5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Published on January 18, 2012 by modlife

2.0 out of 5 stars Works at first but build-up happens quickly
I thought this was a miracle product the first week. By the second week, my hair was sticky and stiff. I used the coordinating shampoo and conditioner and my hair was a tangled, sticky mess all of the time. It's taken several weeks to remove the build-up. I wouldn't recommend it.
Published on March 10, 2011 by KCamp0

2.0 out of 5 stars Works at first but build-up happens quickly, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Alaffia Beautiful Curls Curly to Kinky Curl Activating Cream (Health and Beauty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 18, 2012
I am sorry I have to disagree with most of the people on here who had a bad review for this product its actually great its the only product that makes my hair soft combined with the leave and actually tames it I have tried aveda which i only use for a big blown out fro and miss jessies just doesn't do a thing for my curls. My hair is 3c and adore this product because it does not make my hair dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my fine, curly European hair, too!, June 17, 2012
Zoya Raysberg (hayward, ca United States) - See all my reviews
I, with my long-ish, fine, curly European hair was at the local whole/natural food and stuff store and asked the only other curly-haired woman in the beauty section if she had any products to recommend. She had soft, curly, thick African hair and said that she loves this stuff and every curly-haired woman(regardless of ethnicity) has loved this. She suggested I use this in conjunction with Kinky Curly Original Curling Custard Kinky Curly Curling Custard 16 oz(but just a teeny bit for my hair). I put on this product(Beautiful Curls) after towel drying and combing my hair. Then I use a pick to loosen it up and tousle it. Then I layer on the Kinky Curly, which I slightly dilute with water. Maybe a 1/4 teaspoon or even less for my hair. I purchased an 8oz jar of the Beautiful Curls about 5 moths ago and I have about a month's worth left. The Kinky Curly...well I got a 16oz jar in April 2011 and I've barely put a dent in it. And I've sampled it out to a few curly haired girlfriends, who have also loved it. I don't think I've even used 10%.

So, for over a year, I've been using this combo. I wash and condition my hair 2 times per week. For washing, I use Aubrey Organics GPB Shampoo Aubrey Organics - Gpb Shampoo, 11 fl oz creamand Aubrey Organics Island Naturals ConditionerAubrey Organics - Island Natural Conditioner, 11 fl oz liquid(both of which I've been using for over 5 years. Some breaks to try other stuff, but I always come back to the Aubrey Organics Island Naturals and GPB lines).

I've had less breakage and more shine and body. I am SO happy with the Beautiful Curls and Kinky Curly combination, that I have quit on my fancy, more expensive Bumble and Bumble products, which were neither natural nor organic. I had hoped to find a natural alternative that I could live with, but found one that I am thrilled with in these products!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great for Afro women's hair, December 15, 2011
B_hah (maryland , USA) - See all my reviews
I am usually not a person to promote products because I prefer just shampoo and oil on my hair but I decided to try this product. I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews. I think that it is great for Afro-textured hair.It does not dry out the hair and in fact keeps it moist. If you are twisting your hair with this product after washing, it gives the hair a healthy glow and once you take out the twists, it holds the curl for more than a week. Great product that contains overall wholesome ingredients. I would reccomend this if you you are looking for a product that is composed of natural ingredients and helps hold a natural curl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft Curls, April 2, 2011
Danielle (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I just purchased this product at a well known natural product store. I absolutely love it. It left my curls soft and defined it beautifully. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Cream!!!, June 1, 2012
I have used this product twice now for my two strand twist out and have had great results. It leaves my hair with a soft, non-frizzy hold!!! I have tried Darcy's Twist cream and it was too heavy and greasy for my hair! This one is perfect. I think my hair is 4 b/c ?!? its also very soft and only semi-thick. Unlike other reviewers this has not left my hair with any icky build up. I love it! I may have to get the shampoo and conditioner next!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too sticky and leaves residue, September 26, 2011
Don't get fooled by the labels, this is not great for Kinky hair. Just settle for the Beautiful Curls Gel Curl Defining Shea Butter For Wavy To Curly Hair. When I use the one for so-called Kinky hair it left my scalp itchy and icky, and I just washed my hair. You can try for yourself.

1.0 out of 5 stars It is okay, but other Alaffia is awesome, August 23, 2012
A. Jones "A.Jones" (Ocean Springs, Ms. USA) - See all my reviews
It is extermly "watery" and thin. I would only reccomde it for ppl with thin fine hair. I guess it didn't work on mine because I have kinky curly hair, overall it is great with natural ingredients. Look at youtube how Affalia is made.

I would keep ordering a lot of Affalia hair products even thru it expensive, i know why it is pricey. Some is made with unrefined. It is very great.
The large "everyday" conditioner (the one that is very hard finding) with vanilla smelling is made with unrefine shea butter. It creamy too. Be sure you still look at youtube for all kind affalia hair products before ordering, so you will know if thin or creamy works for your hair.

I know I must have thick creamy (just like Shea Enchancing Moisture) to work with my texture. it will help get thru my thick hair and hydrate better.

I was disappionted that I wasted a lot money in activation cream during to thin watery, I gave to ma instead. She has fine hair.

***Not all AFFALIA is watery , only activation cream

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is a Great Product, June 18, 2014
Sandra Babcock (Westfield MA USA) - See all my reviews
If you don't have a chemical relaxer in your hair and you like the natural look, then you would like this. It is a good conditioner, it makes the hair soft, it defines the curl or the wave, whichever the case may be, and it smells great. I love it. Good for children's hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars controls coarse hair!, May 4, 2014
I discovered this in a Natural foods store and it is moisturizing as well as offering hold control for my frizzy prone hair!
Nice scent that isn't going to give you a headache-Love this product line

Rate and Discover Movies