completely satisfied and do was my client. I just ordered another for a Sony laptop with Windows XP, I'll post another review or edit this one later on.
the transmission speed works best when the router is set for full wireless n mode (some routers have a mixed mode). it connected in this mode, but the speed was half its max. setting the router to full wireless n resulted in full speed on the adapter side. other than that, it really works great. our internal connection to our network drive is much faster (transferred a 600MB movie in about 2.5 min, which used to take 5-6 min. the range has also improved (through 2 walls, i was still at 80% strength and 120 speed).
would def recommend.
1) Navigate to the Realtek website.
2) Click on the Downloads tab
3) In the Search Bar type: RTL8188CUS
4) In the next window that appears, click on: >> RTL8188CUS (Software)... (this takes you to the - Software: Drivers & Utilities section.)
5) Scroll down until you locate the heading: RTL8188CUS
6) Under RTL8188CUS, located the description field that says: Utility and Driver Auto Installation Program (Support XP/Vista/Win7)(Install Shield v1.00.0182) (you don't want OmniPeek)
7) Click on one of the download sites of your choice... and save the download (zip file) to your computer.
NOTE: The Realtek download includes a setup utility that includes a bunch of other stuff not really needed (all you really need is the driver. Just unzip the file you just downloaded
and locate the folder titled 88_92_CU_Driver.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Did work, even after following all instructions and even getting a tech guy to install it for me.Published 1 month ago by JD
Those are amazigly easy to use, small form factor allows to put anywhere. I have bought 3 of those and used over the years, with 100% success, on newer and older desktops, laptops. Read morePublished 6 months ago by DenV
Love the low profile! I have had this for years and it continues to work great! I have had some connection issues rarely and I just unplug it and plug it back in and it fixes the... Read morePublished 6 months ago by ScottFam
Great Buy! But you need to be some what close in order to get a really good signal.Published 7 months ago by Jamesdeal
I've used this low cost device to make my PC Wi-Fi compatible, and it has done a great job for about 5 years now. Never had to mess with it.Published 7 months ago by Wombat