From the Back Cover
Welcome to the only guidebook series that takes a visual approach to professional-level computer topics. Open the book and you'll discover step-by-step screen shots that demonstrate over 150 key Ajax techniques, including:
- Downloading data from behind the scenes
- Enabling real-time live searches
- Playing games that use Ajax
- Populating pop-up menus
- Handling menus, colors, and backgrounds
- Creating interactive mouseovers
- Updating shopping carts
- Installing Ajax frameworks
- Validating XML from the server
- Enabling auto-completion of typed terms
- Downloading images behind the scenes
"I just purchased my third Visual book (my first two are dog-eared now!) and, once again, your product has surpassed my expectations. Keep up the wonderful work!"
Tracey Moore (Memphis, TN)
- High-resolution screen shots demonstrate each task
- Succinct explanations walk you through step by step
- Two-page lessons break big topics into bite-sized modules
- "Apply It" and "Extra" sidebars highlight useful tips
About the Author
Steven Holzner Ph.D.
(Ithaca, New York) is the author of 100 technology books, including bestsellers such as Ajax for Dummies
, and was on the faculty at Cornell University and MIT.