4.0 out of 5 stars airport mania 2

Published on January 22, 2011 by Rae

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars airport mania 2, April 23, 2011
adkad (Littleton, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips - Standard Edition [Download] (Software Download)
I love airplane controller games of all sorts so I though I would give this a try. It is a bit silly at first but soon became fun and addictive. I had trouble with installation and customer service worked hard with me at fixing it-going so far as to create my own build for the game. This I found especially helpful and beyond the call of duty. All in all a fun game easy to learn and great customer service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Kind of boring, January 22, 2011
Rae (CO, United States) - See all my reviews
I loved the first game and waited eagerly for the sequel. The first game managed to be very challenging while always feeling fun and lighthearted. There was a lot going on in most levels, so you had to keep on your toes and really pay attention. I haven't found that in this one. The stages are charming, which in the early stages helped to retain some of the lighthearted feel of the original, and the backgrounds are somewhat more interactive, but in this one, gameplay is sadly lacking. It's neither challenging (I'm halfway through stage seven (of nine) and have yet to need to restart a level to get a "perfect" three star score ([I have mostly four stars, though I haven't figured out exactly what the criteria are for earning the extra credit star]) nor fun.

The designers seem to have had only two strategies for adding challenge, which they implement in level after plodding level: 1) dump a bunch of planes of the same color on the ground all at the same time or 2) space the planes so far apart that it's nearly impossible to make runway combos. The planes rarely require services (so if you try to maintain gate color combos, you have planes waiting and waiting and waiting while the ones that got there first unload then reload passengers). When they do, they almost never need more than one service. Fuel OR repair OR cargo. Occasionally, one will get daring and need both cargo and fuel. You pretty much never have a queue of planes waiting for services. The only time I've seen a lot of planes asking for service at the same time is when one of the bonus activities is going on (like the helicopter). Dirty planes can be washed to improve their mood or keep them busy, but it's not a required and doesn't significantly impact your score. Level after level the game really is get a plane down, park it, let it wait for a gate, send it back off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ilove games, April 16, 2012
I purchased this game after my sister informed me about how much fun this was. I truly love this game, Play it every single day.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Standard Of Excellence, March 4, 2011
This is a great game.
It has a very colorful , uniquely styled cartoon atmosphere.
The sound track is pleasant enough to leave on , and the voices of the planes are cute, but, cool.
The game tasks you to assume the role of an air-traffic controller using simple commands, directions and q'ing.
The more profficiently you perform these tasks the higher your score tier.
The difficulty level comes in the form of trying to achieve various score-tier appointed titles.
If you are satisfied to simply progress thru the game you can enjoy a relaxed pace and attempt to attain "Master or Supreme" score-tiers.
If you want a greater challenge you can attempt to get the blisteringly difficult "Perfect Score" on each of the 100 or so levels.
This game would be fun for anyone from age 8 to age 108 and up.

Reflexive is a great company.

I wish more people would support them. They need it.

I would love to see what Reflexive could do with the budget some of the more popular fighting games you see on Xbox 360 have.

Reflexive makes the kind of games that I want to see my kids playing.

If the last generation had the influence of a company like Reflexive we would not have as many "pirates" out there today.

This is the kind of company I trust inside my kids minds.

Ever since Reflexive has come into being they have set and upheld a very high standard for games and for content.

It broke my heart when I saw that thier site was ............downsized.

Thanks for ANOTHER great game Reflexive !

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop playing, April 30, 2014
BlackSheepofChaplin (Connecticut - The unConstitution State) - See all my reviews
If you are obsessive-compulsive, this game is for you. Only fault is that I usually play it for a week straight, beat it, then I'm done. It needs more dimensions. Otherwise: LOVE IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, April 22, 2014
I played this game tirelessly for weeks after I received it; the newness has worn off, but I still enjoy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Download had virus, March 2, 2014
Downloaded ok , but I could not install on my computer since the antivirus software detected malicious software. AVG found Win32/heur and could not fix it in workable condition

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, August 25, 2013
have enjoyed playing this game. Some levels are very challenging. Great game with lots of levels Recommend it for all ages

4.0 out of 5 stars Airport Mania 2, May 15, 2013
I got hooked on this game after playing it online. I have completed all the levels but still find it challenging to get all the awards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and fun!, April 29, 2013
I absolutely love time management games. I play them over and over again. This game does not disappointment just wish they would create some new ones! Keep your colors separate as you progress in the game. Rock on fellow TM players :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›