5.0 out of 5 stars Spray Booth
Published 22 months ago by hotwhelrob

Easy to set up but works better if you apply tape to all the joints to make them air tight. This makes it impossible to fold the unit up, but I was not too concerned about that feature.
The Gray Plastic Parts are NOT impervious to Solvent. I covered the work area surfaces with self adhesive vinyl shelf paper to protect them.
The Translucent Plastic Parts are...
Published 21 months ago by Chuck314D

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Spray Booth, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Airbrush Spray Booth Kit Paint Craft Odor Extractory Hobby Spray Booth (Baby Product)
After using this booth now for several hours I still can't believe the cost was so low. It works great and would recommend it to anyone who wants a small portable unit. I use it in the house with the vent out the window and no fumes are in the room. Great for airbrushing models. I have used both acrylic and enamels. One tip I did come across is to coat the inside with car wax before you use it for the first time. This makes clean up much easier. Also when it comes time to replace the filter it is easy to cut your own from larger ones from the home center.

3.0 out of 5 stars Airbrush Spray Booth Kit Paint Craft Odor Extractory Hobby Spray Booth Review., October 19, 2012
The Translucent Plastic Parts are made of a type of plastic that will crack if stressed. I observed cracks in several of the hinge areas. I think it would be better if these parts were made of a different grade of plastic, maybe the type used to make those storage tubs would be less prone to cracking. Just a thought.
Other than these issues, the unit works very well for painting plastic model kits. I bought it mainly due to the low price and the fact that the hose can be placed in an open window and does not require you to install a clothes drier vent through the wall.
I am happy with it despite the problems I mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent unit, works perfectly, January 26, 2013
I was spraying Tamiya spray cans and airbrushing lacquer paints, with a weak air purifier and window open. After an entire day of this, I developed a bad cough and fever. I decided to randomly search for a spray booth on Amazon and stumbled upon this by accident. I decided to buy it after doing some small research.

Couple days later, it arrived and I immediately tried using it. It came with a hose which stretches out long enough for it to reach my window. It's also fairly flexible. The unit is labeled MASTER on the side, no doubt from the seller that shipped my unit. There are very slight differences between units shipped from different sellers - mainly being different fans. This one has a brushless DC fan, that blows slightly more air than other units. The air current is strong, when I tried stretching the hose to it's maximum length, the air still reaches to the end and was strong enough to move my hair.

The unit is not very noisy, although if you turn it on in a room you'll hear a very, very light humming/whirring sound in another room, like someone turned on a vacuum cleaner. The one I got from Master does not have a retractable cable on the side, instead coming with an AC adapter which plugs in next to the power switch, which is slightly inconvenient.

It came with a spinning round stand, which I only use to hold my block of foam where all my parts are stuck into. A nice addition.

I've been using this unit daily for almost 2 weeks now, and it works just as you'd expect it to. When spraying without this, the fumes get everywhere and spread quickly through the room. With this, you can have someone standing next to you and they MIGHT get a quick wiff of the fumes before it's gone. I'd still recommend wearing a respirator if you're the one spraying however.

When researching this unit, you'll see people saying not to use solvent based paint with this (like lacquers) because of the fan possibly exploding. Well, it's not going to explode. It's unlikely ever going to, unless I blow it up on purpose. I've been using lacquers and spray cans nonstop with this and it's taken everything out fine. I think the filters work too - when I rub my hand on it, I can remove some of the paint particles like dust.

Overall I'd highly recommend this unit if you work with small to medium sized model kits. You can buy a second unit and attach it to this if you work with very large kits, however I primarily work with Gundam so I won't ever need to, but the option is there. For the price, it's hard to beat, and I think everyone that is starting to paint kits seriously should get this, if not an extremely expensive setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price!, December 23, 2012
I use this in my not so big work shop. My little model workshop (I call it) is located in my garage I can keep the door to the room closed if I want to (now) since I bought this spray booth. I vented it through the wall out into the garage. Dose the job I bought it for very nicely. I saw other spray booths that looked the same but cost much more. Glad I bought it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great booth at a Nice Price, November 28, 2013
T. Rainman (East Haddam, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best hobby purchases I have ever made. It is large enough to hold most models (I have yet to want to paint something I couldn't fit in it), and the fact that it folds up for storage is a great bonus. I use it exclusively for airbrushing with acrylic paints, and the airflow is sufficient to pull the overspray back and trap it in the filter. There are some gaps in the walls when assembled, but they can be closed with masking tape easily enough (I don't bother, because it's never been a problem for me). I imagine that if you're painting with something that produces a lot of over spray that this booth might not be able to control it, and the exhaust duct provided is too short to be of much use in exhausting solvent vapors to outside (although you could easily extend it with dryer hose), but these are not issues for me. I have found furnace filters that fit into the back as a replacement, and these are much cheaper thannordering replacements from the company. The price is right, too.

3.0 out of 5 stars It Took 3 Weeks To Get One That Worked, January 4, 2014
The first spray booth that I ordered took a week to get to me. It was defective right out of the box. The cord retractor was broken, and the fan, and the power switch was also broken, and did not work. It looked to me as if whoever assembled it broke it when they tried to assemble it at the factory (wherever that is). I emailed the company but didn't get a reply. They don't have a phone number listed so that their customers can call them. I called Amazon and they sent an email to them. The company immediately replied to me, and told me that they would have the defective unit picked up, and a replacement sent out to me as soon as FedEx picked up the defective one. They didn't ship the replacement immediately like they said they would, in fact it took an additional 4 days before they finally did reship the darned thing. All and all it took a total of 3 weeks to get a spray booth that works. I had seen several other models like this one that have an AC/DC adapter instead of a 110 volt power cord, and the 110 cord like this one is what I wanted, that's why I decided to let them replace the defect instead of just refunding my money. I guess the booth is ok, .. it works...but I don't think that its worth what they charge for this imported thing, cheap plastic, and cheap parts, and slack response time. About a year or so ago they sold for half of what they are charging now, and $40.00 is closer to the actual value of what it really is. In closing, if your just messing around at home and airbrushing a model or two occasionally and your on a budget, and money is tight like it is with me, I'd probably buy one. But if I was a serious modeler, and did this for a living, or showed my projects at modeling competitions, I'd either build my own booth, or I'd buy myself a really nice down draft booth from a company that has a phone number, and quick response....Oh and by the way,.. as far as an extended warranty.....There wasn't anything in the box that said anything about any kind of warranty.....whatsoever.

4.0 out of 5 stars A new dimension, June 20, 2013
There is no way you can paint inside your home without this gadget. I have used it several times with great results for enamel and acrylic paints. The filter will become coated in a few (3-6?) uses so beware. I have purchased and cut-to-size filters from Walmart but I haven't used them yet, though I expect fine results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool idea, wish it was a little more convenient for carrying around, April 16, 2013
I purchased this unit for my new Cerakoting process that I now provide for my customers, and I wanted a nice, inexpensive way to get into this service. If you do any sort of airbrushing, spray painting, etc. and want a cleaner way to do it, especially indoors, get this product! It isn't as large as you would think, so you still have to be careful with your spraying technique, but you can easily spray a 10-12" item without too much trouble. The fan motor is noticeable when it's on, and does a decent job of sucking up the overspray into the filter element shown in blue. You can also purchase additional filters, but being cost efficient, I went and bought a few of those big cheap blue home air filters, and cut them to size. I got 12 filters out of each big one, and each big one only cost me a couple dollars. The ductwork is designed to be routed outside and away from your work area, but unless you want to cut a hole in the side of your house or office, that's not practical. You can set this up outside on a workbench though, and just direct the ductwork away from your work area, off to the side, etc. You'll still smell the fumes, especially from spray paint, but the overspray is greatly reduced and particles are pulled into the filter. Still make sure you wear a ventilation mask, and dispose of your filters properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spray booth for the money!, April 13, 2013
I use this spray booth in the spare bedroom of my house. I have used it a dozen times so far and still there is no hint of any paint odor in the room from any of my painting sessions. I did hook up the extension kit to vent any paricles out a window, but the first run with Testors enamel paint yielded no noticeable odor with it venting into the room. The motor is no louder than a good computer fan, so noise isn't an issue when I do any late night painting and the rest of the house is asleep. Great product for any one who likes to airbrush year round.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spray booth, April 4, 2013
Use it with my model building and find it quite adequate. The portability is one of the greatest things about the booth.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›