4.0 out of 5 stars After a Month...
I really like this watch. I am a fan of automatic movement skeleton watches and i had been looking for a good one in my budget for a while now. I was hoping for a swiss made, but i ended up settling for this one instead.

Published on May 11, 2011 by JC Masterpiece

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned
This is a beautiful piece, lovely to look at, and was a perfect fit for my boyfriend's wrist. However...as read in another review, my boyfriend suffered a temporary loss of arm hair to the band but it eventually stopped. This wasn't a big deal to him.
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars After a Month..., May 11, 2011
This review is from: Akribos XXIV Men's AKR446BK "Bravura Saturnos" Stainless Steel Watch with Mesh Band (Watch)

After owning this watch for about a month, i'm still pretty pleased with it. It is a good watch, but there are still some issues with it;

BAND: First off, i had heard from others that metal mesh bands tend to pull arm hairs and can be really annoying. I have had that problem with previous watches and while it is definitely annoying, i was willing to sacrifice a little bit of pain for a nice watch. However, in the month that i have had this watch, that has not been a problem for me. It happened once or twice in the first week that i owned the watch, but never since then.

However, I have had problems with one of the rounded "corners" of the watch band digging into my wrist. I have developed a callous at the spot, so it does not bug me anymore, but it can still be annoying at times.

Also, within about a week of owning and wearing it daily, the gun metal black began wearing off on the outside edges of the weave of the band. It's not really noticeable to others, but a watch with a "list price" of $595 should NOT have that kind of problem... ever!

TIMEKEEPING: This watch is not a very accurate time piece. In the time i've had the watch i've noticed that it gains a couple of minutes every week. So I have personally adjusted mine about every 7-10 days so that i would have a semi-accurate timepiece.

WATCH HEAD: I didn't really notice it so much in the pictures, but the watch face is definitely BIG. I would describe it as oversize. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just a noticeable thing.

One of my biggest qualms with the watch is the stud. When i first got the watch and i went to set it i had a very difficult time pulling out the stud to the "set" position. In fact, when i finally was able to pull it out, i literally pulled the stem all the way out of the watch. I was nervous at first, but the watch just kept right on going as if nothing was wrong, and the stem / stud went right back in rather smoothly. Since then, in my weekly time adjustment, that has happened again once or twice. It doesn't seem to be hurting the watch itself, but it definitely should not be doing that.

OVERALL: I really like the style and look of the watch, but for a watch with a "list price" of $595, this is a piece of junk. For a $100+ watch, it's not a horrible watch. Ultimately, i PROBABLY would not have paid more than $100 for this watch knowing what i do now, but that's me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned, January 28, 2014
What was a big deal if when the watch stopped working. This is an automatic movement watch however it stopped keeping time after 3 weeks. We started manually winding the watch and after a month (almost to the day) even a manual wind would not help keep time.
This has been returned and thanks to Amazon I'll receive a full refund... my hunt continues for a new watch for my love.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool as hell, February 12, 2014
Didn't give it 5 stars because I have to wind it more that I thought for an automatic wearing it every day. Other than that, it looks spectacular, I get more compliments on it than I have hair follicles and it matches just about everything. Great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but just does not work., September 11, 2013
Not happy at all with the watch... Nice looking watch but does not work they way it should. Having to set the time over and over again was just a hassle!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled by it's good looks!, June 11, 2012
I bought this watch for my son for graduation. As usual, Amazon's shipping was prompt and it arrived in plenty of time. However, I immediately noticed the cheap packaging and limited instruction manual. The watch itself was attractive. The clasp on the watch was terribly difficult to lock and unlock, as was adjusting the size. The second's hand constantly caught on one of the other watch hands and the watch stopped working altogether on several occassions. Needless to say, it was returned to my son's disappointment. I did not reorder this watch as the quality was very poor. However, Amazon's return feature is awesome, as is their service! That is why I continue to use them and have for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars This time piece is well crafted and is aesthetically pleasing ..., August 18, 2014
This time piece is well crafted and is aesthetically pleasing. The fact the bands size can be changed is another advantage, instead of going to a jeweler and having them do it for you. This helps save time and money. The skeletal look has stopped more than enough people and complements do not cease. Overall, 5/5 due to its ability to look complex with a very simple design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, great style, awesome price, January 20, 2014
Very nice watch. I like the style and the price was worth it! Watch gets wound up when you move you're arms and at rest it stops.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not water resistant, not reliable, no time keeping, December 28, 2013
First off, this watch is NOT water resistant. I kept it out of the water for the first six months I had it, but when it stopped keeping time, I decided to jump in a "Lazy River" in Vegas with it and noticed right away the moisture getting inside. Still to this day, I can see condensation on the inside of it and it's been months.

Also, as of a few days ago, the band just broke. I was walking into my room and it just fell off my wrist. It broke right where the band meets the face. No idea how that happened and it looks like it was glued together.

Lastly, this thing does not keep time at all! Well before it broke, it would not keep time. I literally had to adjust the time every single day. The "self-winder" did not work and even when I would wind it, it would keep time for maybe 15 hours.

Lots of compliments on the watch from people, but lots of complaints from myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, December 12, 2013
This watch is keeping great time and love the look of it. I have people ask about it all the time. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, December 10, 2013
Very stylish, I where it to work often, and get many compliments - the costumer service is very helpful .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›