5.0 out of 5 stars App Discovery
Published on January 5, 2013 by Climbing Fish

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not useful for Kindle users
I installed this app hoping to be able to find apps outside of Amazon to use, but you can still not install apps from Google Play with a Kindle. It will not recongnize the device.
Published 17 months ago by Lexey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars App Discovery, January 5, 2013
This review is from: AppCurl - Search for apps and games (App)
Tried a few products in this category and AppCurl comes across as a clear winner. The search interface is clean and snappy, without the distraction of "Staff Picks" and other sales gimmicks which are not really useful to savvy consumers. It's like going to a clothing store and try stuff on your own, or with someone you know, without being hounded by one of the sales clerks. When was the last time you found it useful when the sales guy goes "Oh, you should try this pair of jeans. It's my favorite, I have two of these." Anyway, I digress.

Finding a useful app is becoming increasingly hard. I like how AppCurl solves this problem by introducing the social networking element. I'd rather get recommendations from people I know or fellow consumers than some random "staff" guy. I strongly recommend AppCurl to anyone who wants to quickly weed through a multitude of apps and hopefully find something that fits your needs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not useful for Kindle users, August 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull app searching app, December 24, 2012
This review is from: AppCurl - Search for apps and games (App)
Appcurl also provides very good filtering based on tags, which is easy to search using kindle fire. Kindle app market is very primitive compared to Appcurl in digging out the right apps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!, January 9, 2013
This review is from: AppCurl - Search for apps and games (App)
The appcurl search is better and gives more relevant results than the default amazon store search. I like how i can follow other users and discover new apps. I have also installed the appcurl app now on my phone from google play. Since it seem to be a fairly new app, i hope they continue to add more features. My feature suggestion : Can you make your app automatically suggest me new users to follow based on the apps that i use?.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, March 28, 2014
This review is from: AppCurl - Search for apps and games (App)
This app lets me see just how many applications are not available for the Kindle HD. It does what it supposed to do

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Hoped, March 10, 2014
This review is from: AppCurl - Search for apps and games (App)
I downloaded this to hopefully correct some of the issues with the App Store on Amazon. If i were rating whether this is Better than the Amazon App store I would give it 5 stars hands down. Amazon seems convinced that all I want to do is play games, watch movies or read. While that is right a lot of the time there are other times I want to get stuff done. So when I am searching for a graphics editor it seems like a bunch of picture and graphics programs would pop up rather than a bunch of movies, games, and magazines and maybe one actual app that is pertinent and has never been the one recommended on the web.

What would I look for to give it a 5 star rating? More information which I am not even sure is available so my request my be impossible.

Tell me where the App is coming from (Amazon, Google or Other). If it is not a Kindle approved app can it be side loaded onto the Kindle or is it a Native Android app only. I must admit that this complaint should really lie with the developers who could include it on their notes more easily than a program could try to track it. Use a better sort. Better than Amazon is not all that much better.

Overall I removed the program because I found it easier to use google searches, look for online recommendations or search the Amazon App store from my computer rather than my device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good App and good attempt to categorize the app for users, December 24, 2012
AppCurl - Dig out cool apps and games

Pros: very good search engine. Very good grouping of apps as multiple sub categories. Very good companion web portal.

Need to improve: UI could have been lighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive, June 17, 2013
This review is from: AppCurl - Search for apps and games (App)
I installed this App on my Samsung Galaxy and can't say enough great things about it. I think it's really cool that search results can be filtered by various controls including, cost, tags or by any random keywords. So helpful!

1.0 out of 5 stars sign in, August 31, 2013
alexandria (BELOIT, WI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AppCurl - Search for apps and games (App)
every time I tried to sign in with my facebook account, it just kept asking me to sign in again. very annoying. will NOT RECOMMEND THIS APP.

2.0 out of 5 stars Still getting FB log in error, February 4, 2013
This review is from: AppCurl - Search for apps and games (App)
I have just downloaded appcurl tonight. I loved the thought of a simpler way of finding apps I want. After reading all these reviews, I apparently have a bad version or my kindle fire hates me. I got it for my birthday this week. Please help? I would really like to use this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›