5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing artist!
Published on March 23, 2006 by John W. Brandkamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure
When I originally heard this girls story, I was impressed. Now I have heard it is a scam and really do not know what to believe. Her drawings of Jesus are wonderful, but some of her others are questionable and I do not get her poetry at all.
Published 10 months ago by joio

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing artist!, March 23, 2006
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
Akiane Kramarik has captured my coworkers and myself at our bookstore from the first moment we saw her book. The imagery is stunning and quite evocative. She is clearly mystically inclined and is hard to understand at times. Her mother's story of her young life, from birth to eleven years old, is compelling, even if not very professional. She's a mom and not a professional writer after all. The poems are breathtaking and profound, taking several readings to begin to "get" them. Though I suspect that if Akiane has gotten these from God, then they may not be "gotten" until we share her heavenly perspective. It seems that she is a prophet of sorts. We'll have to await what comes to pass in the coming years to see if she is really of God or not. One thing is for certain however, and that is her talent. Whether it's her painting, sketching, or poetry, it's no overstatement to call her a genius. I just hope she can stay humble in such an environment. I look forward to what her future will bring to us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another review, February 12, 2007
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
This is a great thing to see. We are seeing someone who is born with this talent and we get to see her progress with this. I think people get caught up in the "Christian" aspect of it and seem to be negative about her.

What is she? She's an 11 year old who paints what she sees in her mind. Does it matter if it not stylized as people think it should be? Again, when you hear this artist talk, she paints her dreams and what she sees in her mind. I think that's true of a lot of artists.

And for the people who are negative about her, it has drawn their attention too.

Is this artist looking to be taken seriously in the "art world?" It does not seem that way. This artist is painting what she wants to paint and seems to love it.

Children, even those called "prodigies", have something to teach us and we put them off because they're "just kids."

I love this and take it for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry, June 30, 2006
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
A truly inspirational book! A young girl with a beautiful spirit and blessed with amazing gifts from God. I have shown this book to all my friends and they too are inspired by Akiane's story, art and poetry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, March 20, 2007
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
The story of this young artist is told by her mother. I love the fact that the Mother even voices the doubts she had at first about what her daughter was experiencing. As you see the pictures you realize why even her former atheist mother had to acknowledge that Akiane has a God given talent! The pictures this girl has painted are truly amazing. Although I am much more of a classical poetry buff, the poetry this girl has produced is unbelievable for a child so young. Truly an inspiring story and collection of pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars "I belong to God", August 4, 2006
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
This is a inspiring biography of a young girl that God has chosen to share His message of hope and love through. Her gifts of painting and poetry tell the true story of Christ and His peace & love for all people and all nations. Her wisdom and creativity could only have come from God. If you don't believe Akiane, belive her art and poems. You will be filled with wonder & hope after reading her story.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a story!, January 22, 2007
sassyD (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
This girl blew me away! what an amazing little girl with an extraordinary talent. I bought this book to have Akiane's paintings in print (as opposed to just viewing them on her website) but to have her short biography (written by her mother) as well was a bonus. I actually bought two copies of this book-- one to keep and one to circulate among my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a delight!, August 30, 2006
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
To view the artistic talent of this amazing young lady is in itself a great pleasure, but to read her story, her rapport with God, to know that these parents have been stewards of such a great gift in such a way that Akiane remains humble and focused ... This lady and this book are simply one of the most enjoyable experiences in my life, and a bargain at this price, a temptation to send lots of gifts so that others can also enjoy this young lady's wonderful gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Akiane!, January 18, 2007
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
We purchased Akiane's book for everyone in our family! Her work is so inspiring. If I had a million dollars, I'd give it to her for one of her paintings. She truly has a gift from God. Her work at age 11 looks like it is from a very mature artist with decades of experience. I highly recommend her book to all!

5.0 out of 5 stars An captivating look into the life of this amazing young girl...., June 24, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
This book is beatifuly put together, showcasing both akianes art and poetry. Whether or not you are an ongoing fan of akiane's work, or whether or not you are a christian you will come away with the feeling that this amazing young girl has made her mission to share with everyone who hears her story: the faith that there is indeed a higher power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, January 18, 2007
This review is from: Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry (Hardcover)
This was an amazing book, what an inspiration! I think most anyone would enjoy this book.

Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry
Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry by Bruce Larson (Hardcover - March 7, 2006)
$19.99 $13.17