Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Akribos Xxiv Men's Saturnos Skeleton White Dial Automatic Black Leather Strap Watch Ak410wt
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 30, 2012
I purchased this watch for my husband for Christmas last year. It was stunning, and he was constantly getting compliments, The price seemed too good to be true, and after 10 months of gentle wear, I can assure you that it was. The winder no longer works, The silver tone turned brassy in just a few months. I had the company replace it once because the hands stopped moving altogether, even though the watch was (at that time) still winding. The replacement was not any better. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money on a skeleton watch that will really hold up.
on February 6, 2014
I bought this watch because it is beautiful and had a great price. Unfortunately, it does not keep good time. I had thought that it was self-winding, but this does not seem to be the case at all. Even when wound fully by hand it slows down or stops during the course of a normal days wear.

I haven't contacted the seller yet, so it may be resolved with a replacement. Admittedly, I did not read the reviews before I purchased the watch. I wish that I had, as I might not have ordered it.
on June 9, 2012
I did not buy it from Amazon.com, but just wanted to contribute my two cents.
The watch is just simple gorgeous. Looks and feels well made. The model I purchased seems to have been refurbished because of some marks in the hands. So I guess the issue of the loose hands issue has been addressed in some cases. I don't mind the tiny marks as long as the watch is working. Mine is. The time in mine is accurate. For the price, if any issues were addressed, this is hands down one of my favorite watches. For the price I see it being sold, it is surely an incredible value if you get a working one. Parts and labor of putting a watch like this surely exceeds the selling price. I think that some flaws forced the manufacturer to liquidate them at a huge loss. I have sent old Swiss watches to fix to close friend, a Swiss watch Master at the Jewelry district in Los Angeles, that gives me the lowest prices and the cheapest fix was more expensive than the cost of this watch. I took the chance, got a good one and love it dearly. Reminds me of an ORIS and feels like one. BTW 1 ATM equals around 10 Meters water resistance.
on May 27, 2013
I would just like to take a moment to inform potential buyers of an issue I had. Firstly, I would like to say that Timezone123 has good customer service and they WILL work with you if something goes amiss. That being said, when I ordered this watch I had done a fair amount of previous research on the watch itself; how it works what the movement looks like and other aesthetics. Originally, I was very satisfied with the delivery, presentation and overall look of the timepiece. However, upon closer inspection of individual components I found that the watch was either a fake or that, as the seller told me, the manufacturer (Akribos) had altered the design.

The most notable alterations were as follows: the pictures provided by Timezone123 included intricacies on the skeleton movement itself front and back, yellow components of the movement and a semi circular auto-rotor (which winds the watch using natural wrist motion). The watch I received had none of these features, in fact, the only parts of the watch that looked similar to the pictures were the band, the outside case and the face with the numbers. The explanation I received was that the pictures were what Akribos provided them.

In conclusion, the seller might want to take new pictures so that they are not advertising an item that looks nothing like the product they are selling. Again, good customer service, was easy to return.
on December 18, 2012
This watch is beautiful and that is where it stops unfortunately. Has trouble keeping time even when it is wound completely. If you keep the watch on all the time (even when you sleep) it is less likely to stop. Although it is water proof taking it off during shower or bath might be a gold idea.
on August 7, 2015
I made this purchased back in 2012 on Amazon. It is now close to 3 years, the watch runs greats and I've replaced the cheap band with a nato strap.

Would be 4.5 stars if the band was better.

Not sure if other people received faulty watches.
I have ordered many watches online and I can assure you that you may find faulty watches.
For example, I ordered 3 watches from the same person and only one of them worked well. The other two, I had to repair them.

Just a warning: the dial window is rounded and when viewed from the side, the view is obscured. When looking down on the watch while wearing it on the wrist, it is perfectly clear.
review image review image review image
on January 13, 2014
I had a few reservations after reading other reviews but I liked the design... the watch is fine when being worn (besides a couple of times when I adjusted the time that the watch stopped working) for me the big issue is that the power reserve is 3-4hrs at most, I can handle the cheaper fit and finish to hit the price-point but I wear the watch all day while constantly moving and the watch dies each night around 3-4am - I own 3 other automatics (admittedly only 1 is of a similar price-point to this) and they all have 10hr+ power reserve which means I can go to bed and when I wake up I don't need to wind the watch forward every single day.
on March 8, 2012
I picked this watch up for as a gift for my Father-In-Law since I thought that the idea of not having to change the battery ever would appeal to him. I have a pretty extensive collection of watches myself half of which consist of high quality automatic skeleton watches. In the past I have shied away from Akribos since I felt that the quality and craftsmanship are not up to par with some of their competitors such as Stuhrling which make watches in similar price ranges but are still not up to spech with watch makers such as Xetum but make nice timepieces nonetheless. I purchased an Akribos for myself a couple years ago only to return it the following day as the crown separated from the case upon adjusting the time which is something done more frequently and that is much more common when owning an automatic watch in comparison to a quartz movement that will run until the batteries die. I was shocked but not all that surprised considering the price I paid for the watch at the time.
Seeing this particular watch, the contrast between the face and hands plus the automatic, skeleton design made it very appealing and it has the look of a much more expensive and sophisticated piece. I put the watch through a good standard test before purchasing checking the time for a minute against my Xetum, checking the crown and ensuring it was secure as well as looking at the space between the crystal and the bezel to make sure the seam was consistent in build. The crown when winding does not feel as well seated though in comparison to the majority of my other automatics so I am not sure how long it will last. Surprisingly the watch was built with precision and I am considering an Akribos for myself now as a watch to wear on a more daily basis when working around the house.
The only thing I must add is that I have always found Akribos leather straps to be a tad stiff and not all that comfortable to the touch. I have never worn one though so the strap may break-in well.
Overall not a bad timepiece and I give it three stars since the design is nice, the watch seems sturdy but I really do feel that the leather could be higher quality and the build could be more solid overall. Considering the price though in conjunction with the overall design aesthetics of this particular watch I would say that this is a good start for a collection.
on April 29, 2013
Water resistant depth is not 99 feet,but 33 feet("1 ATM" marks on the steel back), which is not waterproof.
By the way, the list price is not same with the tag, which is $495.
on December 8, 2013
the watch itself is beautiful and one of the nicest i own. for its price it was a very good buy but i do have some reservations about the quality. the band itself had some peeling on the sides after only a month or two of light use but that did not bother e as much as the fact that it stopped working after a few months. when i called to send it back they were very helpful but you have to pay your own postage.

so overall it was a very nice watch but if you are looking for quality this isnt for you.