Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 11, 2001
Stunning! Sound is unreal for such a small system! Not only that, but it is definitly a stylish addition to a dorm or bachelor pad! Change the LCD color at your convenience. A must own. Only thing I am sorry about is the fact I didn't wait for the MP3 CD player version of this system coming out in Late Aug.
on October 27, 2001
Sound quality perfection is what simply describes this sleek work of audio art. The bass and treble compliment each other perfectly; the treble is crystal clear, not brittle, and the bass is smooth and even, not muddy. You can adjust the tone of your tunes with your fingertips upon a 3-finger rotating switch located on the right side; amongst your choices are jazz, rock, pop, etc. For me, the rock tone is my number one favorite; it perfectly compliments any type of music, with its warm overtones of beautiful, rich bass. Plus, the 3 CD changer makes listening enjoyment all the more comfortable. You certainly won't be disappointed!!
on August 6, 2001
The preceding review pretty much sums up my thoughts on this shelf sterio. But here are its few MINOR faults for you to be aware of befor buying: First, the CD tray makes noise and takes time switching already loaded CDs, so that playing tracks from multiple CDs randomly is loudly interrupted between tracks. Next, the remote is extreamly un-intuitive. The buttons are illiogically arranged horrizotally, making this remote take longer than the few moments it should take to get used to. Many commenly used functions require a you to press a shift key. So those are the only complaints, meaning the sterio is obviousely terrific for the money...
on August 5, 2001
the system has great sound ... it's compact & looks great in any room without being an eye sore like some of the other systems. It has clean lines. It has some really neat features like the slide up window on the front, changing the colors, love the shuffel feature. Someone who is really into bass, sounds etc would love this because you can mess with all that stuff. :) Very worth the price.
on December 17, 2001
I am a budding audiophile and was looking for a bedroom portable stereo to compliment my "true" HI-FI (Krell, B&W, Sonic Frontiers, etc). Checked many systems and generally found the expected results: too much attention to looks and exterior design, pretty mediocore sound quality.
It seems that Aiwa XS-G3 will not win any looks awards; however, the sound quality is amazing for a system of this size and price. I already listened to all kinds of music on it: jazz, classical, new age and rock and I am still very impressed. Despite relatively low SNR for a HI-FI (86 dB) , this systems overall sounds better than many others x10 in price.
The user interface is so-so and the remote is nothing to write home about, as other reviewers pointed out. However, if you are looking for the best sound quality in a small system, I think that Aiwa XS-G3 is a true winner.
Other manufacturers checked: Sony, JVC (too bad the FS-5000 seems to be discontinued), Sharp.
on December 10, 2001
We bought this shelf system for our living room and are very happy with it. It's features include a 3 disc CD changer, cassette deck, tuner and an input channel which you can use to play stereo sound from you TV. The system produces very good sound quality and uses two proprietary enhancement methods for extra bass and less noise. The tuner searches automatically for stations and can memorize 15 stations.
Operating the system is relatively easy with some exceptions - you need the remote in order to operate the CD player functions and the remote requires a rather direct aim at the set, the buttons are also somewhat randomly placed on both the remote and the set. Finally, skipping to a track takes a while and the set does not respond very well to shocks (when the kid jumps harder on the floor next to the set it sometimes skips a little - I guess hhe's grown). Other than those minor complains - we love it.
This is obviously not a home theatre system but if you are looking for a good practical sound system this is an excelent coice. It also looks pretty good- the front is sort of curvy and the blue glowing front panel gives it a pretty sleek look.
on January 1, 2002
i've always wanted an aiwa shelf system and this christmas i finally got one. this thing is great! the prominent speakers blast a quality of sound that my deprived ears just aren't used to in a personal stereo. there are a million settings and fun ways to play with this new toy - the motorized window panel being a favorite - although the somewhat confusing remote control can take a while to get accustomed to.. another tiny complaint is that the cd tray makes a noise louder than preferable when switching discs. but overall, i love this unit. it all fits on one shelf, has exceptional sound and performs better than far more expensive competitors.
on December 8, 2001
The XS-G3 is definately the best system in its price range. I've listened to others, and they just don't compare in sound quality. For you audiophiles, this thing has very low THD, only .08%. Others in this price range are mostly around 10%. In other words, your getting hi-fi sound at an incredible price. One great feature it has is auto shut off. The only thing that is annoying is the remote control. It takes time getting familiar with it's functions. The speakers sound great, but are a bit bulky compared to the main unit. Overall, it looks cool and sounds great! I'd recommend it to anyone.
on January 17, 2002
I don't know what cd's all the other reviewers were listening too, but when I heard mine on this stereo, sometimes I had to turn it off. Some instruments just sound awful on this system, distortion you wouldn't get in any old boom box. Some acoustic guitars, some pianos even. Pianos! How do you make a piano sound bad? This stereo manages to do it. Most songs will sound good, but there are songs on all of my cd's that will be distorted on this stereo. Radiohead fan? Amnesiac and The Bends are static-y. The piano in "You and Whose Army" is scratchy all the way through. Just an example of what you can expect from this one. I don't know about watts or anything, but if that's the case, then go for one with more than 120, like this one. Way more.
on July 2, 2011
My girlfriend bought the Stereo System, but as I have to listen to it in our livingroom, I would like to share my thoughts I collected over the years in keywords:

Sound: ok for the provided speakers, but my old Philips FT 930 Amp (a mid-prize-ranged hi-fi component system from 1991) lets the Aiwa XS-G3 look pretty lame by comparison. Not to mention my Grado SR 80i-Headphones which alone are the same prize as the whole stereo system ; )

Handling: Maybe our remote control is faulty, or the sensor is really that crappy. In each case I have to aim at the IR-Receiver of the Aiwa exactly to get a response of the system.

The CD-Changer reacts slowly, a change from one CD to another lasts about fifteen seconds. Enough time to create an aggravating silence between two people having their first dinner at one's home together ; )

robustness: it earns a large PLUS here, considering that the stereo plays for about seven years now without a single repair.

Conclusion: Maybe right for its money, but I cannot recommend it.