1,091 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Aladdin Fans, You're in for a Treat
Get ready for this new two-disc DVD set which is going to teach you a whole bunch of stuff about "Aladdin" you never knew, as well as present you with an aweseome version of the original film.

The film itself is a masterpiece. It won two Academy Awards for its music and features a touching story and compelling cast of characters. The humor throughout the movie...
Published on October 23, 2004 by George Buttner

3.0 out of 5 stars Finally, but beware of alterations!
When Disney's Aladdin was released on videotape and laserdisc for the first time in October 1993, it debuted with a PC alteration, immediately into the film, as a line from the opening song was changed because of concerns over Arab stereotyping - "Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face" became the neutral "Where it's flat and immense and the heat is...
Published on March 6, 2004 by Keith Paynter

‹ Previous | 14 5 6110 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Disney films!, March 21, 2001
This review is from: Aladdin [VHS] (1995) (VHS Tape)
This is one of my personal favorites in Disney animations! Like the other works of the time, Aladdin is a splendid, Disney version of a well-known children's story, modified and retold to capture all audiences. The animation is beautiful and the songs (A Whole New World is the BEST Disney song!) are just GREAT! (I wish Jasmine had more singing parts - her voice was so pretty, but at least Lea Salonga got to sing for Mulan too! :) ) I liked this version of the story much better and I can't wait for Disney to redistribute this wonderful classic again! This copy is pretty worn - like all my other Disney movies. This is a must-see/must-have for all, even if you're not a Disney fan! Get a hold of a copy today!!

4.0 out of 5 stars What an Entertaining Movie, October 8, 2004
Aladdin would not have been what it is without the talented Robin Williams. The songs ARE great and the story is good, but it still retains a bit of the Saturday-morning-cartoon feel, mainly because of the voice acting which is a bit overdone. The other classics that preceded this one, like The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast still seem a cut above. Otherwise, this is a great movie with a good message to kids and adults alike. Also, if you're someone who watches all of the special features on DVD's there are some good bonuses which give a real inside look into what it takes to make an animated film and some insights into what the movie could have been including an original plot line that included Aladdin's mother, a few deleted songs and a heartfelt reminder of the tragic loss of song-writer Howard Ashman, who, along with Alan Menken was basically responsible for the resurgence of the animated musical. All in all, this is a great DVD if you are a fan of the film or of animated musicals in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars A disney classic re-born on DVD!, October 14, 2004
John Lindsey "John" (Socorro, New Mexico USA.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is the tale of a street thief named "Aladdin" who falls in love for the beautiful princess Jasmine, he discovers a magic lamp with a witty Genie to grant him three wises including him to make him a prince, and must defeat the evil sorcerer Jafar.

This movie is the most spectacular movie of 1992, the higest grossing movie of that year and a instant classic for it's great disney animation, some groundbreaking effects, a sharp sense of humor from the Genie played by Robin Williams, Gilbert Godfried whom is perfect as Jago the Parrot, and great songs by Howard Ashman & Alan Menken such as the memorable " A whole new world".

The 2-Disc DVD set is amazing with awesome extras like commentary, featurettes, fun games, behind the scenes on how this remarkable animated movie was made, still-and-art gallery, publicity and more makes this a definite must buy for your DVD collection, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids 10+, May 11, 2014
Hilarious, full of action sequences, music, and "fun for the whole family!" Seriously, I grew up with older siblings and we had it on VHS so I grew up with Aladdin and Jafar and Jasmine and Raja and Abu and most of all Genie as well! Me and my siblings still crack jokes with quotes from the movie and sometimes even burst into song- mid verse and we know exactly where we need to continue from.

Some suggestive themes between Jafar and Jasmine however it may be able to blow completely over your kids' head.

Hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Aladdin, May 13, 2003
This review is from: Aladdin [VHS] (1995) (VHS Tape)
This movie is one of my favorites of all time. I remember, when I was a kid I watched it a lot and I was always playing with the small characters... These where the best days of my life, being a kid, the toys and all. I'm 19 right now so it is getting a little more serious and complicated, I've got to pay my own bills you know lol, pay when I go to the movies, work on the weekend... Back to this film, it is really great, I mean it's one of my own classics. The DVD is coming in 2004 and the film will get the IMAX treatment so it should be cool.. Opens in IMAX theaters January 1, 2003!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!!, January 27, 2005
Aladdin is one of my favorite movies, and it's great that it is now on DVD! The color has been enhanced and it looks better than ever. Plus, the DVD has tons of bonus features, including deleted scenes and songs, and a tour of the Genie's lamp (so huge!). The only bonus feature I suggest NOT watching is the "A Whole New World" music video performed by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. They have completely messed up this magical song. Instead, view the feature "A Diamond In The Rough: The Making Of Aladdin" to see the original singers, Brad Kane and Lea Salonga, record the song back when the movie was being made... Or even watch the 1992 music video of "A Whole New World" performed by Regina Belle and Peabo Bryson.

Well, all I can say is Aladdin is a great movie, and it's even better on DVD. This should definitely be added to everyone's Disney collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can show you the world..., November 20, 2004
Jim (SmallTown, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This is my favorite movie of all time. Now, let's face it, I'm 16 years old and my favorite movie is Aladdin. I know it sounds kinda weird in a psycho-kind-of-way, but it true. If you were wondering, my other favorite movies include Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail and About a Boy. I'm not all that werid.

I practically have the whole movie of Aladdin memorized, including Abu's non-sensical gibberish. Every line should be treasured, because this movie is by far the best Disney movie. Not to mention the voice of Aladdin is absolutley gorgeous.

Along with some of the best voce talents and jokes, this movie has some of the best songs ever too. My personal favorite is One Jump Ahead, where all of Agrabah is trying to get Aladdin. Along with One Jump Ahead are Whole New World, Friend Like Me, and Prince Ali. Wow. With songs like that, why isn't Aladdin everyone's favorite movie?

So, if you want to take the advice of a 16 year old whose favorite movie is Aladdin, BUY THIS RIGHT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done DVD, March 20, 2006
Having never before seen this movie, the DVD experience was a first viewing for me. I was particularly pleased with the Disney sound. Disney has done a good job with both the sound and picture. The movie is simply an enjoyable experience for adults as well as children. If one has the advantage of full surround sound, the Disney sound is enveloping in the home theater environment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the movie, but the Bluray audio is not synched with the video, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Aladdin [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I was watching the movie and the audio becomes disassociated with the video at around minute 59 or so. It is very minor (like maybe a half second or so) but enough to make it annoying as the audio lags the video. It might be my Bluray player but I don't think so as other blurays play fine on it. I might of just got a dud.

I noticed that the Bluray I had was intended for the UK market, not sure if this had anything to do with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disney movie reward points not valid in US, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Aladdin [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Aladdin is a great movie... but I am in the US and the Disney rewards code I got with this movie is only good in the UK or Ireland. So, I don't get my points but the movie works fine. Just know that this isn't the US release of the bluray.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6110 | Next ›

Aladdin (Disney Special Platinum Edition Collector's Gift Set)
Used & New from: $24.95