Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 10, 2011
I received this watch a fifteen months ago as a gift bought through Amazon. I used it as a special occasion dress watch. I used it three times and it stopped running. I had to send it to them with a ten dollar fee under their warranty. It took eight weeks to get back. I went to use it several month later and it stopped the first time I used it, exactly the same way it stopped before. I contacted their service center they said send it back without the ten dollar fee. I send it, with receipt mail, in June - it is now October and I cannot get any word as to where it is. They don't reply to emails, don't answer their phone and don't return voice mails. The watch is pretty as a picture and just as useful. If I still had it, it would tell me the correct time at least twice a day - I can't even get that from it. Stay away from this company all together.
1010 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2010
For a chinese made mechanical watch in a low budget range it seems to hold its own fairly well. The dial is easily visible with precise, easy to read numbers. Other than a slight misalignment of the 12, 9 and 3 dials for the most part it is perfect.The band is a bit smaller than standard American bands and fairly narrow. The synthetic sapphire also seems to hold true to the name and after a few scrapes into things has been fairly scratch resistant.
It seems to use an unknown Chinese etched cover for the parts that is found in several other brands such as Armitron and Stuhrling (Also owned by the owners of Akribos). This watch mainly has the advantage of the very visible dial when compared to other "generic Chinese skeletons"

However it does have a few flaws

1)The oscillating weight is fairly stiff. It takes quite a bit of force for it to move when compared to other automatic watches. It also makes a fairly audible cranking sound in a quiet room. Sometimes it sounds as if the watch is broken. The escape ticking is also fairly audible, although again it needs to be fairly quiet to be heard.

2)Contrary to what is written in the manual; pulling the crown does not stop the clock, it only allows you to turn the hour/minute wheel, and even they continue moving. At first I thought it was a defect and a quick e-mail to the company was responded to informing me that this is part of the way this model works. This makes it difficult to assess the accuracy of second loss and makes it quite difficult to set the watch without the time being off by 20-40 seconds.

3)Winding this watch can also be an annoyance as the mechanism is quite stiff even when the watch has completely run out of kenetic energy.
44 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2012
First, the quality of the watch is not as presented online. The original price shown was $495, which indicates high quality. I paid $85 which turns out to be significantly more than it is actually worth. Second, the watch does not operate properly, just like the bad reviews on Akribos watches reveals. When I tried to turn the time setting screw/knob, it was difficult to do and you could also feel the lack of quality compared to even inexpensive watches. Moreover, I could not pull out the knob to set the time. Finally, I had difficulty with the auto-wind function and the watch would not keep running smoothly. Clearly, this watch (and probably their other watches) are substandard and overall the product has been misrepresented by the manufacturer. The seller obviously did not make the watch. The bad reviews go back more than two years so it would be difficult to claim a lack of awareness of poor quality and defects right out of the box. Legally, to knowingly misrepresent the product over and over at the customer's expense constitutes improper business practices. Under the circumstances, I would tell anyone not to buy or sell Akribos watches. I would not even give one away as a gift. I hope that Amazon and the retailer(s) will act to protect customers from a manufacturer that knowingly continues to sell substandard, defective products. God Bless you all. Pastor Mike.
on February 19, 2010
This watch is very nice looking, and wears very comfortably. It is some times troublesome to see the hour and minute hands beacuse they seem to blend in to the background in some lower lighhting conditions. Like most automatic watches, this watch seems to gain about 5-7 seconds a day. I wear this watch with both a suit at work and out with my wife in a more casual atmosphere and it goes very nice in either setting. The case appears to be well constructed and the band is also well made and very comfortable. I would recomend this watch and think it is a nice addition for any watch collection.
on August 8, 2011
I normally don't write reviews, but some comments were needed. The item described is not Water resistant depth: 99 Feet. The case thickness does not include the thickness of the front and rear glass faces which when measured is 16mm.

Apart from these inaccuracies the watch would have meet my expectations, but mis-leading information leads to slight disappointment.
on November 10, 2011
I got this watch with high expectations with the msrp being $500 but i was greatly let down the only metal piece in it was the clasp. the crystal wasn't anything but a piece of plastic and with in three days it lost an hour and every time i would set it back it lost an hour in another day claims to be water resistant but with one accidental shower it got water in it i returned it i was fed up. but i was amazed by amazons return policy i didn't expect it to be just as good as going to a department store and saying its a piece of crap doesn't work and is broke already. no questions asked no return shipping paid on my end and was extremely please with amazon. this watch sucks you could buy a better knock off in a mall and it would probably last longer.
on June 10, 2010
I was very impressed with the picture of the watch but when I received it, I was thoroughly disappointed. It looks very cheap, it's not worth the discounted price, further just two days of use, and some part inside started to rattle. I live in Saudi Arabia and got it shipped from the US thru Aramex Shop and Ship, it's a nightmare to return the watch now to Aramex. Strong advise don't buy. Amazon should review quality of merchandise before offering to sell.
on January 7, 2014
Update:

Anyone claiming this watch is a fake needs to provide proof. When he or she does, let me know and let Amazon know. Proof would consist of taking it to a qualified dealer in Akribos, better yet sending it to Akribos who can say for certain one way or the other.

Otherwise my original review:

It's got the neatest bubble crystal, which I didn't expect. It's a small watch, very easy to wear, very lightweight, and a helluva lot of fun to look at. The strap is gorgeous with the gold of the watch itself and the leather is so soft and pliable. This is one great little watch! And it's automatic too. Not too bad for the money.
on February 19, 2012
I will give it an average review, as I returned once I saw it but never experienced the mechanical aspects. I was looking for a brown watch as I already have a black one. I was expecting a light brown strap based on the picture but the strap was bright orange, one step away from jailhouse wear. I received it on a lightning deal and it wouldn't have been worth it to buy a new strap.
on July 3, 2014
I own 12 watches and thought this one was cool. The "skeleton" part of it is a joke. The main "gold" palte you see there is a complete fake piece. This thing stopped working after a few days, and the "leather strap" is low quality leather. Do not buy.